Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dowie , The TRUTH

Comments

• Options
    Dowie bought Traore.

Do we need another reason to hold him in contempt?
  • Options
    and if he hadn't got sent off at west ham we'd have won 16-0
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Still despise him.

Far more than Pardew.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    Let's not even start on his transfer policy.....Diawara, Faye, JFH, Pouso and Walton were all disasters and the only decent signing he made, Andy Reid, was a well known crock who hardly played.

Diawara ... champions league player got sold for £6m recently
    faye .... premiership squad member (i don't know how)
    JFH .... to me was a good punt to have but that failed
    pouso and walton correct waste of time but i don't think we spent big dough on them
    traore .... another failure
    andy reid ... premiership player doing big things for sunderland atm
    scott carson ... was he our player of the year ....

we were in the premiership and the three he let go that you mentioned were not good enough for the premiership at that stage of their careers , hence none of them played in the prem after they left us

i'd love to know what 'The off the pitch stuff was' but that may never reach the outside world !!

I can't let that justification of 11 million quid down the toilet go past!

Diawara ... champions league player got sold for £6m recently - Yes, IN FRANCE, was about as much use in the English game as Dame Kiri Te Kanawa since his heading was on a par with Stephen Hawking.

Faye .... premiership squad member (i don't know how) - Neither does he probably. Cost 2.5 million and we had to beg Rangers to take him off our wage bill and he ended up leaving on a free. The worst player I have ever seen at The Valley.

JFH .... to me was a good punt to have but that failed - Was already past it and turned up about two stones past his best weight.

Pouso and Walton correct waste of time but i don't think we spent big dough on them - Pouso was a bizarre loan but Walton cost an upfront fee of around 500,000. Total waste of money.

Traore .... another failure - The bloke was already the biggest laughing stock in football and we bought him for 2.5 million quid and sold him for 1 million six months later. Nice one. Got sent off on his debut too.

Andy reid ... premiership player doing big things for sunderland atm - Fair enough but his injury record was appalling and he was even injured when we bought him.

scott carson ... was he our player of the year - Yes, but he was only a loanee and there was hardly a lot of competition for POTY that year, was there?

Sorry ooaahhh, I just don't see how you can defend Dowie, on the field things were diabolical and off the field they were intolerable.

We have no way of knowing if he would have kept us in the CCC - there was no way we were staying up with that squad - but what we can say is that when he went to Coventry in the CCC he DID take them into the relegation area -although he did have a sparkling cup run.

Wanker of the highest order, right up there with Dowie and a disaster for CAFC.

No more Palace buffoons in charge of my club, please.
  • Options
    What about the bugle and sherbert.
    Man down the pub swears he liked to partake.
    (Nudge,nudge, wink, wink, say no more)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

We have no way of knowing if he would have kept us in the CCC - there was no way we were staying up with that squad - but what we can say is that when he went to Coventry in the CCC he DID take them into the relegation area

dowie left coventry in 19th spot in feb 2008 (they eventually finished 21st) and the previous season under him they finished 17th he left qpr when they were 9th .... last season we finished 24th...

he might be a c**t of the highest order but it's taken some piss poor management (yep he was involved for 12 of the 130 games it took) to get us into this league from the prem and i don't think dowie could have done it if he tried and had been given more than the 12 games he got given
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I saw a sloppy piece of dog crap on the pavement today. I was disappointed to see that, as over the years the council has made great efforts to encourage dog owners to clean up their mess. This is what poor dog owners do, they allow their poorly trained pets to evacuate themselves all over the pavement without care for other residents.
  • Options
    poop a scoop my man......always carry a poop a scoop
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]I saw a sloppy piece of dog crap on the pavement today. I was disappointed to see that, as over the years the council has made great efforts to encourage dog owners to clean up their mess. This is what poor dog owners do, they allow their poorly trained pets to evacuate themselves all over the pavement without care for other residents.

Good post, hear hear.
  • Options
    Don't forget that Murray couldn't even find Dowie to sack him, and it reportedly wasn't the first time he had gone AWOL.

