Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Breack-ing news

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=34496

Comments

• Options
    Now Parky is DEFINATELY manager for the rest of the season at least.
  • Options
    And of course it means the takeover is off...
  • Options
    "Last year Phil Chapple was involved more than he wanted to be on matchdays and on the training pitch. He's a chief scout, so he's gone back to revamping the scouting side of the club, which needs to be done. There's a big job ahead for Chappy, so Tim is really coming in to replace Phil.”

Big as in actually having some money to buy players or big as in the difficult job of convincing players to come to us on a freebie ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]And of course it means the takeover is off...

Course it does.

2+2=?
  • Options
    I honestly dont know what to think at the moment, i have lost all patience with the club!
  • Options

*sniggers*
  • Options
    Glad Kinsella signed up, nice one Mark, at least we know we will get 100% effort and commitment from him at least.
  • Options
    Who knows it does appear the takeover is off anyway. However if Tim Breacker coaches like he played I'll be pretty happy. Energetic, tough and with a good right foot on him just a shame he's not playing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]I honestly dont know what to think at the moment, i have lost all patience with the club!

God above. They dont do something everyone moans and now they do something, cue moaning.
  • Options
    Moany, Moany Old Farts, Moany, Moany Old Farts.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    feck a bleeding duck !! Takeover must be off surely. Why would you take on an assistant and give Kins a new contract if next week they could be out on their ear. Feck.
  • Options
    interesting that they found some cash to pay him..
  • Options
    About effing times that the Kins situation was sorted out. He was not treated at all well.
  • Options
    wot the fuck is going on this must mean parky is staying or someone else is coming in and having breaker as his no 2 .
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]

Course it does.

2+2=?
    Twas a joke Mr. Bruno! But considering some of the replies I was spot on with what I thought some people may say! I don;t know what people expect to be honest? Do they expect the club to just stop functioning in all capacities until something may or may not happen.

Chill out people.
  • Options
    Breacker was highly regarded at Argyle assisting Ian Holloway, then followed him to Leicester and stayed on to guide the Foxes to relegation once Ollie was sacked.

But to be fair, Leicester was in freefall (Charlton stylee) long before Ollie and Breacker joined.

He might just be the breath of fresh air that's needed, proof of the pudding and all that .....
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]feck a bleeding duck !! Takeover must be off surely. Why would you take on an assistant and give Kins a new contract if next week they could be out on their ear. Feck.
    Maybe the new owners want to keep the existing management structure?
  • Options
    FACT:

Tricky once partook in a training session run by Tim Breacker in order to help him get one of his coaching badges.

ANOTHER FACT:

It was one of the dullest training sessions Tricky has ever been involved in.

THIRD FACT:

People that speak in third person are buffoons.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Who knows it does appear the takeover is off anyway. However if Tim Breacker coaches like he played I'll be pretty happy. Energetic, tough and with a good right foot on him just a shame he's not playing.

Why would it mean its off?

It may well be that money has now been freed up and we can appoint an assistant manager and offer Kins a new contract, no doubt Breacker is on a good whack(ish)maybe something has happened in the background to allow this to happen?
  • Options
    I'm sorry, yes i am moaning...i have been sat reading the threads on charltonlife the whole summer and i have kept it quiet as i am not one who enjoys having a moan. But it has just become to much now and i am genuinely starting to panic. For the first class action of our fans (over 9000 ST sales), our treatment by the club has been absolutely apalling!

Dont get me wrong though, back on topic, this could potentially be a very good move!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some signs of permanence, keeping Kins, hiring a new body.

Just need Jardi and Dailly to come good at the back and we are sorted : - )

[cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]I honestly dont know what to think at the moment, i have lost all patience with the club!

God above. They dont do something everyone moans and now they do something, cue moaning.

If some people won £7m on the lottery they would moan cos it wasn't a roll over week
  • Options
    How has this appeared on the OS?

Surely the media staff were included in the meeting this afternoon?

Maybe it was a little party for Tim
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tricky[/cite]FACT:

Tricky once partook in a training session run by Tim Breacker in order to help him get one of his coaching badges.

ANOTHER FACT:

It was one of the dullest training sessions Tricky has ever been involved in.

THIRD FACT:

People that speak in third person are buffoons.

LOL as long as you don't start talking northern
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Who knows it does appear the takeover is off anyway. However if Tim Breacker coaches like he played I'll be pretty happy. Energetic, tough and with a good right foot on him just a shame he's not playing.

Why would it mean its off?

It may well be that money has now been freed up and we can appoint an assistant manager and offer Kins a new contract, no doubt Breacker is on a good whack(ish)maybe something has happened in the background to allow this to happen?

That's how is see it. I see new deals meaning that cash has been released from somewhere and surely this has to be a positive sign not a negative one.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The way it reads it Big Phil Chappel didn't want the (his) job, freeing up a position. However signing Kins and a new Assistant Manager shows ambition I would say and not at the actions of a club about to go tits up, or even one that is economising.
  • Options
    And yes, it WAS ON THE OS FIRST!

No leaks, no one else even had a hint about Breaker or Kins signing so well done the OS.

Let that be a lesson to you all that it's true when it's on the OS. The rest is only gossip : - )
  • Options
    breaker might be a good addition to cafc but us the fans want to hear wots going on its getting very frustrating guess i can speak for all cafc fans.
  • Options
    Has anyone listened to the audio interview??? The lesson must be not to leave a recorder by the phone! lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]And yes, it[span]WAS ON THE OS FIRST![/span]

No leaks, no one else even had a hint about Breaker or Kins signing so well done the OS.

Let that be a lesson to you all that it's true when it's on the OS. The rest is only gossip : - )

It's just a shame the sodding thing doesn't work - I can't get beyond that annoying front page.
  • Options
    Agreed Boogica, i can understand fellow lifers have gone beyond tired of listening to the moaning by others despite positive action made by the club. I was just expressing my own personal opinion which id like to think i am entitled to and like Boogica said relate to other peoples personal feelings!
    We are all in for the same cause afterall!