Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Official Ashes 2009 thread

Comments

• Well, 50-0 after 13 overs and thats now a new 1st wicket record partnership for England against Australia at Lords.
  • An hour gone (15ovs), 57-0.
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I don't know of the Aussie bowlers who has bowled at Lords before, the slope can be a factor until you get used to it.
    Not sure of the accuracy but I am sure I read somewhere this morning that only 3 of the aussie team have played at Lords before.

Ponting twice, Hussey & Clarke once. So none of the Aussie bowlers have played at Lord's before.
  • 80-0

Draw all over this one. Batting track and plenty of rain interuptions forecast after today
  • Cook gets to 50 in 73 balls, 84-0.
  • edited July 2009
    i always feel like england are on the verge of losing a wicket or 4. i save my rose-tinted glasses for Charlton you see.

Anyone think Strauss or Cook will build on good starts this time and make a century?
  • Can I suggest noone thinks past lunch, tempting fate and all that stuff.

99-0, Cook 50no, Strauss 38no... the Oz attack has looked totally toothless this morning...
  • Great start but we have seen it so many times before, come on boys hold on to your wickets for a change. As for those traitors backing the aussies they should be put on the next convict ship along with the government.
  • edited July 2009
    3/4 through a bottle of wine to meself, fry up in a previous bosses flat in edgware, (wagamama boss!) 117 for 0 and lots of pics of ponting and siddle looking pissed off! Awesome! Oh and no work tmrw so bring on the pimms at lunch!
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]3/4 through a bottle of wine to meself, fry up in a previous bosses flat in edgewhere, 117 for 0 and lots of pics of ponting and siddle looking pissed off! Awesome! Oh and no work tmrw so bring on the pimms at lunch!
    Should you really be doing that seeing you're pregnant?! ;-)
  • The flurry of posts when England do well is ....well not surprising...see if your all posting when the aussies go in to bat ?
  • Sponsored links:

• 126/0 excellent stuff, and tiresome stuff from Kets
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The flurry of posts when England do well is ....well not surprising...see if your all posting when the aussies go in to bat ?

The same as when the England rugby team isn't winning : - )
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The flurry of posts when England do well is ....well not surprising...see if your all posting when the aussies go in to bat ?
    Where were you when you got called out about our battling hold out for a draw.

Come on - lets be avin you!
  • Excellent stuff, only spoilt by a text from my brother saying he is there entertaining clients. If only I had tried harder at school, sigh!
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The flurry of posts when England do well is ....well not surprising...see if your all posting when the aussies go in to bat ?

[cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The flurry of posts when England do well is ....well not surprising...see if your all posting when the aussies go in to bat ?

Sorry West Side are you referring to the cheating bit we did at the end ?
  • Cheating scmeating! Ponting whiney weasel!

Haha glenn regretting that post but seriously it wouldn't be baby hillcock would it!
  • Something very warped about an Englishman (maybe I am being presumptuous here?) wanting England to fail in sports! Picked on at school?
  • 69 balls survived, cheating indeed!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Something very warped about an Englishman (maybe I am being presumptuous here?) wanting England to fail in sports! Picked on at school?

It's an old joke Steve, I hate Cricket, no-one ever critisizes them on here apart from me just trying to bring balance to all England Cricket threads that's all.
  • I hate hockey,netball,showjunping etc but would still want England to win if they were in a tournament.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry kets, thought you were a serial whinger, understandable not liking a particular sport, I have a personal dislike for tennis and horse racing, though I don't consider that a sport.
  • 151-0...

Hifenhaus has bowled a tighter line after lunch but Cookie is starting to go after him again now. Will be interesting to see how Johnson copes when he comes back on...and the spinner is just going of injured after trying to take a return catch...oh dear oh dear ;-)
  • Can't see Hauritz bowling again in this innings
  • That looked painful....
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I don't know of the Aussie bowlers who has bowled at Lords before, the slope can be a factor until you get used to it.[/quote]
    Not sure of the accuracy but I am sure I read somewhere this morning that only 3 of the aussie team have played at Lords before.[/quote]

[quote][cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite]An hour gone (15ovs), 57-0.

[quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I don't know of the Aussie bowlers who has bowled at Lords before, the slope can be a factor until you get used to it.[/quote]
    Not sure of the accuracy but I am sure I read somewhere this morning that only 3 of the aussie team have played at Lords before.[/quote]

Ponting twice, Hussey & Clarke once. So none of the Aussie bowlers have played at Lord's before.[/quote]

Presumably that's just in Tests, Hughes has played there for Middlesex.
  • edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]That looked painful....
    He should lay off picking his nose for a while. He'll end up poking his eye out.
  • edited July 2009
    Very true BFR. You'd presume Katich and possibly North would've played at Lord's at county level also.

177-0, 43.4ovs. Aussies having a 'mare in the field, West Indies-eqsue.
  • 183-0, Johnson back on and gone for 4 first ball...and nearly second ball too...

Thats 30 boundaries today already, never have I seen an Australian attack look so toothless. It's hard to believe the same attack took 19 wickets down at Cardiff.
  • A very good toss to win by Strauss though. There is nothing in this wicket for the bowlers and if Hauritz is ko'd (news is he hasn't broken a finger, but I don't know if he'llbowl again) then England could and should set a very big first innings total.

Hopefully they can bat like Australia did at Cardiff, bat for two days or so and grind out a big total.
  • Cook LBW to Johnson for 95...