Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• Options
    I knew it did !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I knew it did !

Ha ha ha....oh the agony...one day Shooters...one day!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I knew it did !

Ha ha ha....oh the agony...one day Shooters...one day!

mañana, mañana....Always mañana
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I know this is old news now, but for those who havn`t seen the quote taken from the Dover Athletic OS

CHARLTON CANCELLED
    Only hours after contacting Whites to see if we could accommodate them in our pre-season schedule, Charlton have informed us that 'due to internal issues' they no longer wish to honour the fixture.

Now this surely must mean something significant.

It could be that someone booked it and another person, say Parky, said why do we need another preseason game?
  • Options
  • Options
    ha ha brilliant...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I know this is old news now, but for those who havn`t seen the quote taken from the Dover Athletic OS

CHARLTON CANCELLED
    Only hours after contacting Whites to see if we could accommodate them in our pre-season schedule, Charlton have informed us that 'due to internal issues' they no longer wish to honour the fixture.

Now this surely must mean something significant.

'Internal issues' sounds better than just saying we couldn't afford the petrol money to Dover. ;-)

oh and... Another 606 thread saying the takeover's done
  • Options
    This person on 606 has got a LOT of things spot on in regards to the club in the last year or so, still cautious though.
  • Options
    quick write a letter to the club demanding an update - only joshing - fingers crossed its going through.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]This person on 606 has got a LOT of things spot on in regards to the club in the last year or so, still cautious though.

Yeah this bloke does always seem to get things right and only posts when he knows something's deffo going to happen so lets hope he's spot on again !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I read somewhere else, another posting on 606 I think, that there was a Board meeting arranged for today. Don't shoot the messenger.
  • Options
    Until it's on the OS (Copyright H.Irving, Bromley) I won't believe it
  • Options
    Thursday is press day
  • Options
    I really wonder sometimes what people get out of posting what amounts to complete and utter bollocks about a takeover. I know it must be somehow 'funny' to most of them, and some may even think that repeating some rumour they saw on another message board is doing some sort of 'service' to the fans. I just don't get it at all - come on rumour-mongers - exactly what do you get out of it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]really wonder sometimes what people get out of posting what amounts to complete and utter bollocks about a takeover. I know it must be somehow 'funny' to most of them, and some may even think that repeating some rumour they saw on another message board is doing some sort of 'service' to the fans. I just don't get it at all - come on rumour-mongers - exactly what do you get out

Oh for sure it could just be another load of non-sense, it’s just that this bloke new things like exact team selections the day before the game (at the time last season when we were chopping and changing every week). Also he doesn’t post loads of stuff and get something right every now and then, he only posts when he knows something for a fact and then disappears again. He definitely works for Charlton but I don’t know in what capacity.
  • Options
    The 606 bloke has just said don't be surprised if we go for Ron Atkinson :-(

Unless it means Nigel Atkins...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]This person on 606 has got a LOT of things spot on in regards to the club in the last year or so, still cautious though.

he does seem to have dodged the when will it be made public question though.
  • Options
    maybe avoiding inflated player prices that will probably result?
  • Options
    Thing is, Leroy , that SOMEONE SOMETIME has to get it right . The fun is in guessing which one....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Thing is, Leroy , that SOMEONE SOMETIME has to get it right . The fun is in guessing which one....

and not taking it too seriously..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If people say it enough, someone can claim the scoop on it.
  • Options
    If done then why not anounce it ?
  • Options
    If you were one of the few people that knew you wouldn't be putting it on the internet.

Having got things right before doesn't mean they are right now and a team line up is a long way away from a takeover especially with all the NDAs flying around.

Carl Sagen (look him up) used to be contact by people all the time who told him they had been in contact with extra-terrestrial space travellers who had an important message for him and that he, Sagen could ask any question of the aliens he liked.

Sagen would always ask what form of propulsion did the aliens use to travel 100s of light years of space. The conversations stopped there.

If the guys knows then he seems very hazy on key details like who, when, what, where, how.

As someone, the Mahatma Gandhi I think, once said "when I see it on the OS then I'll believe it
  • Options
    as if any alien species would tell us about their travel system, we'd be messing up space within a few years just like we have this planet.

:D
  • Options
    Razil's got it right. We are the Millwall of the universe. No one in their right mind would actually encourage us on an away trip.
  • Options
    Plus an alien race would have different laws of physics to us etc, so even if they explained their method of propulsion we'd have no way of understanding it. I think Carl Sagen (whoever he is) was being a bit of an idiot even asking, to be honest.
  • Options
    There's a lot of people wetting themselves with excitement on 606. I would love for this to be true, but....Henry has a good point on this one!

BTW I am not against rumours being posted here; it is all part of the fun and we are all desperate to hear something - and, as has been said, someone has to get it right in the end!
  • Options
    In years to come,when we're lining up against Kidderminster

I look forward to this day - I'll be able to walk to this fixture!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]Plus an alien race would have different laws of physics to us etc, so even if they explained their method of propulsion we'd have no way of understanding it. I think Carl Sagen (whoever he is) was being a bit of an idiot even asking, to be honest.

Carl Sagen was very rich when asking, to be honest. Maybe not such an idiot
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Sagan

hero