Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Breack-ing news

Comments

• Options
    great news the same successful management duo from the last half of the season combined with the addition of the wonderful breacker will deffo lead us to pastures new ..... just the BOOST we all needed , if any of you needed reminding how lucky we are at charlton this just proves it
  • Options
    I terms of contracts I would suggest the Managers is the only significant one if a takeover were to occur and its not like that's been renewed, so we are pretty much where we were if you ask me - it is a positive move tho, a decision could have been taken not to replace Kins or Chappel at this point.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]feck a bleeding duck !! Takeover must be off surely. Why would you take on an assistant and give Kins a new contract if next week they could be out on their ear. Feck.

What in gods name are you on about?
  • Options
    Can he play centre half?
  • Options
    Can any of the nutters on here explain to me how their thought process gets to this meaning a takeover is off ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]great news the same successful management duo from the last half of the season combined with the addition of the wonderful breacker will deffo lead us to pastures new ..... just the BOOST we all needed , if any of you needed reminding how lucky we are at charlton this just proves it

Had you already heard the rumour that p'raps Curbs isn't coming back ........?

;o)
  • Options
    I've not been this excited since Dowie signed. ;-)
  • Options
    I too think his appointment means PP is staying, which in turn means the takeover team who were gonna get rid of him aren't gonna be taking over.

Nurse, pass me the double strength prozac.
  • Options
    A company in financial dire straits and on its last legs (allegedly), does not appoint an assistant manager, issue new contracts to existing staff and promote others internally.

This has to be seen as positive surely?
  • Options
    at the very least I would suggest the club are doing what they said they would do which is business as usual bar a takeover.

I would hope they would tell us if takeover scenario was a dead duck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]A company in financial dire straits and on its last legs (allegedly), does not appoint an assistant manager, issue new contracts to existing staff and promote others internally.

This has to be seen as positive surely?

It's not cool to be positive or optimistic.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Can any of the nutters on here explain to me how their thought process gets to this meaning a takeover is off ?

Guys, no need for the "nutters" remarks : - )

I think the problem, for me as well, as there is so little info (p'raps for good reason) that we are trying to read too much into every little rumour or fact. Sometimes things are just what they are.

My first thought was "that's positive. New employee, Kins kept on = money available = Takeover or at least a cash injection".

I could be, and most possibly am, totally wrong.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Can any of the nutters on here explain to me how their thought process gets to this meaning a takeover is off ?

Guys, no need for the "nutters" remarks : - )

I think the problem, for me as well, as there is so little info (p'raps for good reason) that we are trying to read too much into every little rumour or fact. Sometimes things are just what they are.

My first thought was "that's positive. New employee, Kins kept on = money available = Takeover or at least a cash injection".

I could be, and most possibly am, totally wrong.

AHHHHH! Former Director thinks he's wrong about the takeover, sky is blue, sun sets in the west = Takeover is over FFS
  • Options
    muttley.jpg
  • Options
    Can't believe some of the rubbish posted in this thread.

How on earth can anyone think this means the takeover is off?. We haven't shuffled someone out to bring someone in, we have appointed someone to a post, we have also signed someone else to a new contract. Think DA9 said it, those are not the actions of a business about to go belly up.

I assume the assistant role at a league 1 club is still a decent wage....
  • Options
    sorry if im being dense but do we normally have a first team manager and his no. 2 plus a first team coach?
  • Options
    Henry is right, far too little informaton leads us to put every action under the microscope.

This is a pretty major one for me though, it surely means PP's job is secure (a point with which i have reconciled) and that we finally have some stability heading into the new season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]sorry if im being dense but do we normally have a first team manager and his no. 2 plus a first team coach?

Yep, under curbs, merv was first team coach whilst keith was assistant manager
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    do you know i was thinking and thinking of curbs and merv but couldnt remember the 3rd person... very poor.
  • Options
    Breacker was a right back if I remember rightly. Hopefully he can tighten up our defence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think this appointment proves whether the takeoff is on or off. However I do think that with the ongoing saga of takeover talks just bumbling on it's more unlikely to happen, as both sides don't like the deal.

When a complicated deal with vendor financing, and no doubt wrapping up even more complex derivatives can be finalised in a couple of months I can't see why a very simple deal for Charlton can't be negotiated in a few months. The only reason is that Charlton continue to spleen money and aren't a viable proposition without huge debt writeoffs.

And Afka if you think in purely business terms the absence of any decisive decision on Parky, and then the obvious continuation of his position would be taken very badly by any stock market in the belief that a takeover had stalled. So whether people believe Parky and Breacker signal the end of takeover or not it's a very logical decision to make. Probably more informed than the blinkered faithful who kept on telling us Parky was definitely leaving all the way through the backend of last season. Now that really was loony.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Breacker was a right back if I remember rightly. Hopefully he can tighten up our defence.

The same way Dowie helped the strikers ;)
  • Options
    Parkinson added: "Damian remains in charge of the reserves, but his title will be development coach. Part of that remit will be taking a young reserve team and focusing on all the boys under 21 at the club. We feel that's important, because at times there's been a gap between the younger boys coming out of the academy umbrella and entering the first-team environment. Damian will focus more on that group.

That makes a barrelload of sense.
  • Options
    Finally ,the board appear to have given up on this bleeding takeover and have begun the slog of trying to dig themselves out of the 5hit without the help from anybody else.

It's a start i suppose but the decision should have been made weeks/months ago.Dragging it out has done irreversable damage imo.Breacer not the most exciting appointment in the world,but when you havn't got a pot to pi55 in,will have to do.Time for us all to dig in and try and turn this situation around.
  • Options
    Sorry, but how do you nutters think this means the takeover is over?
  • Options
    How does this equal end of takeover, will one of you fruit loops explain that?
  • Options
    They certainly cut costs on the official website hosting, can barely access it these days, if something remotely interesting happens then it dies on me.

Im not very excited or optimistic about what this means, disappointment after disappointment. Really can't be bothered to go tonight but nearly there now.
  • Options
    frank you saw last seasons hellish run so tonight will be a walk in the park for you ...
    remember it's the beginning of a new era and the takeover could be announced tonight and you deserve to be there frank!
    or maybe not ;-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Sorry, but how do you nutters think this means the takeover is over?

Why wait so long to appoint Tim bloody Breacker for christs sake,a man that Parky has apparently been courting all summer.Maybe the takeover has happened, maybe it hasn't ,but SOMETHING has finally forced this decision and with a signing like Breacker i'm guessing it's not too positive
  • Options
    I don't know, Carly.

I reckon it is positive.

At last a management team has been confirmed, so we have at least a recognised structure and plans can now be made.

Not least the management team is now secure enough to manage, and playing staff know where they stand.
    And the supporters have actually been informed.