Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Official Ashes 2009 thread

Comments

• Superb.

My brother's out in Sydney too, Christian. I have told him to make the most of it - I bet there are some Aussies with a proper sulk on right now!
  • I havent had much to crow about over the years big! Iv'e lost many a carton of beer! The aussie's are a good sporting nation, they pride themselves on it, and they hate losing, but in defeat they have no class or decorum. They will blame anything bar there performance. The other side always cheat etc. Quite sad.... And alot of fun rubbing there nose in it!
  • Another dangerman gone! Micheal Hussey(Mr cricket as he is known here) out for 27. 120/4!
  • Get clarke and there finished!
  • A couple of bad decisions in there....

But what goes around, comes around. The key is consistent bowling, length and line stuff and England are bowling to an attacking field very well.
  • its the rub of the green isn't it bfr. Some you get , some you dont.
  • The received wisdom in cricket is that the bad decisions that go in your favour balance out the bad decisions that go against you. All the same I'm predicting an Aussie whine-fest when this match is over.
  • if any1 hasnt been enable to watch the cricket here is a link for youu to watch it

http://hqsportz.net/chan1.html

let me know if it works for you
  • GET OUT! WOO
  • I just love seeing the pictures of that squinty git sitting on the balcony with a face like a smacked arse!
  • Sponsored links:

• Enjoying listening to Test Match Special while working.
  • its good cricket.
  • Bit worried by this 6th wicket partnership as they seem pretty settle.
  • The new ball is due in ten overs...
  • Botham, et all, complaining about lack of atmosphere..........
    Poxy Lords won't allow "musical instruments" or the Barmy Army..........
  • So we're winning in an Ashes Test at Lords for the first time since before WWII and Botham is complaining about something...
  • Anyone shitting it yet...?
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]So we're winning in an Ashes Test at Lords for the first time since before WWII and Botham is complaining about something...

Looks to me like we're well on the way to losing....
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]So we're winning in an Ashes Test at Lords for the first time since before WWII and Botham is complaining about something...

Looks to me like we're well on the way to losing....

And one ball away from breaking this partnership.

Nicely in the balance I would say (but only cos that's what the people on TMS said)
  • England still enormous favourites to win. Convicts still need another 200-odd to win, with only these two left who can reasonably be called 'batsmen'. Not saying its a done deal - it certainly isn't. However, I wouldn't be getting nervous yet. If they get to within 100 without losing another wicket THEN I'll be bricking it. Still would have batted to get to a lead of about 580 this morning myself, but captaincy is all about making tough decisions.
  • Sponsored links:

• New ball in 6 overs, so got to hope the weather is like it was this morning, get Haddin out and leave Clarke standing
  • Just fear that current partership will blast through the overs with high run rate. Been trying to follow this on very bad internet TV. Hopefully the attack will be rested and start tomorrow like they did today. Early wickets or England are in trouble.
  • edited July 2009
    I have tickets for today. Going with my two lads, my Dad and my brother. Could be a historic day. My Dad is 75 this year and we haven't beaten the old enemy at Lords in his lifetime
    Bought the tickets through the ballot, they never usually offer 5th Day. At £25 and £10 for adult and kids respectively, and with a full refund if the game didn't reach five days, the offer was a no brainer.
  • edited July 2009
    Enjoy chirpy. I wish I could be there. I feel it will be an amazing day, with a win at the end for us!
  • 50 minutes........

Starting to get excited & nervous in equal measures........
  • 30 mins..........
  • Was there yesterday , quality day out .
  • Need a couple of wickets by lunch, otherwise it's over
  • Need a wicket quickly.
  • We don't need anything to heighten the anxiety, but here's something that will make a few of us get the jitters: Flintoff didn't bowl in the warm-up.