Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Official Ashes 2009 thread

Comments

• Sun is out ozzys batting well on about pint 6 or 7 now feeling good not mullerd yet just herd we've got an extra hour tonight so should be some singing by 6ish hopefully no sign of barmy army yet no trumpet bit quiet expect for wickets and fours.. battery getting low on phone and lost signal during last downpour so updates later this arvo ponting is a flaming galah as alf would say.
  • Blimey, Ad, you heard about Charlton..............

heh heh !!
  • Not much talent in this stand mog have word with the folks at sky for next time...
  • What a catch that was! Katich out, 103-3 b Onions c Broad
  • 111-4 Hussey b Flintoff 51
  • 111-4 Hussey out bowled by Freddie
  • Do Aussie have a thing about 111 or just England?
  • 111-5 Clarke c Cook B Anderson 1
  • Oh, well they do now : - )
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Do Aussie have a thing about 111 or just England?

Looks like they do :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Clark out, get in there 111-5
  • Easy easy easy...... I'm personal 9 for 6 now, 9 pints 6 smokes there a bit stuffy up her just starting to get a bit of atmos now, old bloke next to us said could be playing till nearly 8pm light permitiing!!
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Easy easy easy...... I'm personal 9 for 6 now, 9 pints 6 smokes there a bit stuffy up her just starting to get a bit of atmos now, old bloke next to us said could be playing till nearly 8pm light permitiing!!

Close of play is 7.10 or 7.40 latest if they haven't bowled the alloted overs in the said time.
  • Super Nelsons!

I hope we can pick up a couple more wickets before the close of play...

Adam must be having a great time!
  • edited July 2009
    139-6 North B Anderson 0
  • Anderson again

North played on

286 behind..........
  • The "fish lens" camera shot between overs is basically where Adam is sitting:
    Lovely view next to the "Media Centre".
    Bar & toilets within staggering distance........
  • edited July 2009
    148-7 Johnson C Cooke B Broad
  • 148-7. Come on!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Do Aussie have a thing about 111 or just England?[/quote]

Their bogey number is 87, I've no idea why...

But Nelson and all it's variants is pretty universal in cricket.

In this Test there have now been wickets to fall on 111, 222 and 333.
  • Sponsored links:

• Australia still need 76 to avoid the follow on...
  • edited July 2009
    152-8 Haddin c Cook B Broad 28
  • Broader just got Haddin!! Great stuff.
  • YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
  • 73 to save the follow on or two wickets...
  • Few empty seats around now.. feeling the fosters force now.... streak.....
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]73 to save the follow on or two wickets...[/quote]

Bad light stopped play?

Have to wait till tomorrow to enforce the follow on (hopefully)
  • What's sky saying is it over? At the bar waiting for news.
  • Mum said she saw me when I was wearing me n power hat.... amazing what u will wear when its free.. still no word reckon its over for today.
  • That's stumps....

Today has completely belonged to England - and especially Jimmy Anderson. I didn't think I'd be writing that after the first three overs this morning.