Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Breack-ing news

Comments

• Options
    "Why wait so long to appoint Tim bloody Breacker for christs sake,a man that Parky has apparently been courting all summer.Maybe the takeover has happened, maybe it hasn't ,but SOMETHING has finally forced this decision and with a signing like Breacker i'm guessing it's not too positive"

My guess is that time has forced the decision. The board were hoping that the takeover would have happened already, but it is still ongoing (not announced that it has collapsed) so they have had to
    act before the season starts. I would now expect some free signings to fill in the gaps in our squad and probably one or two sales to keep the club going financially.
  • Options
    Sorry Ogg.You're right of course.Decisions being made and things moving forward is obviously a positive step.I meant in a takeover positive kind of way
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]frank you saw last seasons hellish run so tonight will be a walk in the park for you ...
    remember it's the beginning of a new era and the takeover could be announced tonight and you deserve to be there frank!
    or maybe not ;-(

Il do the same next season because i'm a f***ing idiot who likes to indulge in the most depraved form of self abuse which is the recent Charlton Athletic. After the last few seasons, the only silver lining was this proposed takeover that keeps cropping up, I have just been waiting patiently for it to happen and have had deluded thoughts about a new beginning for the club. As much as I appreciate what has been done for us in the past, I can only see a continuation of the downward spiral under the current regime.

Anyway, no point in boring people anymore with my drivel, have a nice evening.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Sorry Ogg.You're right of course.Decisions being made and things moving forward is obviously a positive step.I meant in a takeover positive kind of way

Hopefully in the long run, it'll all work out for the best, mate.

Chin up!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]How does this equal end of takeover, will one of you fruit loops explain that?

probably because a member of the board said at a satellite supporters club meeting Parky was a goner if a takeover materialised,so don't see why people are nutters !!!!
  • Options
    they're putting a performance on for frank butcher after putting him through 850 consecutive defeats it's payback time!!
  • Options
    i can't get on the official website to find out about this story so this has been a very confusing and frustrating thread for me.
  • Options
    agree with the oggmeister
  • Options
    as said on other thread, daily ex west ham, breaker ex west ham, parky has no irons links neither does kins or owt.. think things could be just be being put into place for somthing. or just talking utter balls as per..
  • Options
    is kins any good as a coach? i know he stands on the touchline all game with his socks round his ankles,looking very cross. but really,is he any good?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]is kins any good as a coach? i know he stands on the touchline all game with his socks round his ankles,looking very cross. but really,is he any good?

of course he is he's charlton thru and thru, we don't want no west ham types like curbs here
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]How does this equal end of takeover, will one of you fruit loops explain that?

probably because a member of the board said at a satellite supporters club meeting Parky was a goner if a takeover materialised,so don't see why people are nutters !!!!

2 x 2 = 9

You haven't the foggiest what the new owner want or who they want to employ if they takeover.
  • Options
    What is it about our fecking official site? Are they using a Dreamcast 32kb modem with 128k narrowband?? Amazingly can not get on this site even at ten to eleven in the evening! Welcome Tim Breacker by the way (I remember his blonde bubble perm from the panini stickers!)
  • Options
    Breaker... breaker..... we've got a big old convoy trucking across the usa...
  • Options
    What no picture of said perm Adam??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Sorry, but how do you nutters think this means the takeover is over?

and how do you nutters think that it means it isn't ? Don't think throwing around insults like 'nutters' and 'fruit loops' is particularly helpful just because someone has the temerity to have an opinion that differs to yours, thank God.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]

2 x 2 = 9

You haven't the foggiest what the new owner want or who they want to employ if they takeover.

and, coincidentially, neither do you.
  • Options
    What is a "Fruitloop"
  • Options
    Yeah, the Takeover must be off because we now realise that we can't afford Carlos Queiroz to be our No.2, therefore Breacker will have to do instead, in line with our budget and the new season so close..........

I'm just glad Phil Chapple's back out scouting again, to help unearth all those gems like he was doing before........
    :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    and, coincidentially, neither do you.

True. But if you break it down logically, then it is clear that there has been some sort of transfer embargo in the last couple of weeks. That will also relate to the coaching set up. The only way logically Parkinson would be able to take on staff, and give contracts to existing staff, is if BOTH parties were in agreement that this was either needed, or the best way forward. In other words, whether the takeover fails to occur, or the current buyer proceeds, the current board / potential board are content to back a managerial team of PP, TB and MK.

That is currently where things stand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When I read this piece of news, my first thought , like Adam's , was the Hammers link .

Presumably this could mean that when the 2nd coming arrives, Big Merv will be surplus to requirements ( having been approved in advance by you know who)

Am I merely delirious after witnessing wins for Kent AND Charlton in the past 48 hours ? Answers on a postcard please.
  • Options
    Thank God for a logical post, AFKA.
  • Options
    Could be a bigger West Ham connection if the person who is keen to takeover Charlton is who i was told tonight

Former west Ham Owner/chairman????
  • Options
    Terrance Brown ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Terrance Brown ?

Wow, we might get Tevez after all ........
  • Options
    Thats what i was told dont know how reliable the info is i was also told that a deal is done and we are in a cooling off period and should know by thursday next week

anyone else heard the terry brown connection
  • Options
    so what exactly in football business terms is a 'cooling off period' ?
  • Options
    Is this a good or bad rumour in your opinion, NLA ?
  • Options
    my thoughts exactly smudge dont know what to make of any of it tbh

not sure how the terry brown thing sits with me and as for a cooling off period feck knows i guess it could mean done in principle and agreed but not concluded but that makes no sense to me at all strange that there were very few directors watching the game imo also

i dont know what to make of any of it

in my opinion it is just rumour
  • Options
    Terry Brown? As long as it's not Jilly Scally-wag, or orange Slimy Simes from Croydon.