Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Breack-ing news

Comments

• Options
    I see this as a good thing. Like others have said I don't think it proves the takeover as being on or off. Does show we are trying to sort things out though (as does Parky's interview from the match tonight and another CB on trial) and the money must have been freed up or made available from somewhere to bring in a new assistant manager. They could have tried to carry on working with less staff but we've now got someone new in.
  • Options
    Maybe it is just the fact that the season starts in ten days. Whatever may or may not happen, they need some sort of proper management structure in place or they may end up losing 6-1 to Leyton Orient.
  • Options
    on memory i thought terrance brown was disliked at west ham due to the fact he would take in big transfers ferdinand, lampard , cole etc and would not re invest too much of into the playing side but hey ho beggars can't be chosers
  • Options
    Spanner I used to work with despised Brown and was not alone in this sentiment
  • Options
    WestHamBrown_468x337.jpg

9781906015114.JPG

oh and this for pilchard:

425.jpg
  • Options
    I could be wrong, but, wasn't it Brown's West Ham board that nicked Defoe from us. Can't see the Curbs connection at all. Whilst Brown ran West Ham I never worried about Curbs going to West Ham
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    and, coincidentially, neither do you.

True. But if you break it down logically, then it is clear that there has been some sort of transfer embargo in the last couple of weeks. That will also relate to the coaching set up. The only way logically Parkinson would be able to take on staff, and give contracts to existing staff, is if BOTH parties were in agreement that this was either needed, or the best way forward. In other words, whether the takeover fails to occur, or the current buyer proceeds, the current board / potential board are content to back a managerial team of PP, TB and MK.

That is currently where things stand.

agree totally Danny but as you say it doesn't mean it's off but it doesn't mean it's on either. In my opinion it's off and the Board have finally realised the season starts on Saturday week and we need to get our arses into gear. It's Rothko's opinion it's on and I respect his opinion but don't agree with it. Shame he has to chuck around silly insults though.
  • Options
    TBF It was AFKA who called you a "nutter". : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]TBF It was AFKA who called you a "nutter". : - )

That fruit loop.A man that spent hours and hours and hours devising questions for the board only to be told to stick them up his R's...

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]TBF It was AFKA who called you a "nutter". : - )

so he did. Danny, what I said about Rothko applies equally to you too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dime bar anyone?
  • Options

agree totally Danny but as you say it doesn't mean it's off but it doesn't mean it's on either. In my opinion it's off and the Board have finally realised the season starts on Saturday week and we need to get our arses into gear. It's Rothko's opinion it's on and I respect his opinion but don't agree with it. Shame he has to chuck around silly insults though.

Do you really think we would have played that midfield last night if a takeover wasn't expected?
  • Options
    What you saying R ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]What you saying R ?
    ;-)

I assume he means risking injuries to players we may have to otherwise sell ?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    What's been said all summer.

No takeover and Bailey and Shelvey will be sold to pay the bills.

Takeover and more than likely will stay (although I personally think if one of Sky 4 clubs came in for Jon Jo he might be tempted and who could blame him)

So as long as they are still around and playing as the Airman says then it still seems "possible" that a takeover "might" happen.

Not has happened, not a done deal or anything like that. Just still "possible" IMHO

I think that some people were so hoping that Parkinsella would be sacked that they assumed the new bosses would automatically sack him but they never said that (obviously).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

I think that some people were so hoping that Parkinsella would be sacked that they assumed the new bosses would automatically sack him but they never said that (obviously).

I,ve said all along that Parky will be here regardless of takeover and I,m even more sure now. And I truly believe he is the right man for this particular job.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]What you saying R ?
    ;-)

I assume he means risking injuries to players we may have to otherwise sell ?

Exactly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]

I,ve said all along that Parky will be here regardless of takeover and I,m even more sure now. And I truly believe he is the right man for this particular job.

So you have.

I very much want him to be a success for him as a person as well as for the obvious reason that I want any Charlton manager to be a success as that means success for my club
  • Options

And there is a huge amount of truth about that, some people have been wanted him out from day 1, given the right circumstances he'll do a fine job for me
  • Options
    Spot on, Henry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i don't think anyone would have wanted parky out from day one cos that would only mean we were doing wank and going down
    yes he is tainted with being the coach/assistant during the joke rain that was pardoos and his abysmal failure at getting us to not even look like we had a small chance of staying up after he took over is another FACT of life
    and yes he is a lovely bloke so it'll make it all the more exciting IF we do well
    and i'm certain every fan wants him to lead us to the title but imo he hasn't got that inspirational leadership quality that separates real winners from alse rans but we live in hope
  • Options
    Well after all the threads, all the speculation, all the endless words written, we are still at the stage of it might, it might not be on.

I am 99.99999% certain that what has transpired in the last day or two suggests that the deal is done, all bar maybe ironing out a few minor details like who gets to take home the swivel chair at weekends.

As AB has said, if according to Parky "we played our best team", and that included the likes of Shelvey and Bailey then the money must be there to keep them.

Given the perilous state of the clubs finances, the fact that they have given Kins a new contract and Damian Martin a new role also suggests the finances are stabilised. That can only mean to me that a deal is done.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]WestHamBrown_468x337.jpg

9781906015114.JPG

oh and this for pilchard:

425.jpg

Cheers Adam I knew you would deliver!
  • Options
    The $64,000 question for me is what kind of maniac would want to invest in a football club and yet it happens all the time !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i don't think anyone would have wanted parky out from day one

Really? Go back and check the posts in November.
  • Options
    Bearing in mind that we no longer have a proper reserve side playing in a league, it seems that Damian Matthews, perhaps our most talented coach is being marginalised. I'd be updating my c.v. if I was in his shoes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i don't think anyone would have wanted parky out from day one

i think people didn't want him in but once in we all want the right results for charlton
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

i think people didn't want him in but once in we all want the right results for charlton

er no! People were hoping we lost games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

er no! People were hoping we lost games.

name and shame then ... surely not true....anyway if they did PP gave them more losses than they could have dreamt of!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite] some people have been wanted him out from day 1

whilst you are undoubtedly technically correct, i think its a bit harsh to highlight now.

Most of the negative opinion on Parkinson, particularly at the point of him being made permenant manager, was based on the fact that what our club appeared to need more than most at that point in time was change. A fresh man with a fresh attitude, that would have given both the squad of players and supporters a new start and a lift. We never got that hopeful, optimistic boost that change sometimes brings, and what ultimately saved Forest and Watford.

I personally think that where we are right now, i'm happy having Parkinson in charge, will be 100% behind him from the start of a new season, and will reserve critical judgement for the first few months of the season.

But that does not change in any way my belief that he should not have been made permenant manager in January, nor should he have been retained as manager in May. Where we are now though is a different story.