Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Chris Solly going to Middlesbrough?

Dream on, Boro!

• Oggy Red said:

Chris Solly going to Middlesbrough?

Dream on, Boro!

Exactly, why would he take a step down at this point in his career?
  • Albert Adomah going to Boro for £200k ? They asked Palace for £2.5 m.
  • Ha pearce Maynard and trotter ... All discussed on here and dismissed as pipedreams. Would be great but Norfolk and chance
  • Thought Alex Pearce was off to Liverpool.
  • Mickey pearce bill maynard and Rodney trotter i think ;-)
  • Charlton and Burnley are both pondering moves for 24-year-old Bristol City striker Sam Baldock.
  • Any idea what budget SCP will have, if any? If it's a case of clear some wage bill and sell Solly to raise funds to build, it would be a shame. Would rather we let go of a few and gamble in the free and loan market personally. Defence looked composed in most of the last 8 games and there's something to build upon there.
  • Charlton and Burnley are both pondering moves for 24-year-old Bristol City striker Sam Baldock.

Ponder as much as they like as long as we dont sign him. He didnt want us last time, so why should he come here now....oh yes, because the club he choose over us were sent down! He is pants, and we neither want him or need him.
  • He waited right up to deadline day as he wanted to come to us, did not want to go to Bristol at all and showed in his performances I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafckev said:

Charlton and Burnley are both pondering moves for 24-year-old Bristol City striker Sam Baldock.

Ponder as much as they like as long as we dont sign him. He didnt want us last time, so why should he come here now....oh yes, because the club he choose over us were sent down! He is pants, and we neither want him or need him.
    We couldn't afford him, Bristol could. Don't think he's done that well a Bristol, but a new club and he's still young, Powell might fire him up to perform.
  • He waited right up to deadline day as he wanted to come to us, did not want to go to Bristol at all and showed in his performances I think.

Agree in that we couldn't afford him and when Fuller became available went for him instead but Powell definately wanted him THEN.

If SCP still wants him after a poor season, albeit for a struggling club, we shall see.

Maybe he will be cheaper now.
  • Greenie leaving would also free up baldocks favourite number 7 shirt ;-)

this with knobs on. Deal was done then we run out of cash. He waited as long as he could but could not wait any longer. He'll come like a shot and I'd have him all day long.

• Alongside Yann I think he could be very good.
  • edited May 2013
    Baldock would be a good signing.

He'd be hungry for us and with a bit of class around him he will score goals.
  • Baldock and Yann, yes please!
  • cafckev said:

Charlton and Burnley are both pondering moves for 24-year-old Bristol City striker Sam Baldock.

He's not pants though is he? He was excellent for MK Dons and good for West Ham despite not being used enough. He also managed to get 10 goals for a useless Bristol City side. Did Darren Bent become a crap player when we went down from the Prem? No, he still managed to get goals despite the dross supplying him. I think we do need him considering we're losing Fuller, Haynes has fitness issues, BWP is probably going and there's no guarantee we're getting Obika back.
  • I think greenie will go as he wants first team football
  • Another summer of intense will he/won't he Baldock rumours! Keeps this thread busy during the off season I suppose!
  • Sponsored links:

• As things stand we have Kermorgant and Haynes. We need at least two strikers in. I would be pleased with Obika and I think Baldock could complement both Yann and Jonathan if he materialises. Much will depend on what Bristol City want for him. I can't see us paying the amount he was sold for last summer. I still have a feeling that we will sign a foreign striker. Better value to be had from Europe.
  • Hope Green stays. He's a game changer but needs consistent team selection.
  • Darren Purse has been released by Port Vale.
  • Mickey pierce ha ha ha.

How about jason scotland as a like for like for fuller? Ok nowhere near as talented in some senses but has a higher workrate.

I like the idea of at least one mercurial striker...someone who gets bums off seats

Jamie mackie i really rate also
  • As things stand we have Kermorgant and Haynes.

thought Haynes was out of contract too?

• edited May 2013

As things stand we have Kermorgant and Haynes.

If papers are to be believed and in light of his absence on today's list, it seems Haynes is getting a new deal.
  • As things stand we have Kermorgant and Haynes.

Weren't we told that he said he had been offered a new deal by the club ?

• so by the same token we can assume that Evina is being offered a new contract?

Until it's on the OS and all that ......

• so by the same token we can assume that Evina is being offered a new contract?

Until it's on the OS and all that ......

Can't be bothered to find out who told us but I'm fairly sure that at the poty he told someone he had been offered a new deal. I may be mistaken.

• I'd assume so Large. BWP and some of the kids aside, I'm assuming anyone not on that list, e.g. Haynes Hughes Evina Dervite is getting a new deal.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!