Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Ipswich - Match Thread and post-match reports

Comments

• Options
    When you have a seriously creaky defence 4-5-1 makes some sense. Let's hope in the second half he get's a 4-4-2 going, because there's going to be plenty of games where 4-5-1 will lead us into stalemate at home.
  • Options
    Is Roy Keane in attendance?
  • Options
    meanwhile back at the game crowd start to sing.

Racon showing his class

Sam wins pen
  • Options
    Penalty to us
  • Options
    Blimey, a penalty. Gr8 ball by Llera to Sam. Brought down. Burton Scores
  • Options
    Yeeaaah we're a championship side in disguise!!!
  • Options
    i told you to watch out for lloyd sam.
    the o/s tipped me off.
  • Options
    and the 451 system comes up trumps as great ball from 'donkey' llera sets up 'no end product' sam who wins clear get pen by running on into six yard box.
    'never score' burton converts sending keeper wrong way
  • Options
    You can't tell who the championship side is. We're knocking it around nicely.

Don't understand the 4-5-1 hate. I wouldn't choose McLeod or Dickson ahead of any of the 5 midfielders.
  • Options
    do they look like they're playing for the result over the fitness then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Second pre-season penalty Burton has scored.

And hopefully, this is another aspect of Sam's game that has improved since last season - not only now picking out individual players with better crossing, but also running decisively into the box inviting the reckless challenge.

Let's hope Sam's greatest improvement starts after September 1st ..... I feel Sam could be a huge impact player at this level.
  • Options
    Another Pen. Handball. Burton scores
  • Options
    2-0 ?
  • Options
    ha ha ha
  • Options
    We're back
  • Options
    Don't understand the 4-5-1 hate. I wouldn't choose McLeod or Dickson ahead of any of the 5 midfielders.
    -------

Same, our best players are definitely in the midfield, so why not accomodate them all, Shelvey as a forward much better than those 2 aswell. If McLeod actually got on a run (unlikely) he would be a better option on his own than Burton though imo.
  • Options
    cue people moaning that we don't score from open play
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]2-0 ?

"We're gonna win the League.
    And now you better believe us ......"

Maybe our team is better than we thought it was.
    Or Ipswich are worse, lol
  • Options
    Mcleod cant score pens though
  • Options
    Yer but would Mcleod score the pens?

Didnt think so...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]meanwhile back at the game crowd start to sing.

Racon showing his class

Sam wins pen

And there lies the reason we still play 4-5-1, it's because our 5 best players are all midfielders.

Once we have 2 strikers worthy of the name, and a defence which can stand up for itself, I'm sure we'll play a less defensive formation. Until then, lets play what gets the best out of the squad - which is something I think Parky was getting slated, on here the other day, for not doing.
  • Options
    Have videoed the pens in all their glory with my 'awesome' commentary, will YouTube them later
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]2-0 ?[/quote]
    [b]
    "We're gonna win the League.
    And now you better believe us ......"[/b]

Maybe our team is better than we thought it was.
    Or Ipswich are worse, lol[/quote]

Have Ipswich come out the tunnel yet?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: hudson-son-son[/cite]Don't understand the 4-5-1 hate. I wouldn't choose McLeod or Dickson ahead of any of the 5 midfielders.

Same, our best players are definitely in the midfield, so why not accomodate them all, Shelvey as a forward much better than those 2 aswell. If McLeod actually got on a run (unlikely) he would be a better option on his own than Burton though imo.

Agreed. Some people seem to look at the team and think it's a negative formation.
    But Parky has picked a team to suit the strengths of the players he has, just like Curbs used to.

But in the last dozen or so matches last season, we scored plenty of goals compared to most of the bottom half of the table. It was just the stupid preventable goals that we conceded, often late on (think Blackpool and Cardiff 2-2 draws, for example).

It was the uncertainty in defence that undone us.
  • Options
    Just checked in...blimey an air of positivity about the place.

Always thought if you have Racon, Bailey, Shelvey and Sam in the middle you're gonna stand a chance in any game, hope they all stay.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: hudson-son-son[/cite]Don't understand the 4-5-1 hate. I wouldn't choose McLeod or Dickson ahead of any of the 5 midfielders.

Agreed. Some people seem to look at the team and think it's a negative formation.
    [b aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]But Parky has picked a team to suit the strengths of the players he has, just like Curbs used to.
    [/b]
    But in the last dozen or so matches last season,[b aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]we scored plenty of goals compared to most of the bottom half of the table. It was just the stupid preventable goals that we conceded,[/b]often late on (think Blackpool and Cardiff 2-2 draws, for example).

It was the uncertainty in defence that undone us.
    Spot on again Oggy. Why do some people just not understand this?
  • Options
    Good move by Ipswich. Close but not close enough
  • Options
    Anyone have the Ipswich team?
  • Options
    bromley addicks took the covered end.

Racon and semedo both down injured after colliding with each other when both tacked ITFC player on edge of box.