Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]The game at Dover on Tuesday has been called of which we can only reasonbly conclude that that is when we will be told of the takeover.

Pretty much what we all think and expect. Or maybe it's jsut we still don't have an away kit ready to play there ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]The game at Dover on Tuesday has been called of which we can only reasonbly conclude that that is when we will be told of the takeover.[/quote]

Pretty much what we all think and expect. Or maybe it's jsut we still don't have an away kit ready to play there ;-)[/quote]

Or we can't find their ground on sat-nav, or perhaps the sat-nav has been transferred to Barnsley - reading the Bournemouth match thread McLeod in particular is missing it.
  • Options
    TBH I am trying not to get too expectant as we have so many false dawns and so in the words of Henry Irving I will believe it when it is on the OS
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]what was the date of that statement on the dover site

just checked it out.definitely off. And more worringly,Dover have beat us to the signing of 49 year old Nicky Southall.Really thought he could have done a job for us.
  • Options
    Henry, The game was called of yesterday 2 hours after Charlton rang them to arrange it
  • Options
    See a local Dover website http://www.doverlocals.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4871 for confirmation of date
  • Options
    Lads n Lasses, please don't get ya hopes up re this takeover.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Lads n Lasses, please don't get ya hopes up re this takeover.

why did you peee over my happiness and glimers of hope VM ;-p
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Lads n Lasses, please don't get ya hopes up re this takeover.

why not, what's this hours rumour?
  • Options
    cheers sparrows lane

Que sera sera
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    401 almost 500
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    TAKEOVER COMPLETE

Well, when I say official-thats not strictly true.

Now I know everyone has their insiders/sources etc and many are to be taken with at least a pinch of salt, so I am not going to preach - u can either believe what I have been told or not!

The takeover is actually completed, and there seems to be no real reason for the delayed announcement. Mr Varney is involved and the financial backing is actually from a man with 'serious money' who initially looked at the club with Zaabel (excuse spelling / ignorance but you know who I mean)

So there you have it, thats what i have been told...... lets see if it comes true.

These are the comments from a 606 poster, just thought i'd top up the rumour mill. http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A55178085
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I am curious to know where this person got this from. I will believe it when it happens.
  • Options
    In years to come,when we're lining up against kidderminster,Welling and the like,we'll look back at these thread/ posts and oh! how we will laugh!
  • Options
    Just got to take it with a pinch of salt to be honest if you believed every single of these inside sources you would go mad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]In years to come,when we're lining up against kidderminster,Welling and the like,we'll look back at these thread/ posts and oh! how we will laugh!

As in they will be part of our pre season fixtures before our first season defending the Champions League trophy?! ;-)
  • Options
    Hope its true, can't help but think if it was though why would the club have made fridays statement? And what does looked at the club with zabeel mean? He's part of zabeel
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite] And what does looked at the club with zabeel mean? He's part of zabeel

It was the Sheik's cab driver.

Got a £50m tip by mistake instead of a Rolex.
  • Options
    LOL i'd take that!
  • Options
    ooooooooohhhhhhhh

a request for a friendly an instant retraction...... oooooooooohhhhhhh

come on boys just 10 million to spend would be fantastic..... 100 million would probably see us pushing back in the C C and 1100 Billion qould mean we would definately finish at least 5th in the CC ........

come on new owners reveal yourself.... and if Varney is properly involved... then I will be delighted.......

Alan Curbishley, Alan... Alan Curbishley, Alan.... and we would actually love him this time round.....

Come all.....

All I want is all my dreams to come true, at once is that to much to ask?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An interesting reality check on what's really happenning for the have and have nots.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6736178.ece
  • Options
    ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

I'll believe it when it's on the O/S (Irving, 2009)
  • Options
    No you're all wrong.

The reason the Dover game is cancelled is so they can all go the Supporters Trust meeting - locked on fact!
  • Options
    I have been getting the impression that deal will not go through until the very end of August. I think the fact we have an easy run of games at the start means Parky can get by with a lite squad, then expect surge of permenant and loans on the last day of the window.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: CH4RLTON[/cite]I have been getting the impression that deal will not go through until the very end of August. I think the fact we have an easy run of games at the start means Parky can get by with a lite squad, then expect surge of permenant and loans on the last day of the window.

As easy run of games...Hhmmmnn. That's what I thought the last time we played Wycombe and Yeovil and Walsall...

There'll be no easy games in this league
  • Options
    Charlton at home?
  • Options
    Is that not a risky , albeit cunning plan, CH4RLTON ?

If a Takeover can take anything up to 6 months or even more, how safe are " last day transfer window" deals....? Cutting it much too fine for my liking ( or am I missing the tongue in cheek element here ?)
  • Options
    What Valley McMoist said (i.e what Henry said).
  • Options
    I know this is old news now, but for those who havn`t seen the quote taken from the Dover Athletic OS

CHARLTON CANCELLED
    Only hours after contacting Whites to see if we could accommodate them in our pre-season schedule, Charlton have informed us that 'due to internal issues' they no longer wish to honour the fixture.

Now this surely must mean something significant.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I know this is old news now, but for those who havn`t seen the quote taken from the Dover Athletic OS

CHARLTON CANCELLED
    Only hours after contacting Whites to see if we could accommodate them in our pre-season schedule, Charlton have informed us that 'due to internal issues' they no longer wish to honour the fixture.

Now this surely must mean something significant.

Yup....it means the games off....you can't get more significant than that Shooters.