Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Official Ashes 2009 thread

Comments

• what's the maximum number of magners bottles i can take in tomorrow? i took 4 cans on my last visit but the ticket says only 2.

she can bring a bottle of white so 2 sounds a bit harsh.
  • JUST GOT THE TICKETS IN MY HAND !!!!!!!

"No more than 2 Pints of beer OR 75cl of wine" Les.

Adam, will be with you about 2/2:30 mate.
    P.
  • cheers Paul!!
  • By the way,
    Edrich Stand (upper), near the "Full Toss Bar".
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]JUST GOT THE TICKETS IN MY HAND !!!!!!!

"No more than 2 Pints of beer OR 75cl of wine" Les.

Adam, will be with you about 2/2:30 mate.
    P.

boo, i'll have to hide the other 2 under a few pork pies.
  • FPO curbs???
  • Les - Its two, however Ive done it before carry your two in a bag so they see them and usually I have managed to hide another couple in shorts/jeans pockets
  • [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]Les - Its two, however Ive done it before carry your two in a bag so they see them and usually I have managed to hide another couple in shorts/jeans pockets

yeah, i'll give that a go, mate. you get anything for lords?
  • Havent got anything yet for Lords gonna head up Friday see whats about. Might try and get in on Sunday
  • FPO = wife.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't the Aussies have an exceptional record at Lords in Ashes games? Fully expect us to get beaten by the fourth day.

Just waiting for the Rose Tinted brigade to come on now & tell me different :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Don't the Aussies have an exceptional record at Lords in Ashes games? Fully expect us to get beaten by the fourth day.

Exceptional is not the word for it - I believe we've beaten them once there. Yes that's once...
  • FPO=wife= ??
  • FPO stands for fun prevention officer. The aussies have not lost at lords since 1934.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Don't the Aussies have an exceptional record at Lords in Ashes games? Fully expect us to get beaten by the fourth day.

I don't think we've beaten them at Lords since 1934 :-(
  • anyone else going tomorrow.........?
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]anyone else going tomorrow.........?

YES ME.....EVIDENTLY!!
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]anyone else going tomorrow.........?

YES ME.....EVIDENTLY!!

Lucky Git............
    ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]anyone else going tomorrow.........?

YES ME.....EVIDENTLY!!

Lucky Git............
    ;-)

I owe you lunch tomorrow.
  • You owe me nowt Lad.
    Ok, maybe a beer or 6.........
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Don't the Aussies have an exceptional record at Lords in Ashes games? Fully expect us to get beaten by the fourth day.

Just waiting for the Rose Tinted brigade to come on now & tell me different :-)[/quote]

I don't think we've beaten them at Lords since 1934 :-([/quote]

That match featured a great spell of bowling by Hedley Verity. He took around 14 wickets in the match, most of them on one day and the Aussies lost by an innings.
  • Got a few quid on the draw. Weather forecast not looking good for friday, saturday and sunday.
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Got a few quid on the draw. Weather forecast not looking good for friday, saturday and sunday.

Didn't they say that last week ?

And how come the "world will be in meltdown in 100 years", yet they can't even get tomorrows forecast right !
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Got a few quid on the draw. Weather forecast not looking good for friday, saturday and sunday.

same here 11-10 i took , tomorrow looks like a full days play not a lot on friday (if any) and on- off for the remaining 3 days...
  • C'mon England...............

"Are we there yet ??".
  • Strauss won the toss, England are batting. Onions in for Monty.
  • Come on the rain !!!!
    I have got 3-0 series win to the Aussies and think they will win all the tests that go the distance.
  • Looks a bit of a slow pitch...

Strauss winning the toss could be important if he exploits the conditions and he is batting on his home ground so should be used to the pace of the wicket. I don't know of the Aussie bowlers who has bowled at Lords before, the slope can be a factor until you get used to it.
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Come on the rain !!!!
    I have got 3-0 series win to the Aussies and think they will win all the tests that go the distance.

Traitor! ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I don't know of the Aussie bowlers who has bowled at Lords before, the slope can be a factor until you get used to it.
    Not sure of the accuracy but I am sure I read somewhere this morning that only 3 of the aussie team have played at Lords before.