Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lucky lucky Leeds

Jammy feckers

Comments

• That was damn jammy was hoping for the 1-1 draw there
  • How can the Goalie go from making two worldie saves to kicking like a child....proper donut.

Beckfords finish even took a deflection!!...cant stand him.
  • Bastards

Spanners will do 'em Saturday
  • How many injury time goals !?!
  • draw would've been best but its not that bad, keeps the following pack away a bit more and i expect Norwich to be challenging come the end.
  • I blame the defender who wasn't watching the goal kick...

jammy gits
  • Whilst Norwich played nicer, neater football I have to say Leeds always looked more dangerous to me. Leeds look like they have pace and power, added to that Kandol made a difference. You can see why they pick up points late in matches, there's no luck there.
  • This game is covered in much greater detail here; and with better punctuation:

http://www.charltonlife.com/Admin/Nazis/Strike/Again
  • Called it 10 mins into the second half. They came on very strong in the last 10. No surprise they have scored so many late goals. Thought Gredal lookes very lively when he came on. Didnt realise Vokes had gone there either. Will be a cracking signing for them.
  • Leeds = Man Utd with injury time goals. Certainly getting their fair share of good luck at present. Hopefully ours will come when it matters at the end of the season!
  • Sponsored links:

• Chris Martin, shit singer and a worse striker.

Thought he was awful, had no awareness of what was going on around him and just as bad distribution. Their right back had a very poor game too.

Leeds are 100% commitment and pressure nothing more.

If only we had a half decent striker. . . .
  • Agree with Clem about Gredal...looked very effective.
  • Their keeper should have been taken off before, he was clearly injured with about 25 mins to go. Even though he did make one or two worldies. Typical Leeds, they always score late!
  • Neither did I, apparently on loan. They've got a lot of big mobile strikers something we don't have and something that will have a big effect later in games.
  • The gods certainly smile on Leeds.

That goal wasn't about their 100% commitment, pace and power.

It was a total feck up by their keeper, a gift from the gods.
    That keeper must feel like topping himself.
  • No but the chances they were carving out whilst the Norwich defence were still wandering higher up the pitch was all to do with their pace and power. Kandol was winning headers and virtually every time he was cutting out any effective defensive cover. When you've got four forwards who are big and mobile you're going to knock over many teams in league one. Beckford had two chances in the last few minutes that came from someone battling for ball fifteen yards up from the Norwich defence. Whatever the right of who deserved to win Norwich looked massively unsettled in the last ten, that's something that will see Leeds through at the end of many a tight game.
  • [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Whilst Norwich played nicer, neater football I have to say Leeds always looked more dangerous to me. Leeds look like they have pace and power, added to that Kandol made a difference. You can see why they pick up points late in matches, there's no luck there.
    Spot on, sir.
  • Norwich deserved that tonight for the goal which shouldn't have stood against us in injury time.

What goes around comes around, and the same will happen to Leeds.
  • How an earth was there only 19,000 there. They got 30,000 against us. I know it was on the box, but blimey....
  • I thought we (Leeds) were lucky tonight. No offence to Charlton's visit but Norwich seem like the best team that has visited us this season.They passed really well and in the first half looked really good. Kandol and especially Gradel changed the game for us. I think a point wouldve been a good result for you as it looks like Norwich will be right up there by May.
  • Sponsored links:

• Personally i'm glad leeds won, i don't mind coming second by leeds winning i9t makes the gap bigger between us and Norwich who i fear will be right up their after they got a half decent manager in.
  • A Leeds win was certainly better than a Norwich win for us. Vokes signed on loan for them yesterday, hence the surprise by many at his late inclusion.
  • How Charlton like we all are - ooh lets not look upwards and see if we can beat Leeds to the title, let's look over our shoulder and hope we can scrape second place...

I include myself in that, BTW.
  • edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Screamer[/cite]Norwich deserved that tonight for the goal which shouldn't have stood against us in injury time.

What goes around comes around, and the same will happen to Leeds.

Hopefully! Those two incidents have given Leeds a 4 point advantage over us.

Hear what you say Spainboy but we have also played Norwich this season at their place. Drew 2-2 but they drew level in injury time with a highly dubious 'goal'! So while they are good I think we are better :-)
  • We need to worry less about what other teams are doing and concentrate on winning our own games. We're going along nicely and if we get 3 points on saturday, we could well be back on top again.
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]How Charlton like we all are - ooh lets not look upwards and see if we can beat Leeds to the title, let's look over our shoulder and hope we can scrape second place...

I include myself in that, BTW.

We'd rather Leeds lost to the likes of Wycombe and Tranmere than teams around us in the playoffs. I don't think it's a Charlton-esque trait, most other teams would feel the same.
  • Tough ones at the top this weekend though.

Millwall v Leeds
    Saints v MK Dons

Hard to work out who i want to win really. Draws for both i think.
  • Millwall and draw would be ideal ... Saints winning better than Franchise, but I don't want Saints gettng a head of steam up.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Screamer[/cite]Norwich deserved that tonight for the goal which shouldn't have stood against us in injury time.

What goes around comes around, and the same will happen to Leeds.[/quote]

Hopefully! Those two incidents have given Leeds a 4 point advantage over us.

Hear what you say Spainboy but we have also played Norwich this season at their place. Drew 2-2 but they drew level in injury time with a highly dubious 'goal'! So while they are good I think we are better :-)[/quote]

Well I guess points do prove you are better. Looking at it again with sober eyes today Norwich did look good but how many chances did they have in the second half.?None really and good passing football doesn't always work in this league and Leeds played this type under McAllister and never always paid off. ColinTat's post was a fair sum of the two teams. In all honesty I think the gap is too big for them to catch either of us. Defensively you are better than them and us which will be your ace card and I think our firepower is better than theirs which will be ours plus the lack of quality on their bench seems to me that they cannot afford too many injuries this season. Hoolahan is quality for them though as I thought Gradel did fantastic for us when he came on. Created Beckford more chances in 10 minutes than a surprisingly poor Snodgrass had for 80 minutes.
  • Been in Leeds all day - it really is a pit. If they get a bit of luck at the footy then good luck to them, little else to celebrate up there.