Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Puncheon

Comments

• Options
    Wasn't there some sort of agreement when we signed Burton i think. That he could not play against his old loan club?
  • Options
    that was spring!
  • Options
    Well, it's winter now!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Well, it's winter now!

oh gawd !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Well, it's winter now!

oh gawd !

Say goodnight to the troops Gracie!
  • Options
    Just a piece that talks a bit about Puncheon and it sounds like the loan deal is as solid as ours was for Bouazza:

MK Dons assistant Karl Robinson confirmed they are working on several targets, but insisted that even if they don't come through, they are happy with the strength of the squad.

"We have some exciting players up our sleeves," he said. "But if they don't come to fruition we're still very much happy with what we've got.
    "We are always looking for players and if we want to take the club on to the next level then we can't relax on what we have got, we need to look for bigger and better things.
    "We are clearly not a Charlton or Southampton or even Huddersfield and so we don't have the financial clout to spend a lot of money. But what we do is work extremely hard to get the best team for this club to take it forward."
    While it seems there may be some players coming into the club, there has been speculation that star man Jason Puncheon could be on his way out of stadium:mk.
    His agent has confirmed Dutch club FC Twente, managed by former England manager Steve McLaren, are interested in the man on-loan from Plymouth.
    Robinson has countered this by saying Puncheon is the happiest he has ever been in his career at the moment, but admitted he wouldn't be surprised people are casting an admiring eye over him.
    "As far as we see it Puncheon is here until the end of the season but we're not naïve and know big clubs have come to watch him," he said.
    "He is very talented and people don't realise the work that went into him coming here in the summer.
    "He has a great relationship with the manager and the chairman and he is only playing well because of the support system he has got here."
  • Options
    Southampton will nick him now I've read that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Southampton will nick him now I've read that
    Be quite funny if Pardew makes the same mistake as he did here 2 years ago and signs too many players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Southampton will nick him now I've read that
    Be quite funny if Pardew makes the same mistake as he did here 2 years ago and signs too many players.

Looks like he's well on his way to that one already. He done at West Ham as well as us. They seem to have bids in for every half decent player in league one and the championship. He's a good impact manager - nothing more than that. They'll do well this year and collapse next season.
  • Options
    I note with interest that Andros Townsen has now signed on loan with MK Dons till the end of the season.

Apologies as I haven't read all of this thread, is Puncheon back at Plymouth?.

I assume he is the player we might be able to sign....as mentioned today by Parky. Hopefully it was dependent on MK Dons getting townsend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Little rumour in Plymouth that Puncheon has been sold for £250k but doesn't say who too. Could be nonsense.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Little rumour in Plymouth that Puncheon has been sold for £250k but doesn't say who too. Could be nonsense.

If true thats bad news for us I fear.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Little rumour in Plymouth that Puncheon has been sold for £250k but doesn't say who too. Could be nonsense.

Thats what i was thinking, so lets hope its rubbish.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]

Thats what i was thinking, so lets hope its rubbish.

I be live 'ere down in Oggyland, the first I be 'eard of it to.

Just checked out the sports pages in the Plymouth evening rag,"The Evening Harold" ....... strange, nuffink there either. They're usually first to know:

Linky winky: The Evening Harold
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Looks like Argyle have fixed up a gig for their Jock striker, Jim McLean (who scored for fun at Cardiff a couple of seasons ago).Championship club, they reckon.

He was having trials at Hearts with our mate Dizzy Izzy a week or so ago.
  • Options
    Oggy, keep an ear to the ground and if anything happens send up some smoke signals!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Oggy, keep an ear to the ground and if anything happens send up some smoke signals!

I could do, Mart ...... the winds blowing a blustery South westerly here.

At that rate, news should reach SE7 and NW Kent from here by morning .....!
  • Options
    I shall awake your news then ;0)
  • Options
    Puncheon starting for MK franchise today.
  • Options
    Apparently we've given Nathan Porritt a trial (as have Newcastle), a young left winger released by Middlesbrough (though that's not even been confirmed).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    According to The Mirror in the week he was signing for MK Dons ?? ! Great if wer got him !!
  • Options
    Just scored for MK Dons.
  • Options
    Master minded their 5-0 away win
  • Options
    its shows that parky was trying to sign him in the summer.. shame the money didnt come in and he gone to another club i really do trust parky now
  • Options
    I'm given to understand that we're still interested in Puncheon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I'm given to understand that we're still interested in Puncheon.

does this come from a good source (Ginger) or a rumour
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I'm given to understand that we're still interested in Puncheon.

does this come from a good source (Ginger) or a rumour

From a very different source Swis and yes it's very pucka, though nothing more than what I've already said.It doesn't mean to say that 'A' the club will make an announcement or 'B' (and more importantly) that at the end of the day we'll succeed in getting him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Apparently we've given Nathan Porritt a trial (as have Newcastle), a young left winger released by Middlesbrough (though that's not even been confirmed).

If memory serves me right, he was the guy Arnesen was caught trying to tap up for Chelsea on the bungs Panorama. Obviously hasn't fulfilled his potential in the way it was anticipated.
  • Options
    Porritt was defintely very very hyped at one point, in the same crop as Adam Johnson
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Porritt was defintely very very hyped at one point, in the same crop as Adam Johnson

I knew I'd heard the name before - was certainly well regarded. Would be a very "Curbs" type of signing - someone with a point to prove