Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lucky lucky Leeds

1235»

Comments

• Options
    how many has Holt got now?

how much did they pay for him?
  • Options
    a lot less than we paid for VARNEY,McCLEOD & GRAY
  • Options
    i find it mildly amusing that at the same time as we were signing 2 of the above tossers, i watched a player called wes hoolihan give one of the most accomplished performances i had ever seen at wembley for Blackpool against Yeovil in the play off finals I think they signed him permantley from a scottish first division team that summer for about £200k.Christ Pardew was a c**t wasn't he !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Wes Hoolahoop was said to have been free for Blackpool - may have paid a small ammount for his loan. Hoolahan is said to be on near ten grand a week at Norwich. Stimson said he tried to sign him but was told by Norwich what he was on, said that it ammounted to what half his first team are on collectively.

Whilst I would have liked Hoolahan to have signed for us, a small beautifully balanced footballer with average pace would have done nothing with our mini-me deep lying midfield and misfit frontline. Didn't help Norwich who were even more anemic than us.
  • Options
    Are they catchable yet?
  • Options
    Norwich will certainly think so
  • Options
    Some nasty games upcoming for them too

9 points from our upcoming 3 games would be a treat

all we can do Is keep winning
  • Options
    They should be caught by both us and Norwich next Saturday. I think the cup has distracted them and a good result against Spuds may further do so. Even a bad result might be good as they will then definitely be on a bad run.

It must affect them that 2 clubs will have caught up with what looked like an unassailable lead - next few weeks will be very interesting.
  • Options
    Ive said it from the start, Norwich are not the team we should be watching!Hoolahan is an absolute genious for them lot and they will undoubtedly win the league!Leeds are the team that can faulter, we just need to play our own game and i think we could find ourselves in that second position come the end of the season.
  • Options
    Leeds fan mate of mine definitely getting the wind up. Can forsee play-off and disaster emerging. Wants Beckford out the door and a cup exit asap!

Next 3 games will define our season IMO. We have had a couple of chances already this season to cement our position in the top two (xmas period the most recent) and shot ourselves in the foot. 3rd time lucky over the next few weeks I hope. Surely Norwich are also due a setback or two soon!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Breaking News on Sky Sports: Jermaine Beckford withdraws transfer request.

Bollox
  • Options
    "After a lot of thinking over the last few days I have decided to withdraw my transfer request and commit my immediate future to Leeds United," he said.

"It was never a comfortable decision to ask for a transfer in the first place, but after the game against Manchester United and the unbelievable reaction from the Leeds United supporters in the Wycombe match I have decided I want to finish what I have been striving to do for the last two seasons - and that is to help promote Leeds United out of a division which the club doesn't belong.

"Every time I put on the Leeds United shirt I give 100 per cent and can assure the fans, the manager and everyone connected with the club that I will continue to do that."
  • Options
    be gone by the weekend then, offer from the toon not enough, if the baggies beat the toon then beckford will 100% go there
  • Options
    "... commit my immediate future ..."

He's obviously off in the close season then ... I just wonder if Leeds have done a behind-the-scenes deal with another club to retain his services until season end but still somehow cash in during the summer even though he is out of contract.

Obviously cannot be the case because football is such an ethical sport ... allegedly. ;-)
  • Options
    Probably was not offered the deal he wanted
  • Options
    And when sold and not transfer listed, will get more wonga, not that i am cynical
    and all that:>)
  • Options
    not as good as people (and he) thinks he is IMO. I actually was more concerned they would sell and bring in Bill Sharp who I reckon is better.
  • Options
    I bet Wealdstone are raging. Still think he could be off before the window closes, but if he stays, it'll probably be because doing that means transferring money eventually from Ken Bates' bank account (and Wealdstone's) into his.
  • Options
    The truth is that Leeds were prepared to sell him because they wanted the 2 million quid for him as they want extra funds to buy CCC class players for next season - when he won't be at the club anyway.

However, Newcastle were not offering enough cash and Leeds on and off-field management, especially after the 1-1 with Wycombe, began to have second thoughts about selling him because they feared they might flunk it in the League if they sold him.

In addition, they also fancied that with him in the side they might be able to have a very, very decent FAC run and make a nice few quid from that.

On the downside, they know that even if they are promoted that he will walk on a free in the summer and go to either a lower Premiership side or a wealthier CCC side and they will lose out on the 2 million.

You have to give Bates credit on this one, Beckford and his "people" have apparently been trying to extort a huge wage for Beckford in League one (he's already their top earner on 6K per week) - to be increased when they are promoted to the CCC.

Bates does not want to pay unsustainable wages because once you give it to Beckford then you have to give it to every player that you want to keep that makes the same demand - that's partly how they ended up in League One in the first place.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]The truth is that Leeds were prepared to sell him because they wanted the 2 million quid for him as they want extra funds to buy CCC class players for next season - when he won't be at the club anyway.

However, Newcastle were not offering enough cash and Leeds on and off-field management, especially after the 1-1 with Wycombe, began to have second thoughts about selling him because they feared they might flunk it in the League if they sold him.

In addition, they also fancied that with him in the side they might be able to have a very, very decent FAC run and make a nice few quid from that.

On the downside, they know that even if they are promoted that he will walk on a free in the summer and go to either a lower Premiership side or a wealthier CCC side and they will lose out on the 2 million.

You have to give Bates credit on this one, Beckford and his "people" have apparently been trying to extort a huge wage for Beckford in League one (he's already their top earner on 6K per week) - to be increased when they are promoted to the CCC.

Bates does not want to pay unsustainable wages because once you give it to Beckford then you have to give it to every player that you want to keep that makes the same demand - that's partly how they ended up in League One in the first place.

£6k a week for Beckford, £8k a week for Moo2, £5k a week for Christensen.

What a c*** Pardew was!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't speak in the past tense Len!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]The truth is that Leeds were prepared to sell him because they wanted the 2 million quid for him as they want extra funds to buy CCC class players for next season - when he won't be at the club anyway.

If Leeds do get promoted then he'd be mad to leave them and sign for another Championship side. But money talks so he'll probably end up at Hull or Burnley or whoever gets relegated.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]The truth is that Leeds were prepared to sell him because they wanted the 2 million quid for him as they want extra funds to buy CCC class players for next season - when he won't be at the club anyway.

Bates does not want to pay unsustainable wages because once you give it to Beckford then you have to give it to every player that you want to keep that makes the same demand - that's partly how they ended up in League One in the first place.[/quote]

If Leeds do get promoted then he'd be mad to leave them and sign for another Championship side. But money talks so he'll probably end up at Hull or Burnley or whoever gets relegated.[/quote]

Or, more likely, he will join whoever it is that gets promoted from the CCC this season for a very, very tasty signing on fee indeed and get a season in the Premiership to see if he is up to it there.
  • Options
    I would have still rather that he left....