Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swine Flu - How worried are you?

Comments

• Options
    SkyNews reports "everyone in Britain" to get the flu-jab...........
  • Options
    I've got it.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I've just had flu. I never got to see a doctor let alone be tested for swine flu so how they can say accurately how many have been affected. I was offered tamiflu but turned it down on the basis that the side effects seemed worse than I was feeling at the time. I have had real flu in the past and this was not as bad but nevertheless I had a temperature and the shakes for several days plus cough etc.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Two colleagues at work are off with it.

Both were ill before they caught it. One is suffering really badly. Breathing problems etc.

The worst of all is how the MOD treated her son. He has already done two "tours" in Iraq and was due to fly out to Afganistan last Friday. He phoned them a couple of days before to advise that his mum had it and that he had been in contact with her, they straight out accused him of trying to dodge his latest posting!!!

I was gobsmacked when she told me over the phone. I assumed they would have just not sent him for a while to make sure he didn't take it out there?. Those guys are doing a hard enough job, without getting those sort of accusations fromn on high!
  • Options
    Not now as I'm just getting over it.
  • Options
    NLJR has been diagnosed with it :-(
  • Options
    David Icke says it's a big conspiracy engineered by the lizards

http://www.davidicke.com/content/view/25191
  • Options
    Took one too many kicks in the head did David.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Took one too many kicks in the head did David.

He could do with another one :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was upat Charlton ASDA today, nice to see in these times of taking more care over hygiene that the checkout staff continue to sneeze into their hands, wipe their noses and carry on touching food on the conveyor belt. A bit of sanitising hand fluid and tissues required at the checkouts me thinks.
  • Options
    I've got something but am hoping it's just a cold as my daughter turns 1 this week and I don't want her getting it
  • Options
    I'm fully recovered and back at work. Was only really 'badly' ill for 2 days, bed bound for 4.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2009
    Medders has it:
    swine-flue-pig-300x225.jpg
  • Options
    I've seen you with worse WSS
  • Options
    First two Cases at my work, both have returned to work after four days off now complaining of feeling tired.
  • Options
    They have it at daughter's work (she lives with us) and a neighbour also has it apparently.

My attitude is what will be will be. Hopefully none of us have the type of underlying health problems that have proved dangerous to some.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Latest news picture from the Beeb...
  • Options
    All gone quiet on the swine flu front. Anyone know someone with it at the moment ?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I had it in the summer (or so the doctors speculated because they didn't test me).The numbers of infections are going down significantly so I understand. Lets hope it doesn't turn out to be like the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1919 where the initial virus was mild but came back in the winter in a much more virulent strain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They reckon they will start to rise now with autumn coming, and schools going back.
  • Options
    There's an email circulating linking swine flu to eating canned ham. Ignore it. It's patently false, and besides, it's spam.
  • Options
    Certainly has quietened down, my pharmacy was supplying 200+doses at its peak 4 weeks ago, now down to 20 this week. Who knows what the future will bring
  • Options
    My mate Jewish Dave has caught it, how the hell was that possible?!
  • Options
    3 Blackburn players have been diagnosed with Swine Flu. BBC are speculating its David Dunn & Chris Samba but Big Sam wont confirm saying they 'have a virus''.
  • Options
    I am confused with all this lark....I now don't know whether I have a normal cold (man flu) or the swine flu.
  • Options
    Man flu is far far worse :-)
  • Options
    Saw a sign here today (in St Claude, France) directing people to flu vaccinations. Has any such thing started in the U.K?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]My mate Jewish Dave has caught it, how the hell was that possible?!

I know, you having a 'mate' unbelievable !! ;-)
  • Options
    I dismissed it as typical media hype.

However today I have heard that the 11 year old daughter of a friend has been admitted to hospital suffering from double pneumonia as a complication of swine flu. She is very poorly.