Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swine Flu - How worried are you?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Couldn't give a shit. Even if it DOES become a pandemic I'll stick it in the big box of assorted crap marked "Stuff I Can'T Do A F***ing Thing About" and get on with my life.

What advice would you give those of us at a high risk level then Leroy?
    Go out and find someone who cares.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    You can tell when you have the pig flu because you get covered in rashers.
  • Options
    not bothered but it's havign a bad effect on this lady in thsi weeks would ya
  • Options
    Would ya? No but I know at least two who would!
  • Options
    lol I think I can guess one of them -

It's a definiote no

Thanks for picture Adam by the way :-)
  • Options
    It is not true though you know just a Ploy by our government to hide bad news like the Budget the ression and unemployment

Watching GMTV this morning waiting for people returning from Mexico in manchester

"Whats it like out there" (Journo)

"Fine nice and hot very relaxing" (nthner)

"And how are the people of Mexico dealing with the problem" (journo)

"Well we didnt buy a paper and the TV was all american so we didnt know about swine flu until we got on the plane home" (Nthner)

"Oh right back to the Studio" (journo)

now either that nthner was blind and stoopid or it is being hyped to feck by the media here for some reason or another

wheres Nigel when you need him
  • Options
    A
  • Options
    That was an A to Henry's question. C for Jimmy's.
  • Options
    Working alongside EHO's who deal with notifiable illnesses like this all the time and are in constant touch with those that actually know what's going on rather than rely on what a Daily Mail reporter writes I tend to follwo their lead. Currently they are currently pee'ing themselves at the ridiculous levels of plonkers walking around wearing pointless masks and generally regard it as just another (of many) infectious outbreaks that occur every single year without wiping out mankind. Yet.

When they start worrying and stockpiling baked bean and Evian, so will I.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]Working alongside EHO's who deal with notifiable illnesses like this all the time and are in constant touch with those that actually know what's going on rather than rely on what a Daily Mail reporter writes I tend to follwo their lead. Currently they are currently pee'ing themselves at the ridiculous levels of plonkers walking around wearing pointless masks and generally regard it as just another (of many) infectious outbreaks that occur every single year without wiping out mankind. Yet.

Whentheystart worrying and stockpiling baked bean and Evian, so will I.

but why are the media being so over zealous in their reporting it is fecking ridiculous
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I haven't paid much attention to it, but we have two kids under 5 years old & a significant percentage of Canadians, (us included a few weeks ago), go to Mexico in the winter...so I guess it could affect us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Couldn't give a shit. Even if it DOES become a pandemic I'll stick it in the big box of assorted crap marked "Stuff I Can'T Do A F***ing Thing About" and get on with my life.

What sort of an answer is that?
    If some kids start dying from this....and I did say IF....will you care then?
  • Options
    Had a heavy cold ( Man Flu ) last week and had to take 3 days off work.

Still have cold and coughing this week, getting some strange looks on the trains.

Bonus, no one wants to sit near me when i start coughing.

A for me to Henry's question , I've had it and I'm now immune !
  • Options
    !
  • Options
    "Scientists give thier opinions based on research, the media dont understand it.
    I dont think anyone will benifit from the worst case scenario "

Scientists give their opinion based on their research and their hypothisis like anything you can have vastly differening 'expert' opinions. Scientists and researchers will benifit by talking up an issue as they we be given more funding from the governement and private investers, do you remember all the talk several years ago about the Ozone layer & CFC's and how it would all have dramatic effects on us, then all of a sudden it dissapeared from public consious as actually it wasn't much of an issue at all. As a born cynic and part of this 'media manipulation' what better way of getting a big fat research grant into virus research than talking up an end of the world type scenario which would be an extremely interesting for newspapers at the same time...
  • Options
    when I hear a full interview on the radio with a scientist they tend to be very circumspect and qualify what they say. They know that their peers will be listening so have to be clear and precise.

Yet when I carry on listening the news then report the same interview using only the part where the scientist says "millions could die" but not the "but at this stage that is very unlikely" part.
  • Options

What sort of an answer is that?
    If some kids start dying from this....and I did say IF....will you care then?
    Bore off will ya fella? Its starting to get tiring now.
  • Options

What an unecessary response
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]

What an unecessary response
    Oh the irony...
  • Options
    I don't think too many folk will be surprised at Leroys remarks Shooters....least of all me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I don't think too many folk will be surprised at Leroys remarks Shooters....least of all me.
    Its not that - I just think that most people won't care
  • Options
    I'd like to think most people WILL care.......but then maybe I'm a bit old fashioned like that.
    I think the subject is now exhausted....so I'll bore off!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]"Scientists give thier opinions based on research, the media dont understand it.
    I dont think anyone will benifit from the worst case scenario "

Scientists give their opinion based ontheirresearch andtheirhypothisis like anything you can have vastly differening 'expert' opinions. Scientists and researchers will benifit by talking up an issue as they we be given more funding from the governement and private investers, do you remember all the talk several years ago about the Ozone layer & CFC's and how it would all have dramatic effects on us, then all of a sudden it dissapeared from public consious as actually it wasn't much of an issue at all. As a born cynic and part of this 'media manipulation' what better way of getting a big fat research grant into virus research than talking up an end of the world type scenario which would be an extremely interesting for newspapers at the same time...

I remember the talk of Ozone layer & CFC's. Propelents and air con gases amongest others were changed because scientists research.
    The media are not scientists but they do think they understand science.
  • Options
    Three more UK cases confirmed. One in North East and two in London. Total confirmed in UK now eight.
  • Options
    DA9 and all (from p1 of this thread)

I think you mean 'Treatment', not 'F Troop'

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Three more UK cases confirmed. One in North East and two in London. Total confirmed in UK now eight.

lol. looks like this is going to turn into another 'how many tickets have we sold thread !
  • Options
    Thats what I meant tickets not cases ...doh
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

lol. looks like this is going to turn into another 'how many tickets have we sold thread !

so it will be greatly exaggerated , last i heard total of 12 couple more in cornwall and a couple in milton keynes
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Three more UK cases confirmed. One in North East and two in London. Total confirmed in UK now eight.

presumably we are to expect loads of posts suggesting that other countries have always had loads more cases than we have. and that for a country with our population is it a pretty pathetic effort.
  • Options
    london could get the worst of it though as everyone that goes anywhere lives there.