Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lucky lucky Leeds

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Been in Leeds all day - it really is a pit. If they get a bit of luck at the footy then good luck to them, little else to celebrate up there.[/quote]

Bit nasty and completely off topic, and a bit childish to say the least, but definately off topic.!!
  • Options
    Isn't Leeds the London of the north ..... ?

;o)
  • Options
    How many late goals/winners is that now?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]How many late goals/winners is that now?

12 this season but, when you only let in 8 goals in 17 games, it doesn't really matter when you score because the points will, usually, be yours.
  • Options
    The amount of late goals does not equate luck, it is down to not letting up for the whole match and grinding down your opponents without mercy. That is why Leeds have done this on many occasions, once-twice maybe fortunate but the amount of times they have done it shows they are a decent side and at this stage worthy leaders. As long as we keep the pressure on them I am happy because whoever finishes behind Leeds will go up too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]because whoever finishes behind Leeds will go up too.
    I don't think 23 other teams can get promoted mate.
  • Options
    You make your own luck. Conceding only 8 goals in 17 games isn't lucky, and with the likes of Beckford up front they're going to win games.
    I just hope that when Leeds play our rivals for 2nd, they beat them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]because whoever finishes behind Leeds will go up too.
    I don't think 23 other teams can get promoted mate.

Thanks for putting me straight on that. Obviously I meant the team that is behind Leeds is finishing 2nd and going up ;o)
  • Options
    Have they got Gradel on loan till the end of the season?? ....could do with him getting re-called as he looks special everytime they play.
  • Options
    We have Gradel til Jan with a recall clause from Leicester. He really has been something else and obviously needed a new challenge.deffo under rated at Leicester. He is like a poor mans Wright-Phillips and he changes the game totally when he comes on. Hope Leeds can get him on a permanent or at least til the end of the season but that will depend on where Leicester are and injuries etc.
    Leeds were poor last night. Thought at first we would batter Orient by 3-4 goals but they stood their ground for the first hour until Gradel came on then it was only gonna be a matter of time before the goal would come.Leeds were poor until then and rarely tested their keeper. Infact they had the better chances. Not sure if you have played them yet but they seem to step up their game nicely for bigger teams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers Spain, we beat them 2-1 at their place after going 1-0 down.

It's good to see you are not having absolutely everything your own way every game. Be interesting to see what the Elland Road faithful would be like after a couple of draws at home for example. :-)
  • Options
    Lucky Leeds, or do you make your own luck? I'd say the latter.
  • Options
    SpainBoy .......Back in August, Orient gave us a hard time for an hour - in our faces, closed us right down, denied us time and space on the ball, then took the lead.

It took until midway through the 2nd half for us to claw our way back into the game, but we finished strongly and well on top before grabbing a late winner. Made us work hard for those 3 points though
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I think a lot of Leeds fans thought it was going to be an easy 3 points in the bag.I know from Grayson's pre match interview he told players not to be too complacent and basically not just turn up and expect a win. The game seemed a mixture of poor play by us and good passing play by them. They stuck to their 4-5-1 formation and if Leyton Orient had have been ahead in the first half then I think they could have made it difficult for us to score.
    No one knows what is around the corner and it would be stupid to think that Leeds deffo have promotion in the bag because I know my team and I know we are well capable of messing things up at some stage or another. looking at last nights performance then I don't blame any team in this division to fancy their chances against us because sooner or later we will lose our home record and with a tough derby game coming up on the 5th from a team that beat us home and away last season and who are scoring for fun this season then our defence will truly be tested. My mate at the game last told me that the fans were on our players backs by half time.Pretty uncalled for id say.
  • Options
    Very fair and reasoned post, SpainBoy ....... and encouraging for us to read that the 'superteam' of the division have their frailties too. You've made it clear that Leeds could easily have come unstuck last night ..... but obviously credit for them to keep playing to the final whistle. It's a 90 minute game after all.

