Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dowie , The TRUTH

Comments

• Options
    the truth is he was paid by simon jordan to ruin our club. dowie conned the board into handing him money from the next season tv rights and then he spent it on sicknotes and fringe players. he then did his best to get himself the sack - purposely losing games, treating the player like crap, turning up to training sessions drunk... giving the board no option but to fire him - thus receiving a big payout and putting us into serious debt. it was all a well-planned operation; i think even Pardew might have been part of it as well.
  • Options
    Isn't the internet great.......
  • Options
    Where is the case being held? I am sure I won't but I quite fancy the idea of popping down to the courts and watching the proceedings, if nothing else it will cure insomnia
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Where is the case being held? I am sure I won't but I quite fancy the idea of popping down to the courts and watching the proceedings, if nothing else it will cure insomnia
    Will try and find out, not sure if it's public though. Blackstone Chambers were the ones instructed by Charlton as far as I'm aware.
  • Options
    I travelled back to London with him on FA cup weekend, he was doing a Reading game for Sky. We struck up a conversation and it obviously turned to the goings on during his time with us, and to be honest I know its only his side of the story, but I went from detesting the man to feeling some empathy with him. Not sure if I can go into it on here but I can assure you there was no mention of a pending legal action. All he had was kind words for our club, but there were a few individuals that his words were not so respectful towards. Just to clarify Richard Murray was NOT one of those individuals.
  • Options
    come on upminsteraddick - you can tell us. he didn't make you sign a NDA did he?
  • Options
    Upminster fully understand your position and respect it.... but if you wanna whisper it ......
  • Options
    Just like Kap, I can appreciate your position....but the guy told these things to a total stranger so they can't be too sensitive.
  • Options
    new members only thread?
  • Options
    i'm sure he said les reed stuck the knife in , i heard that from a player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have no case. He did nothing wrong. A very bad chapter in the clubs history.
    It's like, hang on, you're not Alan Curbishley. We thought you'd be the same as the bloke we had for the last 30 years. Oh no we don't like you. We're going to sack you. We can if we want, can't we?

Well actually you can't, and more importantly, we shouldn't have.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: upminsteraddick[/cite]I travelled back to London with him on FA cup weekend, he was doing a Reading game for Sky. We struck up a conversation and it obviously turned to the goings on during his time with us, and to be honest I know its only his side of the story, but I went from detesting the man to feeling some empathy with him. Not sure if I can go into it on here but I can assure you there was no mention of a pending legal action. All he had was kind words for our club, but there were a few individuals that his words were not so respectful towards. Just to clarify Richard Murray was NOT one of those individuals.

I heard it was the Supporters Director (what was that bloke's name?) that really got his goat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: upminsteraddick[/cite]I travelled back to London with him on FA cup weekend, he was doing a Reading game for Sky. We struck up a conversation and it obviously turned to the goings on during his time with us, and to be honest I know its only his side of the story, but I went from detesting the man to feeling some empathy with him. Not sure if I can go into it on here but I can assure you there was no mention of a pending legal action. All he had was kind words for our club, but there were a few individuals that his words were not so respectful towards. Just to clarify Richard Murray was NOT one of those individuals.

I heard it was the Supporters Director (what was that bloke's name?) that really got his goat.

I heard that too. Read it on the internet so it must be true.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]We have no case. He did nothing wrong. A very bad chapter in the clubs history.
    It's like, hang on, you're not Alan Curbishley. We thought you'd be the same as the bloke we had for the last 30 years. Oh no we don't like you. We're going to sack you. We can if we want, can't we?

