Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dowie , The TRUTH

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Not really an 'exclusive' though as the Kentish Times broke that story on their website on Monday.

http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/football/charlton/parkinson_apologises_to_charlton_fans_for_poor_performance_1_752578
  • Options
    In the link , it says that Charlton have settled with Dowie. Not Dowie with Charlton, does this imply that the club were in the wrong?
  • Options
    Takeover must be a dead cert
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]Not really an 'exclusive' though as the Kentish Times broke that story on their website on Monday.

http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/football/charlton/parkinson_apologises_to_charlton_fans_for_poor_performance_1_752578

you forgot the 'ner ner ner ner ner' !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]In the link , it says that Charlton have settled with Dowie. Not Dowie with Charlton, does this imply that the club were in the wrong?

I think it went along the lines of.

'We were right. You were wrong.But now we're loaded so take this money and your god ugly mug and F*** OFF!

;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]Not really an 'exclusive' though as the Kentish Times broke that story on their website on Monday.

[url]http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/football/charlton/parkinson_apologises_to_charlton_fans_for_poor_performance_1_752578[/url][/quote]

you forgot the 'ner ner ner ner ner' ![/quote]

Haha no, there is no credit to News Shopper in this, just pointing out one of our other rivals got it ahead of the other one.

I looked into this story this week and neither party would say anything publicly on this so the truth of the Dowie fiasco will never be known.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite] neither party would say anything publicly on this so the truth of the Dowie fiasco will never be known.

there's a surpirse .... but i thought there was a load of empty gassing from people saying the truth will come out ......
    we're still waiting cos 12 games djimi traore , amady faye and omar pouso aren't enough!
  • Options
    I did say that Dowie was confident he'd win ... which is maybe a reason why we settled out of court .... otherwise, I'd have made him suffer ...
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    what is the point of wikileaks if it's not going to get any of the real issues? maybe with the release of julian assange,they should be able to shed some light
  • Options
    Haha no, there is no credit to News Shopper in this, just pointing out one of our other rivals got it ahead of the other one.

I looked into this story this week and neither party would say anything publicly on this so the truth of the Dowie fiasco will never be known.

.......like to share what you did find out Newshopper.......

I reckon both sides paid there costs and it was all about his contract\pay off, circa 50 pecent.

I do not think either party wanted to wash there dirty linen in court!, especially us with the 'take over', buried in the snow eh!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have we still got to settle with Pards??
  • Options
    Im sure Pards was paid off
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Luke Varney was sold to pay off Pardoo - circa £1m.
  • Options
    have we settled with Ken Craggs
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]Not really an 'exclusive' though as the Kentish Times broke that story on their website on Monday.

[url][url]http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/football/charlton/parkinson_apologises_to_charlton_fans_for_poor_performance_1_752578[/url][/url][/quote]

you forgot the 'ner ner ner ner ner' ![/quote]

I looked into this story this week and neither party would say anything publicly on this so the truth of the Dowie fiasco will never be known.[/quote]

...until Dowie has a book deal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-west[/cite]Luke Varney was sold to pay off Pardoo - circa £1m.

How much is Varney worth now? £10m?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Haha no, there is no credit to News Shopper in this, just pointing out one of our other rivals got it ahead of the other one.

.......like to share what you did find out Newshopper.......[/quote]

Basically that the confidentiality clauses which form part of this settlement prevent either side from saying anything about it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite] neither party would say anything publicly on this so the truth of the Dowie fiasco will never be known.
    there's a surpirse .... but i thought there was a load of empty gassing from people saying the truth will come out ......
    we're still waiting cos 12 games djimi traore , amady faye and omar pouso aren't enough!
    maybe not, but diawara (the best centre half you've never heard of), hasselbaink and simon walton didn't help either!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]
    I looked into this story this week and neither party would say anything publicly on this so the truth of the Dowie fiasco will never be known"

Investigative journalism at its finest.

Woodward and Bernstein must be quaking in their boots.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SaySomething[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]neither party would say anything publicly on this so the truth of the Dowie fiasco will never be known.
    maybe not, but diawara (the best centre half you've never heard of), hasselbaink and simon walton didn't help either!!!!!

Dirwara was good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great. Another incompetent mug has taken our club for dough.

Every time I see this c***s ugly mug on my telly I want to smash the screen in.

Well done Mr Dowie. I don't "hate" many people or advocate violence - but if our paths ever cross then you are getting some.
  • Options
    Good luck with that Off It, I suspect Mr Dowie can look after himself.
  • Options
    12 games was never enough no matter what any charlton fan thinks .... If we'd left dowie in charge for 4 years I genuinely doubt we'd be as low as we are in the football ladder
  • Options
    Well that explains the Varney reference to the issues with the League or who ever. Guess this will now be a story for endless speculation which is a bore. Seem to remember that the Club couldn't wait to settle the legal problem, as it wanted us to know 'what really happened'. Obviously can't have been as black and white as it was portrayed, but done and dusted now, another hurdle for the takeover clambered over. I'm telling myself that this is good news, but somehow it feels a rather Phyrric victory.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds

Investigative journalism at its finest.

Woodward and Bernstein must be quaking in their boots.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

If neither side is going to break the confidentiality clause there is nothing more that can be done on it.

The closest to anything approaching an official explanation came in May 2008.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/football/2252528.Varney__Dowie_s_deals_cost_him/
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]12 games was never enough no matter what any charlton fan thinks .... If we'd left dowie in charge for 4 years I genuinely doubt we'd be as low as we are in the football ladder

Maybe not but clearly that is not sufficient grounds to have kept him on at the time. We could hardly see at that point we were going to plummet as low as we have and we couldn't exactly say "well Dowie's doing a crap job but he won't take us down to League One so lets keep him on".

Personally I disagree regarding the 12 / 15 games was never enough. Clearly the board got to know him and regardless of how long or short his spell in charge was, they realised that he was an obnoxious, incompetent tosser who talked utter bollocks and was disliked by most (players) and hence was never going to be able to do the job. Obviously it hasn't worked out since but again, at the time the board obviously didn't realise how catastrophically wrong it would go and it was fair enough that they assumed they would be able to find a competent manager, so no reason to keep an incompetent one on for any longer once it became clear that is what he was.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]12 games was never enough no matter what any charlton fan thinks .... If we'd left dowie in charge for 4 years I genuinely doubt we'd be as low as we are in the football ladder

He has failed every where he has gone and relegated at least 2 teams in the process..

apalling!
  • Options
    The big question for me isn't why we got rid of him, but why we hired him in the first place. It was all done with such indecent haste that I can't help but wonder as to whether our motives were genuinely around thinking he'd be the right man or whether it was an opportunity to put the knife into Jordan.
  • Options
    i know mick mccarthy interviewed poorly at the time but murray easily got sweet talked by dowie and pardew
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]
    He has failed every where he has gone and relegated at least 2 teams in the process..
    apalling!

where was that then ??
    or are you talking about the 8 games he had at relegation bound newcastle as shearers assistant
    or the massive 9 games he was given to revive a relegation bound hull city
    but when parky took over for the last 28 games with a team 3rd bottom he had no chance and the team was never good enough ........blah blah blah
  • Options
    spot on above.