Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Official Ashes 2009 thread

Comments

• I like your idea, BFR.

I'm a bit nervous that if we don't get those few extra runs to make sure, we might regret it!

It would also be a nice send off for Freddie...
  • i think it was a very wise choice for us to bat. it just would have been an ego trip to make the aussies go back out and not really sensible to do so.
  • Despite what Valley Floyd Red said the forecast is pretty decent for tomorrow and Monday. We definitely did the right thing batting again and should be able to bowl them out in 2 days.We may even bat on for an hour in the morning as it's more than possible to get 522 in 180 overs. But say 580 off 165 overs is much harder.
  • [cite]Posted By: Super_horns[/cite]Declare tomorrow first thing and we have 2 days to bowl the Aussies out (depending on weather)
    Or 2 days for the aussies to get 522, a feat not beyond them.....
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Super_horns[/cite]Declare tomorrow first thing and we have 2 days to bowl the Aussies out (depending on weather)[/quote]Or 2 days for the aussies to get 522, a feat not beyond them.....[/quote]

True...guess it really depends which sort of our bowling attack turn up!
  • Despite what Valley Floyd Red said the forecast is pretty decent for tomorrow and Monday. We definitely did the right thing batting again and should be able to bowl them out in 2 days.We may even bat on for an hour in the morning as it's more than possible to get 522 in 180 overs. But say 580 off 165 overs is much harder.
    We've had bad weather throughout the tests so far, the problem tomorrow is that it will be showery and windy. Difficult conditions to bowl in. The Aussies are well capable of getting 500 odd runs in two days as they have already proved in Wales.
  • 15 minute delayed start:
    England declared on 311-6.

Convicts need 522 to win.

*An aside*
    What made me laugh more than anything on Thursday was a Marston's Pedigree advert:

England has History......Australia has Previous....
  • 17-1

Katich C.Peterson B.Freddie 6.
  • C'mon!

Get that prick Ponting out
  • You should here the aussie whiners over here right now!! They are not a gracious bunch!
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry, i should explain I live in OZ...
  • Strauss=
    Cheating Middlesex bastard.

hahahahahahahahaha
  • gottim!!! Hughes gone for 17. oz whiners 34/2. Maybe a Bit fortunate in replay... could of gone either way.
  • Squinty would of appealed with venom if the roles where reversed....
  • Ponting taking a bit of a battering and well you need luck to help win sometimes.
  • Cracking start to the day.
  • Freddie's on fire!
  • Gotta say I'm enjoying this sooooooooo much. I've lived over here for 16 years, and the shit I've recieved from my lesser aussie mates has been unrelenting! Great fun!
  • is it me or has freddie got a noticeable limp?
  • Yep, Beefy & Gower just said there is 9 days between Tests which should help him........
  • Sponsored links:

• He'd never quit seeing as it's his last hooray. saying that the 12th man has come out for him...
  • Mr Miserableold-ish may I ask if its on sky channel over there?
  • Yes Sky Sports 1
  • WOO Ponting out!
  • GOT HIM !!

Ponting B.Broad 38

78-3
  • squinty gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • He was my only worry in posting a good score.
  • I have to say I was expecting Ponting to bat all day and score another ton.
  • It's so good to see our attack being consistant with line and lenth. Glen MGrath was always applying this same pressure with nearly every ball. Great bowling from the boys.
  • I was afraid of that to C.E.