Sometimes teams get the breaks, sometimes they don't - you get games when you can nick that last gasp winner, and you get games where despite having all the play and chances, the ball just won't go in the net, like our 2nd half at Yeovil last Saturday.

On such events the season hinges.
  • Options
    They got taken to extra time by Kettering tonight despite winning 5-1 after it.

They are there to be got, i'm sure of it.
  • Options
    But from a Charlton perspective: they've just had an extra 120 minutes of football compared to us, and will now hopefully be distracted by the big game against United so will lose some points over Xmas. Or at least I hope they do...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]But from a Charlton perspective: they've just had an extra 120 minutes of football compared to us, and will now hopefully be distracted by the big game against United so will lose some points over Xmas. Or at least I hope they do...

I think it all helps our cause. Maybe, losing at Northwich was a good thing. I just wish Norwich would lose their way a bit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]But from a Charlton perspective: they've just had an extra 120 minutes of football compared to us, and will now hopefully be distracted by the big game against United so will lose some points over Xmas. Or at least I hope they do...

I think it all helps our cause. Maybe, losing at Northwich was a good thing. I just wish Norwich would lose their way a bit.
    They have a tradition of having a poor end of season run in....................Oh Damn, so do we ;-)
  • Options
    The Man Utd cup tie will definitely be a distraction for their fans - it's all they'll be talking about from now till Jan 3

if it affects the players as well, they could drop a few points
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If i was you i would be more worried about what Norwhich and Huddersfield are doing rather than Leeds, apart from Norwhich Huddersfield have been the best footballing side i have seen at Elland rd this season albeit they were fired up with it been a derby game and in all honesty should have taken all 3 points. As for the Man u game yes it will be a distraction but i am confident Grayson will not let them get carried away and by the time we play them i hope we have both pulled a little further away from the chasing pack.
  • Options
    If i was you i would be more worried about what Norwhich and Huddersfield are doing rather than Leeds, apart from Norwhich Huddersfield have been the best footballing side i have seen at Elland rd this season albeit they were fired up with it been a derby game and in all honesty should have taken all 3 points. As for the Man u game yes it will be a distraction but i am confident Grayson will not let them get carried away and by the time we play them i hope we have both pulled a little further away from the chasing pack.
  • Options
    Who gives a fuck what you think you fucking dirty fucking leeds fuck
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oaky white[/cite]If i was you i would be more worried about what Norwhich and Huddersfield are doing rather than Leeds, apart from Norwhich Huddersfield have been the best footballing side i have seen at Elland rd this season albeit they were fired up with it been a derby game and in all honesty should have taken all 3 points. As for the Man u game yes it will be a distraction but i am confident Grayson will not let them get carried away and by the time we play them i hope we have both pulled a little further away from the chasing pack.

So on their trips to Elland rd, we got a point, Huddersfield got a point and Norwich got none. So we matched and bettered their results, so who cares if they played better football?

Huddersfield played better football than us at the Valley and we beat them 2-1.

If playing better football won you everything then Arsenal would be champions.
  • Options
    say what you think shag
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Then going by your theory there chris, Leeds will be champions!They dont play the pretty stuff like us, Norwich and Huddersfield!I watched Leeds on tv against Us and Norwich and in both games the away team looked the much much better side! In particular the norwich game, i thought they got absolutely played off the park by them and god only knows how they managed to win, they didnt even look worthy of a draw. They hoof the ball from the back with that Kisnorbo and to be frank i think its only a matter of time until they get sussed out and their almighty luck will end!One thing is for sure, Leeds fans better pray they go up automatically because they havent got any bottle when it comes to the play offs!
  • Options
    I think the 25 x factor dancers I met last night all get it
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Steady on, Shag .....Oakey's not giving us any Edit: sugar.

There you go, Shag!

;o)
  • Options
    Yeah I know mate , it made me feel better though . And can you blank out your swear word please
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Yeah I know mate , it made me feel better though . And can you blank out your swear word please

LOL, Your on form today Shag!