Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• I'd be surprised if Evina isn't offered a new contract - whether he'll sign it is another matter.

He needs regular football - but I can't see him replacing Wiggins.
  • I'd be surprised if Evina isn't offered a new contract - whether he'll sign it is another matter.

He needs regular football - but I can't see him replacing Wiggins.

If Wiggins is still with us when the season starts !

• so by the same token we can assume that Evina is being offered a new contract?

Until it's on the OS and all that ......

Can't be bothered to find out who told us but I'm fairly sure that at the poty he told someone he had been offered a new deal. I may be mistaken.

and we don't know but he may be offered a better deal elsewhere. not saying that will be the case but ........ and the same for Evina, Hughes et al

• Heard a rumour this thread's getting closed.......
  • Source ?
  • RIP Rumours Rumours
    Its been emotional.
  • Source ?

Unreliable.
    :-P
  • Source ?

Not on OS
  • RIP Rumours Rumours
    Its been emotional.

Time to start a "Rumours rumours rumours" thread .... ?

• I still have hope for Rumours Rumours. It's survived before and will survive again! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• http://www.businessinsider.com/you-lose-30-minutes-of-your-life-every-day-you-indulge-in-a-drink-smoke-or-steak-2012-12

Every cigaratte you smoke you lose 11 mins of your life

Every steak you eat costs you 30 mins of your life

Every pint you have costs you 30 mins of your life

Reading every post on this thread cost me about 2 years!
  • edited May 2013
    First few rumours - Those were the days.

Rumour and Charlton Life were better then.

: - )

McLovin Member
    March 2009 in Rumours
    Nottingham Forest boss Billy Davies is eyeing Reading striker Leroy Lita to help his side. (Daily Star)

Crystal Palace are hoping to sign Sunderland forward Anthony Stokes on loan for the rest of the season. (Daily Mail)

Both formerly connected with us. I'd like either of the subject of these unfounded rumours to come to us.
    «1234567…330»
    Comments

RedArmySE7RedArmySE7 Member
    March 2009
    I heard Palace already had Stokes?
    adamtheaddick Member
    March 2009
    Lita would be great i know some may disagree but would add that cutting edge.
    BigRedEvil Member
    March 2009
    Lita would be good.

Burton/Kandol/Dickson have about a goal between them over the past month.
    Scoham Member
    March 2009
    I agree about Lita, better than anything we have.
    eaststandmikeeaststandmike Member
    March 2009
    According to the BBC web site Stokes is a done deal and has joined Palace but I have not seen anything about Lita, I would have him back and he has been finding the net for Norwich (Loan) and Reading since he left us.
    Chris_from_Sidcup Member
    March 2009
    With Reading struggling to score at the moment (5 without a goal) they might well want to keep Lita
    Dazzler21Dazzler21 Member
    March 2009
    Shouldn't this be under "Rumours" ?
    Kap10Kap10 Member
    May 2010
    Noiw that we are back in the rumour season can we just have one thread for rumours, unless they are about takeovers?
    CafcSteve Member
    May 2010
    Llyod Sam Rumours:
    http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/burnley-fc/127114-burnley-fc-and-newcastle-united-joined-in-race-for-charlton-midfielder-sam.html
    http://www.charlton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=199144
    DizzleDizzle Member
    May 2010
    Im new here

Anyway, anybody think we should do our utmost to try and sign Simeon Jackson off the recently relegated Gills?

I know we have no money what so ever but im sure we can arrange some sort of deal
    ISawLeaburnScoreISawLeaburnScore Member
    May 2010

Posted By: Dizzle

I know we have no money what so ever but im sure we can arrange some sort of deal

I think you've found our stumbling block ;-)
    pilchardpilchard Member
    May 2010
    They can have the ultra brilliant Dickson in exchange!
    TELTEL Member
    May 2010
  • Yeah but who broke the lita deal

8)
  • The Addicks are set to raid wolves for trio Karl Henry, Stephen Hunt and Dorus de Vries
    I hope not
  • http://www.businessinsider.com/you-lose-30-minutes-of-your-life-every-day-you-indulge-in-a-drink-smoke-or-steak-2012-12

F**k me...good job I don't smoke
  • New from FR

charlton ins
    sanchez watt free
    jon obika free
    jake wright 325k
    mark gower free
    lee martin free
    john bostock season long loan
    andy barton 200k
    conor henderson free
    moses oledayo 300k
    jeffrey schlupp loan

charlton outs
    scott wagstaff free
    ricardo fuller free
    yado mambo free
    john sullivan free
    salim kerkar free
    matt taylor free
    andy hughes free
    semi ajayi free
    harry osbourne free
    joe pigott free
    dale stephens 1. 75m
    danny hollands 250k
    bradley jordan free
    danny haynes free
  • Not many places you could get a semi for that amount..

Ok ok...
  • is Schlupp the new mullins/purse? Seem to be linked to him every window.
  • I'd still like Simeon Jackson by the way

F**k me...good job I don't smoke
    I've done a "back of the envelope" calculation, and reckon I died before I was conceived!
  • Sponsored links:

• Keeo seeing FR saying we are after Conor Henderson and Sanchez Watt, probably made up but are they actually any good?
  • Never been impressed with Sanchez Watt when I've seen him play but if Powell rates him then that's good enough for me.
  • Only drink whisky thus avoiding the life-shortening issues associated with beer.
  • As a brewer, can I just say that people who drink beer moderately have a longer life expectancy than people who don't drink at all.
  • Varney to take over Ebsfleet with the Kuwaiti's. Why?!

Where has this come from?

Does fit in with what little we know about their business plan ie what was tried at Eastbourne.

Where has this come from?

Does fit in with what little we know about their business plan ie what was tried at Eastbourne.

Its in th kent messenger I think
  • can get them cheap, good transport access, potential.
  • Massive Disney style theme park being built in that area too.
  • From Kent Online

Former Charlton Athletic chief executive Peter Varney could yet be the man to help rescue crisis club Ebbsfleet United.

Varney is representing a Kuwaiti company looking to invest in a football club and the Messenger understands Ebbsfleet is one of the clubs the group is looking at.

Having brought financial stability back to The Valley, Mr Varney is now chief executive of KEH Sports Ltd, the newly-formed sports subsidiary of the Kuwaiti European Holding Company.

His job is to oversee the group’s planned and future investment in football in the UK – and those plans may centre around Stonebridge Road.

Mr Varney said: “Whether they (KEH) invest with somebody who already owns a club or they go alone, they want to build a club.

“I gave a presentation on football finances and I didn’t think anything more of it until I was approached by people who are looking to get involved in football. They asked if I would represent them and we had discussions. They went on to set up a sports subsidiary.

“It’s flattering to be approached to do something like this because a lot of people could do this sort of role.”
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!