Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Azeez is a quality young prospect

I hope he aint going
  • Would be very surprised if we're releasing Azeez. I like Evina too and don't see we're going to do a lot better in terms of cover/competition for Wiggins so I'd keep him. Less surprised to hear the others are leaving, although it's a shame it hasn't worked out for Mambo. He'll probably still carve out a decent career for himself though.
  • Mambo's progressed this season after going out on loan in League 2 and later League 1, but with us signing Feely in January I guess he isn't realistically going to get a chance next season.

Wasn't one I expected to break into our first team but he had a chance. Hope he keeps developing and works his way up to the Championship

Not sure why we'd release Azeez, he's still only 19 in his first season as a pro.
  • I will be extreemly disilousioned with our youth policy if we release Azeez

And question the way the club is going

Mambo i understand has been given the chance a real chance at league level abd it has been chosen not good enough

Azeez went to wycombe and thats it needs a real season in and around our squad with better coaching then a couple of loan spells to learn the game
  • If Azeez goes then I'd be very concerned as I doubt that'll have been a decision made by CP.
  • His name doesn't come up very often when we're talking about our youngsters, but midfielder Bradley Jordan has been given another year.

He's done well for the U21's this season.
  • edited April 2013
    craigcafc said:

If Azeez goes then I'd be very concerned as I doubt that'll have been a decision made by CP.

I'm pretty sure that decisions about player retentions have been made by CP.

• I think your right but i would be disapointed as i think he has the raw speed and approach to be a player but i aint scp

I would be disilousioned as the 5yr plan was to develop our young players not release after no real chance at league football so would fail
    To see the method in it Azeez was a fringe player in the squad and highly thought of within the set up
  • I think we'd all be disappointed if Azeez goes, I'd give him another year and then shift him out on a season long loan to a lower league club. He can't be on high wages and if the other club picked up a chunk of those wages then we'd effectively be getting a more experienced player back in a season for little outlay.
  • I cant believe that Azeez has been released, I hope and suspect that he was, like Ceddy, commenting on others who have been let go - maybe Mambo. We have a couple of other decent young striker prospects in Smith and Pigott, but they are both big target men (I think). If BWP goes as we all expect, the only striker with any real pace will be Danny "Oooh me hamstrings" Haynes. Unless we suddenly have some dosh to sign a proven Championship quality, pacy striker, I'd say Azeez looks our best bet - and most definitely worth a place in the squad next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Him and silva play so well together i would love to see a silva and azeez pairing in league football at cafc one day
  • Azeez - maybe they see Smith/Pigott and Sho Silva as better prospects

Evina - and maybe Fox has come on enough to be a decent enough back up to Wiggy
  • Not the same sort of players clive
  • Where does it say Azeez has been released? I think people may be reading his twatter comment and jumping to conclusions.
  • Vinnie V. said:

Where does it say Azeez has been released? I think people may be reading his twatter comment and jumping to conclusions.

Correct.
  • I hope this is correct I really rate the lad
  • Today's sun

Ipswich and Charlton both want Notts County midfielder Alan Judge, 24. He will be a free agent in July.
  • Really really really surprised if Evina Azeez and Mambo are off. It either means we are aiming significantly higher (or think we are) or are potless.

Do not agree with this analysis in any way. If we were cutting players for financial reasons it would be higher paid seniors. Maybe time to stop suggesting that everything is due to some fiscal black hole, it's getting silly.

• shirty5 said:

Today's sun

Ipswich and Charlton both want Notts County midfielder Alan Judge, 24. He will be a free agent in July.

Bearing in mind we were after him previously and he is now a free agent, he was always going to be on our radar. Can see this one happening.
  • shirty5 said:

Today's sun

Sadly Ipswich seem to have plenty of cash to splash so I would be surprised if he joined us

• Sponsored links:

• I'd heard Judge had already lined up a deal with Huddersfield?
  • Swisdom said:

shirty5 said:

Today's sun

Sadly Ipswich seem to have plenty of cash to splash so I would be surprised if he joined us

Would be a real shame if we miss out on Judge.
    He is the type of player we don't really possess at present and I believe he could really make an impact.
    Should be our main target IMO.

• I'd heard Judge had already lined up a deal with Huddersfield?

be surprised if that were the case as Udds can still be relegated can't they?
  • Saw 40 unread rumour rumour messages and got excited about a potential new signing. Depressing reading another of our kids has gone. When did our plan re CAT status change, before the new owners or just recently.

Don't understand why we have spent so much on likes of Hart if we plan on staying CAT 2. Sale of Palmer or this other lad prob only cover his 1yr pay so what's the point.

Copied from the Callum Harriott thread

There was a lot of negativity that another of our starlets was poached earlier this week but perversely it's a fabulous advertisement for local kids to come to our academy as opposed to going to one of the big boys from day one.
    Sadly it's to be expected that we will lose some players along the way to the big boys as they can turn their heads financially - but as and when we become one of the big boys.....the hunted becomes the hunter.

We will thenhave the advantage of already having the great staff and, seemingly great, players at the club and could go on to something special.

The two lads who have recently departed (whose names I honestly can't currently recall) may go on and be world beaters.....or as is more likely may go on and do the chief sum of nothing on a football pitch but just have a nice car on their driveway for a couple of years while they try to make it.

• 30 Apr 2013 23:54:26
    Charlton Athletic are interested in Burnley midfielder, Dean Marney. The 29 year old Londoner is out of contract this summer.

30 Apr 2013 22:45:31
    John Sullivan has reportedly agreed to leave Charlton at the end of the season and in an attempt to gain more first team football, could sign for the team he spent the last three months of the season as first choice keeper, AFC Wimbledon.

30 Apr 2013 20:26:05
    Yado Mambo will sign for Shrewsbury in the coming days after a successful loan spell and being released by Charlton Athletic
  • Dean Marney has signed a 2 year contract extension today. So doubt that will happen.
  • shirty5 said:

Today's sun

Judge, Reo-Coker, Wordsworth. Does Ipswich's recruitment policy just involve following our scouts around?
  • Probably, in a tractor.
  • you'd need a tractor to pick Reo-Coker up! no thanks to getting him in.
  • Swisdom said:

Saw 40 unread rumour rumour messages and got excited about a potential new signing. Depressing reading another of our kids has gone. When did our plan re CAT status change, before the new owners or just recently.

Don't understand why we have spent so much on likes of Hart if we plan on staying CAT 2. Sale of Palmer or this other lad prob only cover his 1yr pay so what's the point.

Copied from the Callum Harriott thread

There was a lot of negativity that another of our starlets was poached earlier this week but perversely it's a fabulous advertisement for local kids to come to our academy as opposed to going to one of the big boys from day one.
    Sadly it's to be expected that we will lose some players along the way to the big boys as they can turn their heads financially - but as and when we become one of the big boys.....the hunted becomes the hunter.

We will thenhave the advantage of already having the great staff and, seemingly great, players at the club and could go on to something special.

The two lads who have recently departed (whose names I honestly can't currently recall) may go on and be world beaters.....or as is more likely may go on and do the chief sum of nothing on a football pitch but just have a nice car on their driveway for a couple of years while they try to make it.

Fair enough. A compelling argument for now. Still not convinced that Cat2 academies will be financially viable in future if financial recompense is not improved but we will see.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!