Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Boys of Summer return - Baseball is here again

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2009
    Go Cards .700% and won 7 lost 3 of the last 10. Highest percentage in the MBL right now.

And Albert Pujols hit a Grand Slam to break 1000 Runs batted in (RBIs). And against the Cubies too.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/ to check out how your team is doing
  • Options
    Red Sox on an 11 game winning streak and even swept the Yanks, needed this after a terrible west coast trip. Can't see it continuing much longer against some decent sides on the road and even at the "new" Yankee Stadium next week. Been an interesting start to this season
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So with the Twins beating the Tigers in a one-game play-off for the Central AL title the post season is set to begin

American League

Minnesota Twins v NY Yankees

Boston Red Sox v LA Angels

National League

Colorado Rockies V Philadelphia Phillies

St Louis Cardinals v LA Dodgers

Pick a team and follow it on ESPN
  • Options
    Come on the Cardinals - had a bet on them at start of season.
    All my others havent qualified.

Although think it will be Yankees Phillies final
  • Options
    I fancy a national League winner, 3 very strong teams in there this year
  • Options
    Come on the Phillies...make it 2 in a row!
  • Options
    Like to see a Twin v Rockies final, which will piss the TV networks off royally.
  • Options
    Red Sox ain't winning it this year, I know that for a fact.
  • Options
    Sack the Board BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dodgers sweep the Cardinals 3 to nothing

All best of five games

American League

Minnesota Twins 0 v NY Yankees 2

Boston Red Sox 0 v LA Angels 2

National League

Colorado Rockies 1 V Philadelphia Phillies 1

St Louis Cardinals 0 v LA Dodgers 3
  • Options
    What a drag for the Cards, who had had a great season to win the NL Central. They were well outplayed by the Dodgers in Games 1 & 3 but, even so, it could have been very different if Holliday had held a simple catch to win Game 2. Vital to persuade Manager Tony La Russa to do his annual contract renewal but rumours are that his buddy and long-time pitching coach Dave Duncan may call it a day.

Boston Red Sox in must win game this afternoon vs the LA Angels (5pm on Sky 430 for all you ESPN subscribers) - should be a cracker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    especially after the season record v the Trolley Dodger was something like 7 - 2 in favour of the cards.

As you say that error in game two cost them.

Anyone but the Yankees now
  • Options
    baltimore for me, though do check out the mets as well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]baltimore for me, though do check out the mets as well

Need a number for the Samaritans?
  • Options
    American League

Minnesota Twins 0 v NY Yankees 3

Boston Red Sox 0 v LA Angels 3

National League

Colorado Rockies 1 V Philadelphia Phillies 3

St Louis Cardinals 0 v LA Dodgers 3

So.......

Angels v Yankees in the AL

Phillies v Dodgers in the NL

So will the Phillies win back to back World Series?

Will be have an all LA final (a freeway series?)

Or will the Damn Yankees do it again?
  • Options
    Please not the Yankees, anyone but them! Its bad enough my mets had a bloody awful season without the Yankees winning the world series.
  • Options
    9th Inning in the Phil's game yesterday was quality.
  • Options
    ESPN are showing it all, either on ESPN America, or on the normal channel and in HD on 442
  • Options
    you haven't recently got an HD telly have you Rothko? : - )
  • Options
    Nope, had it for a while my old mucker
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]baltimore for me, though do check out the mets as well

yeah do you have it handy? it's a bit like supporting charlton, never win anything, how does the saying go, oh yeah, " once a sucker, always a sucker "
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]

yeah do you have it handy? it's a bit like supporting charlton, never win anything, how does the saying go, oh yeah, " once a sucker, always a sucker "

Got to feel sympathy for the Mets - terrible injuries this season. Even so, Omar & Jerry have to go I fear.
    New stadium is brilliant - was lucky to be there for pre-season "friendly" vs the Red Sox. May be a bit tough for hitters but great facilities/viewing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]Omar & Jerry have to go I fear.

Definately, although the injuries were unlucky, most of the big players out for the best part of the season.
  • Options
    The Memphis Redwings for me but big team the Cardinals
  • Options
    The Forum needs tidying up. Too much non-football stuff, too much contraversial topics, too many people looking to get a rise out of others, or indulge in petty pointscoring, and too many people not showing respect to other users, or the ethos of the site.
  • Options
    Fisrt game of Angels v Yankees in the AL tonight

Phillies 1 v Dodgers 0 in the NL

Phillies won away at Chevez Ravine so have a big advantage now.
  • Options
    the Missus brother lives in Phillie so I'll be looking out for them as usual
  • Options
    NYY 4 LAA 1 last night.
  • Options
    Good games last night. The Dodgers sqaured the series with the Phillies (1-1) last night. Phillies were leading 1-0 at the bottom of 8th but an unbelievable throwing error and a walk with bases loaded let the Dodgers back in to win 2-1. Pedro Martinez pitched 7 scoreless innings for the Phillies and many felt should have have been left in to pitch the 8th.

CC Sabathia gave up 1 run and 4 hits in 8 innings in the Yankees win. The Angels were plagued by some pretty comical fielding errors also. Looked very cold at Yankee Stadium with some of the players wearing balaclavas! Game 2 tonight in NY. Think the Dodgers/Phillies take a break before resuming tomorrow in Philli.
  • Options
    Yankees 3 - 1 LA Angels

Phillies 3 - 1 LA Dodgers

Phillies could clinch it tonight while the Angels just don't seem able to cope with the NY hitters.
  • Options
    COME ON PHILLIES!!!!!!