Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• It was more important that solly stayed this season as he would and proved to be pivitol in staying up the first season

If solly goes this season i will be gutted but not pissed off as long as tge money given strengthens the squad
  • Sid Nelson, young CM at Millwall, from Eltham.

What about him?

• Gary Nelson,Sid James.

seems like he's played centre half as well from a quick google

• Jimenez is in Australia, which is delaying important matters. Not sure when he's back.

Due to be at the match tomorrow, CE

• Jimenez is in Australia, which is delaying important matters. Not sure when he's back.

On the pitch at half time to thank the management,players and fans for a momentus season as well as keeping his five year plan alive. ;-)

Only got one eye and one arm though

I may be wrong but I thought Murray was going to be on the pitch at half time as Slater and Jimenez won't be there.

I may be wrong but I thought Murray was going to be on the pitch at half time as Slater and Jimenez won't be there.
    RM was on the pitch before the match as advertised earlier and both MS & TJ were visible in the Directors' area....although they missed Yann's first goal !

• Sponsored links:

RM was on the pitch before the match as advertised earlier and both MS & TJ were visible in the Directors' area....although they missed Yann's first goal !

I'm surprised that RedMidland doesn't understand that pitch invasions are NOT acceptable!

I'm surprised that RedMidland doesn't understand that pitch invasions are NOT acceptable!
    Sod it i thought I'd got away with it!!!
  • Now the season has ended let the Solly rumours begin! A mate of mine has just informed me that he has heard that Fulham are interested in our beloved right back - to add a bit more grist to the rumour mill, £4 million was mentioned. I can't get hold of him to find out the source of this and can't discover anything about it on any websites so God knows where it has come from. Just thought I'd throw it out there. If there's anything in it, I don't think CS would be best advised to join the sinking ship that is Fulham right now.
  • Now the season has ended let the Solly rumours begin! A mate of mine has just informed me that he has heard that Fulham are interested in our beloved right back - to add a bit more grist to the rumour mill, £4 million was mentioned. I can't get hold of him to find out the source of this and can't discover anything about it on any websites so God knows where it has come from. Just thought I'd throw it out there. If there's anything in it, I don't think CS would be best advised to join the sinking ship that is Fulham right now.

It would be a step up in both career and money. Would think that Fulham would be a good shout. He will get games there. Can't see him walking into many Prem sides just yet.

My choice as POTY, would be sad to see him go and remember we then have to find a replacement. However if that rumour is true then £4m for your right back as a Championship club would simply be too good to turn down. There's no way we'd be in a position to say No.
  • As long as we reinvested it, all of it, then we've seen what powell can do with a lump sum from a player sale before. However, we had Solly to step up and fill th void before but we'd need to buy one now.
  • Apparently(dont know how reliable), we are being linked with Jamie Mackie from QPR and Jem Karacan from Reading, however, surprise surprise, wages are an issue.
  • Would be over the moon with both of them.
  • Surely QPR and Reading would want to hold on to both of them?
  • Jem is a local lad, parents live in Catford, good player, yes from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would have thought karacan would be signed by a prem club! West ham wigan swansea etc
  • edited May 2013
  • edited May 2013

Jem is a local lad, parents live in Catford, good player, yes from me.

I know his cousin, he fully expects to be at Reading next year.
  • I would have either but we'll get neither ;-)
  • edited May 2013

Now the season has ended let the Solly rumours begin! A mate of mine has just informed me that he has heard that Fulham are interested in our beloved right back - to add a bit more grist to the rumour mill, £4 million was mentioned. I can't get hold of him to find out the source of this and can't discover anything about it on any websites so God knows where it has come from. Just thought I'd throw it out there. If there's anything in it, I don't think CS would be best advised to join the sinking ship that is Fulham right now.

Do you think if we got an acceptable bid of 4m or 5m we would let Solly choose whether he goes or not? Or would the club say sorry I know you'd much rather stay here but we need the money?
  • See those sorts of players I would like us to be interested in not Tomlin etc

We should be going for Cardiff Wigan QPR hull players who can't get in not pboro Brissle shiteh, wolves players
  • edited May 2013
    So when CAFC got relegated in 06/07, it meant our whole squad (including baby Bent, Rommedahl, Luke Young, Diawara) weren't good enough for the Premier League?

Peterborough were 7th highest scorers in the league last season, while they conceded the second most goals. Their problems were in defence, not in attack.
  • See those sorts of players I would like us to be interested in not Tomlin etc

We should be going for Cardiff Wigan QPR hull players who can't get in not pboro Brissle shiteh, wolves players

what a load of BS
  • edited May 2013

So when CAFC got relegated in 06/07, it meant our whole squad (including baby Bent, Rommedahl, Luke Young, Diawara) weren't good enough for the Premier League?

Peterborough were 7th highest scorers in the league last season, while they conceded the second most goals. Their problems were in defence, not in attack.

Peterboro's biggest problem was that they began the season losing their first 7 games on the trot.

Just 1 draw in that 7 would have saved them from relegation.
    Averaging just a point a game in those first 7 matches would have seen them finish comfortably mid-table on 61 points.

Scoring 66 goals (more than Charlton!), they evidently they have some decent Champs standard players.
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 1m

Expecting more news on #cafc out-of-contract players today. Meetings being conducted.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!