Well actually you can't, and more importantly, we shouldn't have.[/quote]

Difficult to judge if he has a case or not as we do not know why he is going to court, it maybe about his dismissal, or his compensation if any or promises made when recruited, there are a number of different scenarios and I am sure he believes he has a case or he would not be spending the money he is to get to court.
  • Options
    I thought it was a court case brought about by palace, no?

isn't this the one jordan served up on dowie (not charlton) for deceiving him about his reasons for leaving palace (i.e. wanting to be near his family up north) a few days before he took over our managers post?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: PhoenixSiv[/cite]I thought it was a court case brought about by palace, no?

isn't this the one jordan served up on dowie (not charlton) for deceiving him about his reasons for leaving palace (i.e. wanting to be near his family up north) a few days before he took over our managers post?[/quote]

From what was posted above somewhere its Dowie versus us, or rather that is my understanding, I think Jordan and Dowie has been done and dusted with Jordan winning.
  • Options
    If the results in court hold to the form of the clubs that Dowie has managed, then he will be come up a loser, again.

... now if the judge allows Dowie to use a power-point, all bets are off. ;-)

I'm sure that things like allegedly failing to turn up for training, not being with the team leading up to his final match in charge, getting everyone lost in the woods in Newcastle, poor purchases from some dodgy agents he had relationships with (even if one A.Mills did the paperwork), not being able to be found to be given the sacked because he hadn't turned up for training, plus perhaps some of the rumours floated about.
    Oh, and he is a crap manager.

All of those things should go against the former "temporary management consultant."
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]If the results in court hold to the form of the clubs that Dowie has managed, then he will be come up a loser, again.

... now if the judge allows Dowie to use a power-point, all bets are off. ;-)

I'm sure that things like allegedly failing to turn up for training, not being with the team leading up to his final match in charge, getting everyone lost in the woods in Newcastle, poor purchases from some dodgy agents he had relationships with (even if one A.Mills did the paperwork), not being able to be found to be given the sacked because he hadn't turned up for training, plus perhaps some of the rumours floated about.
    Oh, and he is a crap manager.

All of those things should go against the former "temporary management consultant."[/quote]

depending what the case is about!
  • Options
    I am aware that a deal has been done on our legal costs in this sorry matter. Once we agree a settlement with dowie, I firmly believe we can move on and be a more attractive proposition to potential investors.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]I am aware that a deal has been done on our legal costs in this sorry matter. Once we agree a settlement with dowie, I firmly believe we can move on and be a more attractive proposition to potential investors.[/quote]

And if it goes to settlement then we'll never know the detail.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]I am aware that a deal has been done on our legal costs in this sorry matter. Once we agree a settlement with dowie, I firmly believe we can move on and be a more attractive proposition to potential investors.

Jesus ! If it's this stopping us attracting investers how much is Dowie costing !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite] Once we agree a settlement with dowie, I firmly believe we can move on and be a more attractive proposition to potential investors.

So if we agree a settlement with Dowie will the "truth" ever come out?
    Or is the truth primarily that we panic sacked a manager after an indifferent start and thereafter tried to cover our back by over emphasising a bunch of minor indicretions to build a disciplinary case?
    That whole management review thing sucked IMO.
    I'd like to believe we discovered he was an alchololic/junkie but somehow I doubt it.
  • Options
    I have no idea what the truth is. I've always assumed that it was down to results and his stupid methods like cricket matches and getting lost on cross country runs. All I know is that a deal has been struck on our costs which is a positive step. Any settlement with dowie I assume will be undisclosed. This is tantamount to a business deal and I hope it has been accounted for. Moo2, hopefully dowie and then it just leaves mcleod and then hopefully we've turned the corner.
  • Options
    If I recall correctly Murray stated that he was dismissed for no footballing reasons
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I wonder if Dowie tried the old "twin switch" trick with Bob to cover for him not turning up at training.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I believe that Dowie was sacked for non footballing reasons ie not because of the results. I also believe that he was never paid any compensation and that is what the court case is about.

Therefore, all the rumours of what went on should come out in court.

I hope that it may aid our case that Dowie was proved to be lying by the court in his case against Palace/Jordan. IE Is he a creditable witness ?
  • Options
    So, will we be calling Tango as a witness?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]So, will we be calling Tango as a witness?

You meen the Orange-utan ....?

He'd go ape.
  • Options
    Dowie Brought us the talent of Omar Pouso! He deserves to be knighted for the feat!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Dowie case settled.

link

A significant step i think.