He still ranks at the top of my list of those responsible for Charlton's downward spiral. He's not the only one on that list, but the amount of damage that he did, in such a short time, is absolutely astounding.

If you want a symbolic refresher, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad8n3gxsTgY
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]Don't forget that Murray couldn't even find Dowie to sack him, and it reportedly wasn't the first time he had gone AWOL.

He still ranks at the top of my list of those responsible for Charlton's downward spiral. He's not the only one on that list, but the amount of damage that he did, in such a short time, is absolutely astounding.

If you want a symbolic refresher, go tohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad8n3gxsTgY

The timing of the lyrics to the photos in that montage is priceless, "aren't they queer?" hilarious.
  • Options
    You only have to look at Dowie's track record in the time since he left us to realise that maybe it wasn't just us who sussed out that something was wrong. I mean, how many jobs has he had now in the three years or so since he left us?

The amazing thing is that he keeps getting re-employed. Still, so does Marcus Bent.
  • Options
    He helped Shearer to get The Toon relegated.
  • Options
    i think dowie is a secret lemonade drinker!
  • Options
    Think there is another court hearing on the 1st July.
  • Options
    really about time this was put to bed once and for all and we get the truth that we were promised
  • Options
    Man..... :(
  • Options
    truth about what sorry? im lost
  • Options
    I just hope this whole sorry Dowie saga doesn't end up costing us money, especially if unbudgeted expenditure given our present parlous financial state.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I just hope this whole sorry Dowie saga doesn't end up costing us money, especially if unbudgeted expenditure given our present parlous financial state.
    I would imagine if its going to court then there are some pretty hefty legal bills still being paid out amd I hope that the board have made provision in the accounts for any potential payout in case it goes wrong. As much as I love the board given the cock ups that have been made it would not surprise me if dowie has a loop hole and wins
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite]truth about what sorry? im lost
    The reason Dowie was sacked.
  • Options
    It's been a long 4 years since Dowie was appointed. And we all know what's happened since.

This whole sorry affair has now dragged on far too long ......and no doubt legal costs, etc will continue to impact on our current budget; money that could have been useful elsewhere, in the playing budget for example.

Let's hope this sad saga is put to bed once and for all - and the focus put on maintaining and even rebuilding the infrastructure of the club.
  • Options
    The reason we've not had the story as "promised" is, I suspect, that the court case or at least a potential court case is still pending. For legal reasons the Club can't say anything.

I can't be sure but I would also guess that any payment to Dowie is a contingency in the accounts.

Let's just hope that it is resolved soon and that the other clubs where he has had so much success since leaving us, great manager that he is, have a chance to give evidence in court as well.
  • Options
    the sorry thing is if dowie had stayed ,imo, we'd be a lot better off than where we currently are
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]the sorry thing is if dowie had stayed ,imo, we'd be a lot better off than where we currently are

Posted 8th October 2009:
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]yep he got us to the 1/4 finals of the league cup and didn't have the easiest start to the league having to play chelsea, arsenal and man utd in the monster 12 game start that he got given where he picked up 8 league points .... where as parky managed to pick up 6 points in his first 12 games ......
    if dowie had stayed we wouldn't be in the third tier of football we'd be in one of the top two leagues IMO .....
    oh sorry i forgot he got us lost on a run in newcastle ..... hang him........

Yeah, we get it. ;-)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    at least i'm consistant(ly boring) !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]the sorry thing is if dowie had stayed ,imo, we'd be a lot better off than where we currently are

Not fact though, just opinion and as you most tediously keep telling us you only deal in facts.

Now if Billy Davies had taken the job....... : - )
  • Options
    my opinion is as good as fact imo!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite]truth about what sorry? im lost
    The reason Dowie was sacked.

I'm not really up to speed on this. What is the case actually in court for?
    Do we want to reveal why he was sacked and he's challenging it?
    Is he claiming unfair dismissal or something?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]my opinion is as good as fact imo!

well at least you didn't include the "h"

: - )