Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• why when people reveal some 'inside knowledge' do people consistantly ask who their source is , i mean be real they aint gonna farking say on here are they ffs
  • Thanks Six a big, Didn't know any of that. Cut and paste the lyrics from the web so you are most likely correct.

Listened to some of his stuff on Spotify yesterday. It is good pop/folk and he can write a tune but as someone who listens to the lyrics some of it does grate a bit.
  • Althought frustrating of course I love the speculation. If LFE has heard something I`m glad he`s posted that on here and if he`s exited by what he`s heard then sad as I am I`m a bit exited too. I realise I`m setting myself up for a fall but hey it`s friday and I don`t care.
  • GUYS!!!!!!!!

big news .... if you play Britney Spears song Circus backwards it reveals our new buyers!!!...... but only if you slow the speed down and have dropped acid that breakfast....
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]GUYS!!!!!!!!

big news .... if you play Britney Spears song Circus backwards it reveals our new buyers!!!...... but only if you slow the speed down and have dropped acid that breakfast....[/quote]

Yet more rumours, all I got was boncho guentchev, joe kinnear and peter lorimer.
  • Any serious news ?
  • edited July 2009
    Leaburn for England........Mmmmmm first you say that the buyers told you last week that the deal was off and now they've told you it's on.....so they bullshitted to you the first time.....but not this time.......absolutely hilarious mate....keep 'em coming!
  • I told you all yesterday. The takeover is Mañana. Always Mañana
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Althought frustrating of course I love the speculation. If LFE has heard something I`m glad he`s posted that on here and if he`s exited by what he`s heard then sad as I am I`m a bit exited too. I realise I`m setting myself up for a fall but hey it`s friday and I don`t care.

I think you need to see a Doctor.....:o) Do you know any............?......:o)
  • Just saying what I'd heard...

Last week - the noise coming out of the buying side was the deal was off - i.e. they were walking away from the table.

Subsequent developments suggest that this was a negotiating tactic, and things have come together this week.

Hardly bullshit, standard biz practise really. They key news is that from last week feeling negative about it all it now sounds like we're all going to hear the news we want to very soon.

I've enjoyed following the speculation on here over the summer and some of it has corrolated with what I'd been hearing as well, so I thought I'd share.

If some people are so offended by speculation and "inside info" then I'd suggest they just don't read this thread.

For the rest of us, piecing together the jigsaw from the snippets of information we're hearing from people in the know is the best we have right now pending official noise from the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh, and while my info came from someone directly connected with the buyers side (and no I'm not naming names, duh), in the spirit of this thread I've consulted my other source, the tea leaves in my cuppa this morning.

I'm very excited to confirm that the takeover is DEFINITELY on OR off and news will be revealed within the next SIX MONTHS or sooner/longer, and the Curbishley/DiCanio/Leaburn dream management team may OR may not replace Parky when/if it goes through/doesn't.

NAILED ON FACT.
  • [cite]Posted By: LeaburnForEngland[/cite]Just saying what I'd heard...

Last week - the noise coming out of the buying side was the deal was off - i.e. they were walking away from the table.

Subsequent developments suggest that this was a negotiating tactic, and things have come together this week.

Hardly bullshit, standard biz practise really. They key news is that from last week feeling negative about it all it now sounds like we're all going to hear the news we want to very soon.

I've enjoyed following the speculation on here over the summer and some of it has corrolated with what I'd been hearing as well, so I thought I'd share.

If some people are so offended by speculation and "inside info" then I'd suggest they just don't read this thread.

For the rest of us, piecing together the jigsaw from the snippets of information we're hearing from people in the know is the best we have right now pending official noise from the club.

hear hear
  • Good stuff lfe, one thing worries me though. You said you heard it was off from the buyers mouth, bit now "subsequent developments" make u thinj its on. My concern is the last thing u heard from the buyer was that its off, please put my mind at rest! Also as you know who the buyer is can you give us a snippet, ie: can we expect big ivestment, or is it a steadier for the club, will it exite and amaze us all? Cheers keep it coming
  • [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]Good stuff lfe, one thing worries me though. You said you heard it was off from the buyers mouth, bit now "subsequent developments" make u thinj its on. My concern is the last thing u heard from the buyer was that its off, please put my mind at rest! Also as you know who the buyer is can you give us a snippet, ie: can we expect big ivestment, or is it a steadier for the club, will it exite and amaze us all? Cheers keep it coming

sc.....I'm struggling here to know if you're serious or not?
  • I would like to be!
  • [cite]Posted By: LeaburnForEngland[/cite]Just saying what I'd heard...

You can see why people are cynical though, after all the inside info we've heard on here and people 'in the know' sometimes completely contradicting each other. But as you say people don't have to read these threads.

I don't want to read them because I'm so sick of the rumours, but I just can't help opening them...
  • I fail to see how anyone can seriously get wound up or excited at this stage of proliferation of rumors, counter rumors and made up stuff
  • i find all the coments so funny that they have spoken to the buyer had dinner with there aunts cousins sisters nans grandsons mate and get to know what is going on. the only time you will find out is when its on the os
  • let's all put a tenner in and buy the club........afc charlton.....viva la revolution!
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I fail to see how anyone can seriously get wound up or excited at this stage of proliferation of rumors, counter rumors and made up stuff

you still opened the thread called TAKEOVER though? ;0)
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting, well it exites me! I jist need something to hang on to
  • edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I fail to see how anyone can seriously get wound up or excited at this stage of proliferation of rumors, counter rumors and made up stuff

you still opened the thread called TAKEOVER though? ;0)

yeah I just don't get excited or wound up..

OK!!!???

;)
  • edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]GUYS!!!!!!!!

big news .... if you play Britney Spears song Circus backwards it reveals our new buyers!!!...... but only if you slow the speed down and have dropped acid that breakfast....
    So somebody called 'Suc Ric' is the new owner....

And don't tell me, we're now gonna run out to 'Send in the Clowns', or should that be 'Send out the Clowns'...
  • [cite]Posted By: LeaburnForEngland[/cite]Oh, and while my info came from someone directly connected with the buyers side (and no I'm not naming names, duh), in the spirit of this thread I've consulted my other source, the tea leaves in my cuppa this morning.

I'm very excited to confirm that the takeover is DEFINITELY on OR off and news will be revealed within the next SIX MONTHS or sooner/longer, and the Curbishley/DiCanio/Leaburn dream management team may OR may not replace Parky when/if it goes through/doesn't.

NAILED ON FACT.
    That's more like it LFE.
  • The game at Dover on Tuesday has been called of which we can only reasonbly conclude that that is when we will be told of the takeover.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]The game at Dover on Tuesday has been called of which we can only reasonbly conclude that that is when we will be told of the takeover.

Or our players have Hydrophobia
  • edited August 2009
    No chance of our blue kits over the white cliffs of Dover then ;)
  • what was the date of that statement on the dover site
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]The game at Dover on Tuesday has been called of which we can only reasonbly conclude that that is when we will be told of the takeover.

Pretty much what we all think and expect. Or maybe it's jsut we still don't have an away kit ready to play there ;-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]The game at Dover on Tuesday has been called of which we can only reasonbly conclude that that is when we will be told of the takeover.[/quote]

Pretty much what we all think and expect. Or maybe it's jsut we still don't have an away kit ready to play there ;-)[/quote]

Or we can't find their ground on sat-nav, or perhaps the sat-nav has been transferred to Barnsley - reading the Bournemouth match thread McLeod in particular is missing it.