Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Official Ashes 2009 thread

Comments

• We'll be all out for 250 now!
  • " My fancy is a drawn series. Our attack is better than theirs but, on the other hand, our batting is inferior which rather leads me to conclude that both teams will struggle to bowl each other out.

I've had a bit at 120 on Betfair on 0-0 (really from a trading perspective should the first couple of Tests be drawn) with 1-1 (at 15) the main bet and a saver at 10 on 2-2."

0-0 currently trading at 16 on Betfair. With these two bowling attacks even that looks a bit big!
  • Ricky Ponting squealed like a stuck pig when England used a substitue fielder (Gary Pratt) for Simon Jones, when the bowler was hospitalised in the fourth Test in '05.

On that basis, can we assume that Australia will decline the use of a sub, now that Hauritz has gone to hospital?
  • Bopara LBW to Hilfenhaus
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]We'll be all out for 250 now![/quote]

With England, anything is possible lol
  • Here comes the collapse!
  • 255-2 at tea. 62ovs.
  • KP gone...caught behind by Haddin
  • 267-3 Pieterson c behind off Siddle 32
  • Hopefully not the start of an England collapse!
  • Sponsored links:

• A couple more wickets before the close and a day that looked like it was going to be dominated by us, will have been evened right up.
  • 302-4. Collingwood out for 16. Caught at mid-on off Clarke.. we'd be in a bit of trouble if it weren't for the opening partnership.
  • England need to make 500+ as the Aussies could easy make a similar or bigger score but it'll be harder if England have a decent score on the board.

Damn, Prior out 317-5 - now real problems.
  • 317-5. Prior out for 8. Bowled by Johnson.

New ball due in 3 balls, not looking good now.
  • Well Freddie has the capability of staying there for a while...

(will I regret saying that?)
  • 333-6. Flintoff gone for 4. Caught at slip off Hilfenhaus.. oh dear. I think you might very well regret saying that WSS. :)
  • edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Well Freddie has the capability of staying there for a while...

(will I regret saying that?)
    Yes.

333-6
  • Lol - he should retire.
  • Pietersen 32, Collingwood 16, Prior 8, Flintoff 4. By my reckoning:

Broad, 2
    Swann, 1
    Anderson, 0.5
    Onions, 0.25.
  • Sponsored links:

• It was going perfectly up until about 3pm now we've thrown all the good work away.
  • Australia's day now. How we can go from winning that first session and a half so comprehensively - then even more comprehensivley losing the last session and a half is absolutely beyond me. Ridiculous batting from Collingwood in particular - from the sublime (last Sunday) to the ridiculous (today)
  • 364-6 at the close of play
  • Captain leading by example then...just a shame most of the others couldn't follow!

Strauss wasn't happy with Collingwood from what they were saying on the radio with him throwing the wicket away.
  • It's the opposite from the 1st innings in Cardiff where the openers misfired and the middle order gained us a decent enough score. This time it's the openers who've scored big and the middle order has gone cheaply. The first 196 runs for zero wickets then the next 168 for 6. It's been a good day but could have been a whole lot better...that's the same as Cardiff!!!
  • Oh well pimms was good!
  • Just about to head off with me old man, thanks to mog again!! Not much sleep last night, it will rain at some point but not as bad as predicted yesterday, bit nippy tho.. will update live from the ground.... get me ;-)
  • The sun is out!! Beefy out on the pitch loads of cameras with him, the mcc members are like somthing from a victorian costume drama you can almost smell there upper class smugness from over here, saw a few go in this morning who could hardly walk was like the living dead!! Still 20 mins to go no beer till midday I said so just gona have a quick walk about before trip to the karsee then settle down for first session.
  • Bugger straus bowled by hilfenhouse
  • That took long.