Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life FC vs Exeter Fans - 26th Sept **Now with photos on Page 8**

Comments

• Options
    so who got man of the match for this one then? afka going to put any of his stats up lol
  • Options
    also forgot to mention was well up for this one until i found out i was working, so to top it of missed charlton and wat sounded like a walk in the park :-(

Glad we won, although would have been more if i was there :-P
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]so who got man of the match for this one then? afka going to put any of his stats up lol

Apparently it was me ;-)
  • Options
    Can we actually get some proper linesmen next time as well? The one that was called on me was well onside as there were Exeter players infront of me when it was called.
  • Options
    haha get in shelvey! or u jus sayin that lol, hope you set up a few like ur nephew has been for us :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Can we actually get some proper linesmen next time as well? The one that was called on me was well onside as there were Exeter players infront of me when it was called.

The problem is, because of your pace its hard for the linesman to keep up. It looks like your offside when you get the ball because of the speed in which you got to it. You just need to slow down a little bit, you'll still get to the ball first but the lino will see you were onside
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Can we actually get some proper linesmen next time as well? The one that was called on me was well onside as there were Exeter players infront of me when it was called.

The problem is, because of your pace its hard for the linesman to keep up. It looks like your offside when you get the ball because of the speed in which you got to it. You just need to slow down a little bit, you'll still get to the ball first but the lino will see you were onside

Sarcasm of the highest degree there :P
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]haha get in shelvey! or u jus sayin that lol, hope you set up a few like ur nephew has been for us :-)

I was much better than him ;-) Na in all honesty Alex was our best player but he was able to shine because of my guidance ;-)
  • Options
    No not me Nathan !! I dont do sarcasm ;-)
  • Options
    We were talking with the Exeter lads afterwards ...... about playing a return fixture at Exeter on 24 April, when Charlton play down there.

Probably make a Friday night of it, play the game in the morning (if we're still standing, lol) and the League match in the afternoon,

Would we have enough players to make a game of it.....
    And enough pissheads for Friday night?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah i'll be up for that.

Who was their stroppy captain though, god he was annoying and decided to give me evil looks all game after asking him just why he kicked the ball out of play soo far.
  • Options
    Oggy i'm well up for that definitely
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]We were talking with the Exeter lads afterwards ...... about playing a return fixture at Exeter on 24 April, when Charlton play down there.

Probably make a Friday night of it, play the game in the morning (if we're still standing, lol) and the League match in the afternoon,

Would we have enough players to make a game of it.....
    And enough pissheads for Friday night?

The 24th is my birthday. I'm unlikely to get this one past the missus though as we are expecting a new Charlton fan around the 10th!
  • Options
    There was nothing wrong with the linesman. He was perfect in everything he done.

Especially the offsides on uncle. Miles.
  • Options
    Blimey Nathan, you've said more on this thread than you did the whole of Saturday morning!
  • Options
    Very Enjoyable game in beautiful weather, James Brother Alex was MOM with a superb Hat-rick. As for James Himself, what is that Head Band all about fella ?

Special mention to Plaayer Step Over Thomas, wonderous wingplay without actually moving :-)
  • Options
    Having not played for over 6 months, I can confirm today that I officially ache everywhere, even in places I've not ached before ....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Having not played for over 6 months, I can confirm today that I officially ache everywhere, even in places I've not ached before ....
    Has AFKA still got your son? ;-)
  • Options
    I wish he did have - would make my Saturday's a lot easier and quieter!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Having not played for over 6 months, I can confirm today that I officially ache everywhere, even in places I've not ached before ....

Me too. Stairs are a real problem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done guys great laugh saturday with exception of plaayer who used some colourfull language in my direction.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Well done guys great laugh saturday with exception of plaayer who used some colourfull language in my direction.

Lol! What did you expect? You actually asked me to run after a pass.

You can't teach that stuff Ketters, your born with it!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Cheers for the game on saturday lads. Was a laugh.

Gotta say though, my lob just before the end... Sublime ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Grecian32[/cite]Cheers for the game on saturday lads. Was a laugh.

Gotta say though, my lob just before the end... Sublime ;)

Brilliantly set up for you by our tiring defence....(!).

As we talked about on Saturday, could be we're coming down to your place for the return fixture on April 24.
    Stick it in your diary!
  • Options
    Ketters my follicly challenged friend, my hairband needs no explanation! Although AFKA has banned it from making an appearance on any Sunday morning for the mighty Albany Rangers!
    Plaaayer's stepover's and little "flip-flop" tricks were a sight to behold! I'm glad I made the game just for that if I'm brutally honest!
    I've also heard no end of it from my little brother who clearly stole the show with a "perfect hat-trick" I taught him all he knows mind ;o). Another good day though and was certainly nice walking off after a win.
    As for the return fixture count me in.
  • Options
    Plaaayer needs to change his name to Johnny Robinson...not since the Welsh wizard have I seen a pla(aa)yer more deteremined to beat the same opponent so many times in the same move....
  • Options
    _44732271_linesman116.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]_44732271_linesman116.jpg

Nob ;-)
  • Options
    Found this and a vid on an Exeter forum.

IMG_1866.jpg

Exeter Fans goal
  • Options
    id defo be up for the return game in exeter! :)