Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Earlier reports on here of an Irish connection may well be true , seeing as the players are now over there for a couple of matches and peeps are talking about an announcement early next week.....

Don't forget what "blarney " rhymes with ....!

Sarnie? Are we being bought out by kingsmill?
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Earlier reports on here of an Irish connection may well be true , seeing as the players are now over there for a couple of matches and peeps are talking about an announcement early next week.....

Don't forget what "blarney " rhymes with ....!

Sarnie? Are we being bought out by kingsmill?

I've heard it's Hovis, FACT.
  • Titter ye not, lads & lasses.

" Many a true word spoken in jest" as my old Gran used to say ( or was it Frankie Howerd ? Always get those 2 confused )
  • All this talk of sauces and sandwiches, who started all this kitchen stuff?

How do I claim my free beer for the season ?

:)
  • [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Media gearing up for an announcement early next week.I think at last we are almost there. Although I confess I do not know eactly where 'there' is...

nigel for some unkown reason to myself i seem to believe a lot of what you say and what you write..

so here i go i am going to believe you once more your time as a journo has me convinced thankyou i shall crack the aspalls watch the UFC with a happier heart
  • I just can't build myself on this, sorry, after everything last time I'm not going to start believing it till I see Nicky Bailey stay and we have the cash to buy a decent striker for this division
  • edited July 2009
    Touched by your faith, NLA!

You are rght that my sources saying there will be an announcement next week are not club sources but journalistic ones.

It is possible, of course, that the announcement will be that the negotiations have failed to reach a satisfactory conclusion.

But fingers crossed. I do have good reason to believe we are very close to the final act in this protracted saga - but I have to be honest and say I have no more idea than anyone else what is actually written on the final page and whether it ends as a romance, a comedy, a tragedy or a farce !
  • im with u rothko
  • Deal will be fanalised on the pitch at half time of the Ipswich game - fact
    Damn its only fact if fact is written in capitals
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Deal will be fanalised on the pitch at half time of the Ipswich game - fact
    Damn its only fact if fact is written in capitals

Not funny
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Touched by your faith, NLA!

You are rght that my sources saying there will be an announcement next week are not club sources but journalistic ones.

It is possible, of course, that the announcement will be that the negotiations have failed to reach a satisfactory conclusion.

But fingers crossed. I do have good reason to believe we are very close to the final act in this protracted saga - but I have to be honest and say I have no more idea than anyone else what is actually written on the final page and whether it ends as a romance, a comedy, a tragedy or a farce !

Nigel i have faith in what you have said you seem to really know the way of the press and alot of what you say seems to make sense

love in over :-)
  • Nigel w called the Mark Hudson transfer absolutely correctly so I am inclined to give his comments credence on these matters.
  • Nigel W also forecast the break up of The Beatles and was the first reporter to headline 'Elvis Dead!'

So he's never been wrong so far.

(Sorry Nigel.....!)

;o)
  • edited July 2009
    How do you know Elvis is dead, Oggy?

Have you ever actually been to the moon and inspected the Route Master bus he's supposed to be living in?
  • Or the Spitfire ?
  • All I heard was that there was to be an announcement on Monday, not what that announcement was going to be....:o(
  • please we need this now!
  • Hmmmm...having read the Mail online I'm now worried this is all going to go to the dogs again. Am utterly depressed....not just about the article but the fact that I was reading The Mail! Sob, sob, sob.

And I'm stuck at bloody work!

:-(

PLEASE can we have some good news!
  • [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]Hmmmm...having read the Mail online I'm now worried this is all going to go to the dogs again. Am utterly depressed....not just about the article but the fact that I was reading The Mail! Sob, sob, sob.

My dinner is nearly ready.....Will that do ?
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]PLEASE can we have some good news!

We're going to get at least a draw against Wexford tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]Hmmmm...having read the Mail online I'm now worried this is all going to go to the dogs again. Am utterly depressed....not just about the article but the fact that I was reading The Mail! Sob, sob, sob.

My dinner is nearly ready.....Will that do ?

That only helps if you also do take out and can send some round to my office.

;-)
  • BUMP FOR ANY TAKEOVER NEWS OR THOUGHTS OR ANYTHING TAKEOVER RELATED - PUT IT HERE!
  • I'd forgotton about the takeover what with Dailly, McLeod, Jaidi etc etc - anyone know if it's still on or not ?
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I'd forgotton about the takeover what with Dailly, McLeod, Jaidi etc etc - anyone know if it's still on or not ?

Deffo off
  • edited July 2009
    What's your process on that Henry?
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]What's ur process on that Henry?

Devil's Advocate.
  • and why do you say that mt irving
  • lol, tut tut Henry, see what you've done now?
  • edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]What's your process on that Henry?
  • Henry you are now a Mountain according to Mr itsmyball (I think he's of african decent with a name like that)