Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Ipswich - Match Thread and post-match reports

Comments

• Options
    I thought you keep the attendance figure low to save on the VAT and Tax
  • Options
    Good workout. Fini 2-1
  • Options
    Bring on the Johnstone Paint Trophy!

Wemberley, Wemberley.........
  • Options
    3 added

Yougas name is chanted after some good overlaps.

all over we win

And hang on a minute is that murray coming out on the pitch to make an annoucemnet?
  • Options
    !we beat the team in the league above Yay!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]3 added

Yougas name is chanted after some good overlaps.

all over we win

And hang on a minute is that murray coming out on the pitch to make an annoucemnet?

"No Comment"
  • Options
    do be serious henners ur not there are you? lol ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]And hang on a minute is that murray coming out on the pitch to make an annoucemnet?
    Nah.
  • Options
    What's happening?
  • Options
    is bruno our new boss?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swap Burton for a U2 Ipod?
  • Options
    ha ha ha
  • Options
    We looked pretty ordinary second half, but with that first half lineup we should dominate a lot if teams in midfield this season. Thought Llera and Basey were particularly good, and Burton has to be up front if we're to play 4-5-1. Fleetwood wasn't as bad as others have suggested. Spring spread the play well second half. Dailly and Small look like they'd be worthwhile additions to the squad.

Overall, lots of positives to be taken from the evening.
  • Options
    Racon looked a class above the rest.
    Desperate need of a striker that Burton could play off of.
    There's no way he can hold onto long balls pumped up to him.
    The Spanish defender looks keen enough to get the ball, but is shit.
    I can see us struggling to not only score goals, but also to prevent them.
    Need a consistent half decent back four.
    It will take some time for whoever we get in defence to gel as a unit.
    Apart from that...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]Racon looked a class above the rest.
    Desperate need of a striker that Burton could play off of.
    There's no way he can hold onto long balls pumped up to him.
    The Spanish defender looks keen enough to get the ball, but is shit.
    I can see us struggling to not only score goals, but also to prevent them.
    Need a consistent half decent back four.
    It will take some time for whoever we get in defence to gel as a unit.
    Apart from that...

Thanks for the upbeat report it really has lifted my spirits for the season to come
  • Options
    when will we see the away kit ie picture?
  • Options
    Forgot to mention, Bailey going over like a second rate Ronaldo, only for the referee to shout "get up, your supposed to be the captain".
    Reminds me of the Bray/Charlton game, where the linesman who was asked to keep up with play, responded "f off you prick".
    Not exactly total football, but entertaining none the less.
  • Options
    fella on the end of our row was having a right go at Sam after his work set up or goals to which I responded "you wont be happy until he climbs in the stand and gives you a kiss"

It was a typical pre season friendly really but it's always nice to get a win against decent opposition
  • Options
    As friendlies go, that was pretty entertaining.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]it's always nice to get a win against decent opposition
    A goal in open play would have been nicer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    typical...
  • Options
    Henry and others how did Solly and Basey play? I'm pleased on your assesment on Solly though someone said Solly didn't handle someone with pace too well: in a 4-5-1 that should never happen, at least if Sam's not marauding. I take it Basey played on the left with Dailly in the middle. How did it look?
  • Options
    Feedback on Dailly ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]it's always nice to get a win against decent opposition
    A goal in open play would have been nicer

After seeing the club drifting so uncertainly all summer, I reckon it's even nicer to get a decent result against a club in a higher league.

Not that it really matters until August 8, but it's still encouraging.
  • Options
    I would take Dailly if he's available. Didn't put a foot wrong and steadied the ship when needed.
  • Options
    I thought the full backs were possibly the standout players. Solly was aggresive and he did a good job of winding up their forward. Basey was rarely troubled by Jon Walters second half, who has been tipped with a Premiership move. Also did well on the overlap, he seems to have got a bit faster!

Dailly was ok, thought Llera looked more solid though. As someone said in another thread, I'd take him over some league 1/2 released random mcrandom.
  • Options
    Llera looked better than he did at welling. Impressed by sam.
  • Options
    Wasn't there tonight, but Sam really seems to have stepped up his game in the last 6 months.
  • Options
    little bit of glass from dailly. On that showing worth keeping if the deal is right.

Solly coped with their very fast winger well first half. In 2nd got caught wrong side a couple of times. overall he did well but youga looked stronger.

Basey did ok. Strong and aggresive. Dont remember him doing much wrong.

We
  • Options
    sam found space out wide as he can in a 451. Was always looking to attack his full back and his passing and movement was good. Crossing not great but both goals came from him so well done.