Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Henry will be devastated
  • Is Archie in your clan Uncle?

Yes another one from my brothers club, He's not been at Charlton very long............. He's from Harold Hill.

• Good news on Edwards. Think @Uncle said he used to play as an attacking midfielder? I take it he's pretty good going forward? Only seen him in the Chelsea cup game, did well enough but probably a lot more to come from him. Apparently really impressed for England U16s recently.
  • Archie edwards may not have fancied the move and could well be staying put

Great news if confirmed

Well done young man if what i heard this evening is true

Let's hope so. The young fella will get a huge cheer from me when he breaks through the ranks.
  • edited May 2013
    Very obvious to me tonight that Saturday is goodbye to Solly if anyone hadn't come to terms with that already...
  • Didn't get that impression at all from tonight, ISLS...
  • Just seemed like it to me. Hopefully not but lovely bloke and he is absolutely first class on the pitch as well. Deserves everything he can get.
  • Very obvious to me tonight that Saturday is goodbye to Solly if anyone hadn't come to terms with that already...

Have I missed something ? what happened tonight ?
  • edited May 2013

Very obvious to me tonight that Saturday is goodbye to Solly if anyone hadn't come to terms with that already...

Have I missed something ? what happened tonight ?
    Solly was wearing a West Ham shirt at the sponsors dinner

• WSS said:

Not on the OS and not surprising but Waggy will be gone this summer.

Source: Scott Wagstaff.

Nothing concrete confirmed in terms of club but waiting to see how playoffs pan out. Hopeful though because he's "cheap to sign". He's disappointed and frustrated with this season but quite excited about the future. Top bloke.

No surprise there. Someone will pick up a bargain, hope he gets a decent club and does well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Agreed on Waggy. A really nice guy and an honest pro. He will be a find for someone.
  • edited May 2013
    I wish Waggy every success. He deserves it. Always gives of his best. Likewise to Chris Solly who I fear will be wearing a Charlton shirt for the last time on Saturday. He's good enough to step up and that won't have gone unoticed elsewhere. It will also fit in with the ethos of developing young players or signing bargains and moving them on at a profit. As long as it improves the club as a whole I can live with that. I wouldn't mind betting that Wiggins will be off as well although his long lay off might have moved him off some clubs radar. Onwards and upwards.
  • You need to not worry who goes who stays its football and shit happens

As long as the money is right and replacements sourced that improve the squad then I will be happy with that

We have some good youth to come through and of we have to grow nurture and sell after we have had the chance to enjoy then so be it
  • had this lastyear ----Solly is off---didnt say he wasnt on Twatter etc etc etc blah fecking blah.

FFS get a grip of your gonads---hardly the first or the 30th time we have had to sell our best player(s) is it.

• I will leave NLA for all gonad related activities!
  • had this lastyear ----Solly is off---didnt say he wasnt on Twatter etc etc etc blah fecking blah.

FFS get a grip of your gonads---hardly the first or the 30th time we have had to sell our best player(s) is it.

Agree with the first sentence, in terms of im not gonna worry until theres real evidence he is off.

I know its not the first time but i proper love watching him and he's one of the reasons i enjoy going to see Charlton.

One more season in the Champ wouldnt do him any harm, especially if we can push for a playoff spot.
  • i'm willing to say solly will still be a charlton player this time next year.
  • Last night Chris seemed to imply that the new contract offer he was told was forthcoming at the beginning of the season has still not materialised... not sure that's reason alone to assume he's off but fingers crossed it is sorted out shortly now that the season is over!
  • Jimenez is in Australia, which is delaying important matters. Not sure when he's back.
  • Jimenez is in Australia, which is delaying important matters. Not sure when he's back.

Rumour has it he's working down the list Ackworth style

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Australians_by_net_worth
  • Sponsored links:

• 95% solly will be here next season. Best option for him aswell!
  • Pl scouts have been watching Solly all season and have seen the same impressive performances we have. Who knows what the club or Chris decide to do, but it would be quite remarkable if we did not receive at least one serious bid for his signature this summer.

I heard that used as a reason but just don't buy it. If many Board meetings are done by phone and a lot of contract talks are done by Prothero what is the problem with Jiminez being in Australia? Maybe someone should tell him about mobile phones, laptops, Ipads and Skype. Plus he has only been there a month or so and therefore you would have thought plans would have been in place for both eventualities (relegation and not relegation) before he left.

As I understand it at least one of our out of contract players is in negotiations over a contract, but it is lower than he expects to get elsewhere (although that may not stop him signing it as he likes the club & more importantly the manager)

• SLP/Cawley saying Haynes offered new contract.
  • good, still think he can offer us something and is class at this level

He seemed quote happy last night, said this year had been a bit of nitemare with injuries, latest being a bruised lung suffered in training, but looking forward to next season, is also hoping for a certain club to be relegated tomorrow....

He seemed quote happy last night, said this year had been a bit of nitemare with injuries, latest being a bruised lung suffered in training, but looking forward to next season, is also hoping for a certain club to be relegated tomorrow....
    jesus, makes me scared to go outside!

I never knew he hated his old club Barnsley so much?

I never knew he hated his old club Barnsley so much?

Ha ha more like our local neighbours.
  • Is Solly out of contract at the end of next season? Sign him up or sell him.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!