Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Official Ashes 2009 thread

Comments

• I've got some great pics of siddle and ponting when they make mistakes like that. Every replay the cheer is hilarious!
  • Bopara just dropped by Ponting in the slips (a Dolly). LOL
  • edited July 2009
    Jesus, how out of nick is KP? Almost dragged on there - and everything he's doing is either too tentative or waaaaay too aggressive. No flow to his batting at all. Hopefully that extra life Bopara just got off Ian Hislop will be the catalyst for a big score. Love watching Punter make a ricket - hate that twat with a passion.

Got to say good work by Peter Siddle. I've seen him bowl in a sum total of three & a half innings and I already hate the prick!
  • I think KP's problem here is mental rather than anything to do with being in or out of form.

Unfortunately RavBop is at the other end rather than someone like Strauss or Collingwood who could exert a bit of a calming influence on him. You can be sure that the Aussie slip cordon/keeper and bowlers are winding up KP here and trying to get him to self-combust.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I think KP's problem here is mental rather than anything to do with being in or out of form.

Unfortunately RavBop is at the other end rather than someone like Strauss or Collingwood who could exert a bit of a calming influence on him. You can be sure that the Aussie slip cordon/keeper and bowlers are winding up KP here and trying to get him to self-combust.
    Yeah - good shout. Have a butchers at Haddin - jawing at KP every time he's facing
  • edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Jesus, how out of nick is KP? Almost dragged on there - and everything he's doing is either too tentative or waaaaay too aggressive. No flow to his batting at all. Hopefully that extra life Bopara just got off Ian Hislop will be the catalyst for a big score. Love watching Punter make a ricket - hate that twat with a passion.

Got to say good work by Peter Siddle. I've seen him bowl in a sum total of three & a half innings and I already hate the prick!

I hated Siddle before I saw him bowl. Just his face, the sun block on his lips and that necklace did it for me.

NB Hauritz = Stephen Hendry FACT.
  • A mate of ours is sat near Curbishley
  • 130-2 Tea.

340 lead.
  • RS Bopara c Katich b Hauritz 27

147/3, a lead of 357.
  • Bollocks. The closer the convicts get to a deficit of less than 500 the more they'll fancy it with nearly two days left and a flat pitch
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]A mate of ours is sat near Curbishley

Get him to ask Curbs when does he think he'll be back in charge at the Valley!
  • Another muppet dismissal. KP is so out of nick its not true. I bet they skittle us now before we get a lead of 450
  • A lead of 384...

We should have enforced the follow on.
  • Nah - still think we were right to bat again. The batsmen they've got can score very, very quickly. Would have been a psychological nightmare to have put them back in and have them at 400-3 at stumps. Thing is, it was always going to be tricky to decide whether to be circumspect in the batting and not really go for it and run the risk of only being 420-odd in front, or really go for it and run the risk of giving wickets away. England have done OK - but still given daft wickets away.

Definitely - DEFINITELY - need a lead of 500 here - because the pitch is awesome for batting on and looks like staying that way.
  • edited July 2009
    Forcing the follow on would have been a huge morale booster for England and an even greater demoralisation for the Aussies...

Runs have become immaterial now, getting the Aussies out is the only thing that matters and that's what we should be doing now....

All we need is some shiite weather and the Aussies can escape just like we did in the first test...

Bad call by Strauss...
  • 236-4

lead of 446.
  • Still 20 overs left tonight, at this rate of scoring we'll have a lead of over 500 at stumps.
  • 20 overs to go. Been listening to it all day although I've only enjoyed it after tea. Good work from Prior.
  • The weather is going to be pretty dreadful tomorrow.
  • that's a shame.
  • Sponsored links:

• Quality fielding there
  • Freddies in !

Prior Run Out

260-5.

470 lead.
  • Ah now this is more like it!
  • 500 lead and 13 overs left.

I wonder if we'll see a declaration tonight and Australia given an uncomfortable half hour?
  • Light is rubbish, the Aussies would take it the second they walked out
  • I reckon we should carry on batting.
  • Yep, all being well and if the weather holds up and there is no sudden collapse I'd declare after an hour or so tomorrow morning. Say another 20 overs and give Flintoff the chance of a 50 in his last Lords Test, or maybe a ton.
  • Collingwood goes...

311/6, a lead of 521 and rain stops play.
  • And that is close of play...
  • Declare tomorrow first thing and we have 2 days to bowl the Aussies out (depending on weather)