Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dowie , The TRUTH

Comments

• Options
    Quick cricket is like cricket, just with plastic wickets/bats softer balls and the running is not the same as normal cricket, it's basically easier.

As for french cricket, see above, just add white flags.
  • Options
    Thought that was Italian...........

*sorry*
  • Options
    No man, in Italian cricket every player must change sides twice an over.
  • Options
    From my understanding the strategic review was carried out due to a mix of reasons. The first was that the run of results was getting worse, and looking like relegation form after the 0-0 with Watford. The second was the realisation that Jordan may have been right with his high court writ, and that Dowie had not exactly been telling Murray the whole truth.

On the whole the line taken by the club was that he was sacked because of a poor run, of results. On reflection though I think that (IMHO) they got rid of him, as they had realised that they were had.
  • Options
    Hoew the f*ck does he do it ?

IAIN DOWIE is being lined up as Director of Football at Notts County so Sven Goran Eriksson can move higher up on the Meadow Lane board.
    If Dowie, 44, takes the job it will mean present boss Ian McParland becomes first-team coach as the League Two side gear up for their promotion push.
  • Options
    Is it April Fool's Day already ?
  • Options
    Still love this much earlier comment from Imissthepeanutman;-

'If I was him I would look for a job up north. Somewhere like Southampton. '
  • Options
    I'd love to have seen his powerpoint presentation "tying up the Notts" ....:-)
  • Options
    i'll never forgive him for getting them lost on a run in newcastle
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Hoew the f*ck does he do it ?

He had probably prepared a document call 'Nuturing Notts County' . Just think, if a job comes up at Craven Cottage he could already have a plan ready called 'F***ing Fulham'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yep he got us to the 1/4 finals of the league cup and didn't have the easiest start to the league having to play chelsea, arsenal and man utd in the monster 12 game start that he got given where he picked up 8 league points .... where as parky managed to pick up 6 points in his first 12 games ......
    if dowie had stayed we wouldn't be in the third tier of football we'd be in one of the top two leagues IMO .....
    oh sorry i forgot he got us lost on a run in newcastle ..... hang him........
  • Options
    i'm with you morts....we wouldn't be where we are now for SURE
  • Options
    He could go back to palarse and present "Jerking Off Jordan"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]yep he got us to the 1/4 finals of the league cup and didn't have the easiest start to the league having to play chelsea, arsenal and man utd in the monster 12 game start that he got given where he picked up 8 league points .... where as parky managed to pick up 6 points in his first 12 games ......
    if dowie had stayed we wouldn't be in the third tier of football we'd be in one of the top two leagues IMO .....
    oh sorry i forgot he got us lost on a run in newcastle ..... hang him........

Turn it up, Oooaaahh.

I can understand your hero worship of the Great Curbs but defending Dowie is a different kettle of fish.

Dowie presided over a farcial run where the team - for the most part - looked absolutely clueless as to what they were supposed to be doing. The off the pitch stuff was even worse from what I have heard from reliable people, especially his habits of buggering off whenever he felt like it.

The 1-0 home loss to Pompey was abysmal - (Omar Pouso? Enough said) and the 3-2 loss at Wigan was equally unforgivable and Watford should have beaten us at The Valley as well. Watford!

He won two games in the league (you can't seriously claim that the QF of the CCC is a decent achievement) and both of them were highly fortuitous, Man City had about three cleared off the line and hit the post when we beat them 1-0 and Bolton missed a penalty when we beat them which if they'd converted would probably have won them the game.

Let's not even start on his transfer policy.....Diawara, Faye, JFH, Pouso and Walton were all disasters and the only decent signing he made, Andy Reid, was a well known crock who hardly played.

Of course, let's not forget his really astute decision to release Bartlett, Perry and Powell - all of whom were crucial players that could have given at least another season of good service.

He has done nothing since leaving us to suggest that he is nothing but a bullshit merchant who piggy-backed on a red hot Andy Johnson at Palace for a couple of lucky seasons.

He would have been equally helpless to arrest our slide as Pardew was.
  • Options
    Difficult to disagree with any of that OA
  • Options
    The truth is...

