Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life FC vs Exeter Fans - 26th Sept **Now with photos on Page 8**

Comments

• Options
    3-1 lovely header from a shelvey jr corner

nathan prior has just been subbed for the 2nd time after an 'entertaining' display
  • Options
    4-1 peach of a strike from the chap who scored the earlier header
  • Options
    Final score 5-2 no? What happened swisdom? You left early! Not proper charlton! What was the exeter team support like? More than we're taking to colchester? ;-)

Nice to meet oggy today in the oak!
  • Options
    5-2 final score, well done lads.
  • Options
    I was pretty much fecked after 10mins, after all it was the first time I played this year. I'm too small to get any balls :(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]I'm too small to get any balls :(

Quoted for future reference, very true. ;-)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]I was pretty much fecked after 10mins, after all it was the first time I played this year. I'm too small to get any balls :(

Fitter than some out there Nathan, I thought some of your team mates let you down, not playing the right ball at the right time.

Oh Nathan, both hands behind your head when taking a throw in not just below your chin.

Nathan Prior...............Charltonlifes very own Billy Elliott, what did you have on your feet ;)

match performance and all round effort..........7
    kit and general appearance.. 1.75
  • Options
    The throw in was perfectly legit, came from behind me head (well I thought it did).

They were the only thing I had really, didnt have any boots, so I used them :P
  • Options
    Good to put some faces to the names. Enjoyed the game, but gutted I said I could play centre forward as well as centre half, because the 2nd half was a forward's paradise!
  • Options
    Enjoyed the match immensely, well done CL. Here's a snap of the (un)usual suspects and friends, though as you know IT isn't my strong point so you might end up with a picyure of my daughter's wedding or something! Here goes:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    P.S Don't forget to turn the screen on it's side first!
  • Options
    Well done all - Humble apologies for not announcing the score at half time - Sorry.
  • Options
    Still going through the photos I took this morning of the game, so hope to post something tomorrow night. Some good photos and as far as I can tell I have all 7 goals.

Thanks for your hospitality.
  • Options
    Thanks to all who turned up yesterday - really enjoyable morning in the sun against a young Exeter team who have my utmost respect for getting up at the crack of dawn and making their way to SE7.

Really solid display from all in the red shirt, but special mention to Oggy for filling in across the back four and to Vinnie V and SupaClive who both made impressive debuts - SupaClive scoring a great goal for our second after some brilliant work down the right and then going very close a few minutes later with a long range effort.

Thanks to Riscardo for getting out of bed and reffing the game in his usual no nonsense style - it is much appreciated my friend.

Apologies for all the chopping and changing - I hope that everyone feels that they got a fair crack of the whip in terms of time on pitch....juggling 17 of us was taxing my brain at that time of the morning...

Thanks again all - I hope to get a few more games organised soon.

CC
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    No one's mentioned how bloody awful the linesman was with the silly sunglasses on ;-)
  • Options
    can i have a place in the next team please as i missed out here :P
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    Nice to meet oggy today in the oak!

Good to meet you too, Miss Sausage ..... and all the other Lifers with you.

See you all again when I'm next up from the back of beyond.
  • Options
    Hi Mr Charlton Charlie,

Just got home from "up the line" .... and would like to say many thanks for putting the game on yesterday.
    I really enjoyed it - and now many of us have played together a few times, we're starting to look like a team.

Mind you, the debut lads were impressive too. Nathan, you're a legend!!

It's also good to meet the 'real' people behind their user names - and each time I come up, I meet new Lifers.
    And catch up again with those I've met before - good to have a few beers together!

Can't wait for the next time!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Final score 5-2 no? What happened swisdom? You left early! Not proper charlton! ;-)

Swizzo had to leave early to beat the traffic.

;o)
  • Options
    I do add a bit of humour onto the pitch yeah :P

I noticed how I found the only patch of leaves on the pitch to slip on when trying to get the ball :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]P.S Don't forget to turn the screen on it's side first!

Can't seem to open the jpeg, mate. Any other ideas...?

Got to say ...... I thought you were a legend at the Lifers match yesterday, bringing your old 1960's trainspotting book along. You win the 2009 ......Charlton Life "Golden Anorak" award!

Sorry .... couldn't resist!!!

;o)
  • Options
    I have a reputation to maintain y'know, I also had me tram book as well, just in case the subject cropped up! Anyway Oggy, I gathered from our conversation you know more about locos on SR than I ever have: even remembering their numbers and (probably) their shed codes. If I've got an anorak, you've got the duffle coat (and bag for the sarnies) . Good to see you again Rob but what's a jpeg?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Touche! lol

I was just remembering a couple of childhood memories from when I was 9 or 10 years old, being taken to Waterloo station by my Dad to see the last of the grimy leaking hissing smoky old steam engines on the Bournemouth Express. He also took me to see Eddie Firmani score for Charlton.......... Why is it you can remember something from 40 years ago, but can't remember what you did yesterday, ha ha !

A jpeg is the photo you posted - but I couldn't open it. All I get when I click on the link is:

ÿØÿà�JFIF������ÿþ�;CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 75 ÿÛ�C� $.' ",#(7),01444'9=82<.342ÿÛ�C 2!!22222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222ÿÀ�9X"�ÿÄ����������� ÿÄ�µ���}�!1AQa"q2‘¡#B±ÁRÑð$3br‚ %&'()*456789:CDEFGHIJSTUVWXYZcdefghijstuvwxyzƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š’“”•–—˜™š¢£¤
  • Options
    Would just like to add my thanks to Charlton Charlie for sorting the match out, I had a proper good day despite being robbed by the council with a £50 parking ticket, and a very dubious linesman :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Would just like to add my thanks to Charlton Charlie for sorting the match out, I had a proper good day despite being robbed by the council with a £50 parking ticket, and a very dubious linesman :-)

Yep, I got done too :(

Cheers M, was a great day, made me feel I wouldn't be totally embarrassed if I can find a sunday league team who will let me train with them, 60 mins on the pitch and an 18 old winger didn't skin me once lol
  • Options
    I should be fitter for the next one hopefully, McDonalds & KFC does take its toll on you :P
  • Options
    You work for both?

/joke
  • Options
    Nathan you was fit enough, you didn't seem to be out of breath at the end, and playing winger for most of the game takes some fitness
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Nathan you was fit enough, you didn't seem to be out of breath at the end, and playing winger for most of the game takes some fitness

That's because he stood up every time you looked over. :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Nathan you was fit enough, you didn't seem to be out of breath at the end, and playing winger for most of the game takes some fitness

That's because he stood up every time you looked over. :-)

Ha ha ;-)