Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Ipswich - Match Thread and post-match reports

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Christian Dailly starts i'm reliably informed.

All team news, and hopefully match updates from those at the ground in this thread please.

Comments

• Options
    What time is kick off?
  • Options
    you can feel the excitement , the mighty ipswich a big draw down in SE7 , heady times
  • Options
    Updates to be posted please guys.... im stuck at home tonight!
  • Options
    dailly startimg

Cant see richardson. No big screen'but BDL says will be on for wycombe.

451 with burton up top. Looks like the first choice but for richardson and youga.
  • Options
    Charlton: Elliot; Solly, Basey, Llera, Dailly; Sam, Semedo, Racon, Shelvey, Bailey; Burton.

Subs (not used): Randolph, Mambo, Spring, Stavrinou, Small, Wagstaff, Dickson, McLeod, Fleetwood.

Extended team news: Summer signing Miguel Llera makes his first appearance in SE7 after signing from Milton Keynes Dons, but right-back Frazer Richardson misses out through illness. Manager Phil Parkinson plumps for his preferred 4-5-1 formation with Jonjo Shelvey, Lloyd Sam and Nicky Bailey supplying the goal threat behind Deon Burton. Former West Ham United, Derby County and Blackburn Rovers defender Christian Dailly trials for the Addicks in the centre of defence.
  • Options
    home kit all gone. If the model in the window shirt sold.

Thanks to Mart77 for tickets.

Had a chat with Steve Kavenagh outside the shop along with Mart and Valley McMoist
  • Options
    F'king 4-5-1 again. Will that useless tosser PP ever learn that 1 up front (esp when that 1 is Burton or another lumbering non-goalscoring forward) is not the right format for Charlton.

Perhaps he'll have to when/if Wycombe beat us.

PARKINSON OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Will be intresting to see how much juice Dailly has left in his tank.
  • Options
    Seems pretty much a first team, peherhaps Younga would be preferred to Solly. Have to admitt I would be happy to start the season with that
  • Options
    Not a bad crowd considering. Nice pitch. Dave Lockwood very loud. And rightly so.

Cmon Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ParkinsonOut[/cite]F'king 4-5-1 again. Will that useless tosser PP ever learn that 1 up front (esp when that 1 is Burton or another lumbering non-goalscoring forward) is not the right format for Charlton.

It's not really even a F'king 4-5-1 again.

It's more of a 4-4-1-1, which Parky uses to get the best out of Jonjo as a deep-lying striker cum linkman, playing in the hole immediately behind Burton.

Whenever Parky chooses to sub Jonjo, he usually plays a 2nd striker.

So Jonjo is the key whether 4-4-1-1 is played - or a conventional 4-4-2.
  • Options
    what's the Ipswich strength?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CatAddick[/cite]what's the Ipswich strength?

About 40% proof.
  • Options
    so its 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 which still means its 1 or one unless he sends on another one which will mean we have to many.

one up front is shit end of.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ParkinsonOut[/cite]F'king 4-5-1 again. Will that useless tosser PP ever learn that 1 up front (esp when that 1 is Burton or another lumbering non-goalscoring forward) is not the right format for Charlton.

Thanks Oggy. My reply might have been a tad ruder!! LOL.
  • Options
    ipswich`s main strength is carrots, but they go well with brussel sprouts in the colder months.
  • Options
    Close from Llera but not close enough.
  • Options
    Mate is at Dartford v Millwall. Match delayed as its a sell out and cant get em in quick enough. Theyve sent their 1st team over too.

Our lot playing tonight all look like footballers but will they dig in and grind out ugly results away at Northampton et al??

No chance.

See Wade Small is still in there.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Manager Phil Parkinson plumps for his preferred 4-5-1 formation with Jonjo Shelvey, Lloyd Sam and Nicky Bailey supplying the goal threat behind Deon Burton.

hahahahahaha. lloyd sam and goal threat in same sentence.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]so its 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 which still means its 1 or one unless he sends on another one which will mean we have to many.

one up front is shit end of.

Point is though, GH ...... Jonjo gets a free role making him virtually unmarkable, and playing more or less a deep-lying forward role.

So in effect, it's a more fluid form of 4-4-2.

And one of the main reasons Nicky Bailey scores so many goals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Manager Phil Parkinson plumps for his preferred 4-5-1 formation with Jonjo Shelvey,Lloyd Samand Nicky Bailey supplying thegoal threatbehind Deon Burton.

I was quoting directly from the OS ........ not really my words.

Though thinking about it, in the 3rd Division Sam might well net a fair few.
    We'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    Its conceeding at the other end that was the main problem Oggy . . . . bombing forward leaving hug gaps in midfield.
  • Options
    still iguess at this level some our shit players might just look a bit kak, and not total shit. i mean how far down do we have to go before they find their level?

Youga
    McClown
    Burton
    Dickson
    Parkinson

and we havnt got in loan players yet ! things are looking up !! wonder how many Palarse will let us have ?
  • Options
    Lisbie will come to us on loan
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]still iguess at this level some our shit players might just look a bit kak, and not total shit. i mean how far down do we have to go before they find their level?

Youga
    McClown
    Burton
    Dickson
    Parkinson

and we havnt got in loan players yet ! things are looking up !! wonder how many Palarse will let us have ?

Ambrose?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Manager Phil Parkinson plumps for his preferred 4-5-1 formation with Jonjo Shelvey,Lloyd Samand Nicky Bailey supplying thegoal threatbehind Deon Burton.

realise you were quoting the o/s oggie. even you couldn't be that rose tinted to think 2 goals in 60 (guess) appearances is a threat.
  • Options
    yes true. he will then get injured stay for 8 season play 3 times and when booted out there will be the murmers of " we never gave him enough time"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Its conceeding at the other end that was the main problem Oggy . . . . bombing forward leaving hug gaps in midfield.

You're probably spot on there, Falcs.

That's where we missed Semedo, once he got injured.
    Someone prepared to sit and hold his position.
  • Options
    Doing well against an inexperienced Ipswich team. Basey getting forward
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

realise you were quoting the o/s oggie. even you couldn't be that rose tinted to think 2 goals in 60 (guess) appearances is a threat.

lol, PBS !