WHO cares...?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]The truth is...

WHO cares...?

Yes, you're right of course.

Who cares about the biggest turning point in the recent history of Charlton Athletic?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

Who cares about the biggest turning point in the recent history of Charlton Athletic?

yep alan curbishley wasn't allowed to see the last year of his contract out (something parky is doing now)
    FACT
    and if you think those 12 games were enough for dowie that's your opinion and mine is if he had stayed we would be in one of the top two divisions now ... dowie has never got near to relegating a team from the championship .....
    i just don't think he got a fair crack of the whip...
    i mean 12 games and 8 points playing the top teams in the world.... not 12 games and 6 points playing the chod of the chumpionship
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Let's not even start on his transfer policy.....Diawara, Faye, JFH, Pouso and Walton were all disasters and the only decent signing he made, Andy Reid, was a well known crock who hardly played.

Diawara ... champions league player got sold for £6m recently
    faye .... premiership squad member (i don't know how)
    JFH .... to me was a good punt to have but that failed
    pouso and walton correct waste of time but i don't think we spent big dough on them
    traore .... another failure
    andy reid ... premiership player doing big things for sunderland atm
    scott carson ... was he our player of the year ....

we were in the premiership and the three he let go that you mentioned were not good enough for the premiership at that stage of their careers , hence none of them played in the prem after they left us

i'd love to know what 'The off the pitch stuff was' but that may never reach the outside world !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

Diawara ... champions league player got sold for £6m recently
    faye .... premiership squad member (i don't know how)
    JFH .... to me was a good punt to have but that failed
    pouso and walton correct waste of time but i don't think we spent big dough on them
    traore .... another failure
    andy reid ... premiership player doing big things for sunderland atm
    scott carson ... was he our player of the year ....

we were in the premiership and the three he let go that you mentioned were not good enough for the premiership at that stage of their careers , hence none of them played in the prem after they left us

i'd love to know what 'The off the pitch stuff was' but that may never reach the outside world !!

Allegedly :-

You know that he was sacked mainly because of the off the pitch stuff. The poor results were just the nail in the coffin.

Bob Dowie in our dressing room away at Fulham coaching the players, when he was employed by Palace.

Getting the players lost on the motorway at Newcastle a couple of hours before the game.

Took some days off and let Les Reed take over whilst he did his decorating.

Away at Wigan got the coach driver to drop him off home whilst the players and Les went to hotel. Didn't turn up at the hotel in the morning so players left without him.

Never took or returned phone calls from the Chairman, even to simply communicate his team selection on a Friday afternoon for Saturday's game.

Bought Traore (a laughing stock to all supporters),Faye ditto, Diawara (found drunk in the gutter, probably why he couldn't head a ball as he had a permanent hangover).

There's more allegedly but that is enough I think to prove incompetence and arrogance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What Covered End said
  • Options
    on the basis of those allegedly's fair enough ....
  • Options
    i don't get what diawarra not being able to drink has to be part of dowie's sacking.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]i don't get what diawarra not being able to drink has to be part of dowie's sacking.

I think he was able to drink .......... a lot.

Curbs used to be painstakingly sure who he was buying, a "Charlton" type player in the main. It would appear Dowie didn't do his research.
  • Options
    heard Di.. turned up wankered to training

also rumours of punch up with a player and Dowie.

may not be true tho
  • Options
    How about a 'phone call taken from the Chairman whilst he was in a London night club - when he was supposed to be back home up North with the family?
  • Options
    "Never took or returned phone calls from the Chairman, even to simply communicate his team selection on a Friday afternoon for Saturday's game"

This was the same at Coventry.
  • Options
    So worth asking again, who on earth is stupid enough to keep employing him?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]i don't get what diawarra not being able to drink has to be part of dowie's sacking.

Curbs used to be painstakingly sure who he was buying, a "Charlton" type player in the main. It would appear Dowie didn't do his research.

Curbs bought Mark Fish and Franny Jeffers, hardly tee-totallers!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]

Curbs bought Mark Fish and Franny Jeffers, hardly tee-totallers!

Which is why I said "in the main".