Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• Options
    So everything still feel like it a long long way from happening. I might get turn into Steve Brown soon
  • Options
    did someone say Monday was the next imaginary deadline?
  • Options
    Tuesday Will be an announcement either way
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]did someone say Monday was the next imaginary deadline?
    Yes, Monday is officially the next imaginary deadline. (But Tuesday's the next official real deadline).
  • Options
    No.............................................................. it's Wednesday ya dimwits!!!
  • Options
    No Wednesday is the official announcement.
  • Options
    isn't the deadline whatever WE say it is?
  • Options
    dead line was yesterday.
  • Options
    my mate Rob Elms told me the deadline was from Waterloo to Brookwood

:-)
  • Options
    right who's going for what? Imaginary or not? 2 weeks was mentioned so I reckon new owners if they appear will be in place Monday week 20th July. Please state your deadline and background/reasons..?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I bet there's a lovely box in the Nigellas Stand.

Alex, we all do know that Robert Elms invented London . . . .
  • Options
    The Zabeel offer got announced late on a Friday afternoon....;-)
  • Options
    I was at the Valley an hour ago, and there is no sign of any excitement I can tell you !
  • Options
    31st July is my anniversary

I think my wife won the lottery but has not told me and is buying the club for me as a pressie

I shall make nick gray the manager and henry his assistant - that way if the game is crap the dug-out will still be entertaining!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Valiantphil[/cite]I was at the Valley an hour ago, and there is no sign of any excitement I can tell you !

They've all gone to Ireland, apart from those left behind who've gone home early - because Friday is Poets day.

PS: Take a look .....I'm top of the League !
  • Options
    Well the last proposed takeover came out while I was on holiday last year. You'll all be pleased to know I'm sitting at Gatwick airport bcos my flight us delayed!
  • Options
    I've heard there is to be an announcement on Monday. Fairly reliable source.
  • Options
    Hope its positive news. But hey its news!!!
  • Options
    Anyone complaining about how long the possible takover has been dragging on for
    Please read the Ken Bates thread when you have a spare 10 minutes and then you might appreciate that things aren't so simple.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I've heard there is to be an announcement on Monday. Fairly reliable source.
    bing old duck...not yet another 'reliable source' post I simply can't take it anymore.....I did one myself a month or so back and got egg on me face!
    Was told that Magners were taking us over and as a result Curb's was coming back.....and that was from someone who actually worked at The Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is the only reliable sauce around ere . . *prays for announcement soon as its getting on my nerves now*
  • Options
    everyone and their 'sources' should be pelted by fans with rotten tomatoes for building hopes up with no actual outcome to their bullshit and whoever is the prophet with the correct news should be given free beer for a season ... FACTS OR FACK OFF the lot of you!!
  • Options
    When the new owner/s on are pictured holding up a scarf with the East Stand as a backdrop on the OS then I will believe it.

Until then nothing is real and there is nothing to get hung about.
  • Options
    I dont want the new owners holding scarves aloft etc.

The last new Chairman on The Valley pitch I recall took us to Sellout Park!

Just a press conference, statement of intent to sort out the shambles of a club we currently are and a sack load of wedge. . . .

It would be funny if PV did takeover and someone issued a summons on him as he was speaking!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]When the new owner/s on are pictured holding up a scarf with the East Stand as a backdrop on the OS then I will believe it.

Until then nothing is real and there is nothing to get hung about.

Good lord Ben....steady on now...quoting Lennon and McCartney, what's come over you!??!....(they were two members of the greatest group ever to walk the face of the earth of course namely....... The Beatles). I'm not sure if you know of them or not ......but you couldn't really be expected to cos you were way too young.

Ducks and runs for cover.............LOL!
  • Options
    In case you have forgotten I co-wrote a song with McCartney.

And even my son knows who John Lennon is. He studied him at school in History - True!
  • Options
    Media gearing up for an announcement early next week.I think at last we are almost there. Although I confess I do not know eactly where 'there' is...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Media gearing up for an announcement early next week.I think at last we are almost there. Although I confess I do not know eactly where 'there' is...[/quote]

How are the media gearing up for an announcement next week? Have i missed something?
  • Options
    Earlier reports on here of an Irish connection may well be true , seeing as the players are now over there for a couple of matches and peeps are talking about an announcement early next week.....

Don't forget what "blarney " rhymes with ....!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Don't forget what "blarney " rhymes with ....!

Dean Marney set to sign from Hull?