Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ambrose

Comments

• Options
    Evening All,

Not here to gloat despite an excellent victory against a very good side...I must admit, Ambrose does have a habit of disappearing in matches more so than our other midfielders. He's been excellent though overall, against Forest the other week he was fantastic and today he did well and is more composed than any of our strikers, a really calm finish.

10 goals in 20 games, we would be nowhere without his goals and although he's been arguably the signing of the championship, we'll be screwed if his goals dry up!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]''Oh for goodness sake chill out you pompous prig.''

I presume that mean you don't agree? What a charming way of expressing a comradely difference of opinion!

On reflection, the knee jerk personal insult doesn't become me.
    What I meant was I found your comments in that particular post insufferably pompous and patronising
    Glad to see Ambrose doing well, although one wishes it was for a team other than Palace. He was one of the classiest, most talented players we've had at Charlton in recent years but was ill-used by both management and fans.

As Kap 10 says, you have to wonder why people feel the need to come on here and tell us they don't care about Ambrose with such vehemence and abuse ...

Well, we may not be as articulate or educated as you, Nigel, but we are all entitled to an opinion.
    Ambrose was I think a very frustrating player, hence the passionate reaction from some quarters.
    I gave mine earlier in the thread so I'm not going to re-tread/ prattle on any longer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]'

To some fans football is black or white and someone like Ambrose is sums that sentiment perfectly. If he had been a great success with us and chosen to leave to join Palace he would have been a Judas. By the same token, having underchieved with us, some go into denial and refuse to accept that he really could ever have been that good.

True.

I don't like him due to his performances with us.

However, he now has a good manager - one I'd have been happy to have even when we were in The Championship.

I can't bring myself to dislike him more because his now doing well, but I can dislike him equally as much as before because he plays for Palace, whether he's doing well or not. Anyway, as long as they don't go up, who cares?
  • Options
    Again............................
  • Options
    The difference is Ambrose has a manager with confidence in HIM and it's showing ....
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Enough Ambrose already! I really couldn't care less how he performs for Palace tbh, he was shite with us and shite with Newcastle, shite on loan at Ipswich and now he is at last chance saloon and it would be pretty shocking if that fact didn't wake the shite out of him. Warnock must have told him this and with the ensuing rocket he's doing well. About f@cking time he got his finger out of his arse and played decently for someone because it sure as feck wasn't for us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Enough Ambrose already! I really couldn't care less how he performs for Palace tbh, he was shite with us and shite with Newcastle, shite on loan at Ipswich and now he is at last chance saloon and it would be pretty shocking if that fact didn't wake the shite out of him. Warnock must have told him this and with the ensuing rocket he's doing well. About f@cking time he got his finger out of his arse and played decently for someone because it sure as feck wasn't for us.

Pilchard old son, you are spot on with that post in every comment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Enough Ambrose already! I really couldn't care less how he performs for Palace tbh, he was shite with us and shite with Newcastle, shite on loan at Ipswich and now he is at last chance saloon and it would be pretty shocking if that fact didn't wake the shite out of him. Warnock must have told him this and with the ensuing rocket he's doing well. About f@cking time he got his finger out of his arse and played decently for someone because it sure as feck wasn't for us.

Absolutely spot on, Pilchie.
  • Options

Can I just say thankyou for not overworking him while he was at your place, he certainly seems to have been well rested, and Palace are benefiting very nicely. He may well just score enough for us to sneak into the playoffs, have you got anyone else up your sleeves you could give away to us?
  • Options
    Get back to dipping the bins eh.

Another big crowd again?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Get back to dipping the bins eh.

Another big crowd again?

It was a lot bigger than your's yesterday, how many was it?

Oh sorry it was FA cup day wasn't it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Get back to dipping the bins eh.

Another big crowd again?

It was a lot bigger than your's yesterday, how many was it?

Oh sorry it was FA cup day wasn't it?

Touche - LOL
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]

Can I just say thankyou for not overworking him while he was at your place, he certainly seems to have been well rested, and Palace are benefiting very nicely. He may well just score enough for us to sneak into the playoffs, have you got anyone else up your sleeves you could give away to us?

As I said quite extensively he has been a bag of useless toss throughout most of his career and now uncle Neil is offering a last chance and thus far has grabbed it, I am sure Palace have had many players who stankout Selhurst and thrived elsewhere, nobody wanted Ambrose here as he had hit the comfort zone and delivered nothing beyond a reasonably useful first season. And No.
  • Options
    [/quote]

Can I just say thankyou for not overworking him while he was at your place, he certainly seems to have been well rested, and Palace are benefiting very nicely. He may well just score enough for us to sneak into the playoffs, have you got anyone else up your sleeves you could give away to us?[/quote]

We're a generous lot in that respect Budgie. It took us ten years to finally get Lisbie fit and then we gave him away Colchester.
    Before that we spent god know's how much trying to get Ricardo Fuller fit and then let him go as well.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite][/quote]

Can I just say thankyou for not overworking him while he was at your place, he certainly seems to have been well rested, and Palace are benefiting very nicely. He may well just score enough for us to sneak into the playoffs, have you got anyone else up your sleeves you could give away to us?[/quote]

We're a generous lot in that respect Budgie. It took us ten years to finally get Lisbie fit and then we gave him away Colchester.
    Before that we spent god know's how much trying to get Ricardo Fuller fit and then let him go as well.[/quote]

As written elsewhere, No one hates us, we don't care!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]nobody wanted Ambrose here

Erm? no not everyone, I always thought we were more creative with him in the team. Ok so he never really got going goals wise with us but the assists were key.
  • Options
    There are a lot of reasons why Ambrose never realised his potetential with us, one of which was playing him on the wing, constant injuries includingn the hip problem which was not diagnosed for a couple of seasons, requiring an operation ans reasonably long recuperation prior to his last season, playing for Pardew, who nobody thrved unde. it was not all down to a lazy player - he was never going to be a box to box player.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I dont think many of us wanted him here during the last few seasons Dazzler- where he delivered absolutely feck all. Decent enough for his opening season then down the gurgler in my view. I wonder if that will happen at Palace, a good season then .........off the radar, flash in the pan etc? And to be honest I couldn't give a flying f@ck about him or what he does for Palace.
  • Options
    He never ever provided anywhere near top assists, apart from 1/2 a season when Andy Reid was in the team. He is dog shite unless given space, and other players work like madmen for him getting that space.

Play him in the center with competitive players and in the champ he can be an asset. Play him in a midfield who are scared of competing, and on the wing and he'll be dog shite. 99% of Charlton fans know this, plenty of halfwit managers are idiot to this. Fortunately you have Warnock who loves nuttily competitive players, but also recognises how to get the best out of mercurial touch players.

I am pleased for him, and I am pleased he is nowhere near our first team as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]He never ever provided anywhere near top assists, apart from 1/2 a season when Andy Reid was in the team. He is dog shite unless given space, and other players work like madmen for him getting that space.

Play him in the center with competitive players and in the champ he can be an asset. Play him in a midfield who are scared of competing, and on the wing and he'll be dog shite. 99% of Charlton fans know this, plenty of halfwit managers are idiot to this. Fortunately you have Warnock who loves nuttily competitive players, but also recognises how to get the best out of mercurial touch players.

I am pleased for him, and I am pleased he is nowhere near our first team as well.

Spot on analysis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so will anyone be joining his facebook group - Darren Ambrose for England?
  • Options
    Good point about Ambrose needing space, probably part of the reason most of our best performances under Pardew were against teams that tried to play football, attack us and gave us more time and space on the ball. That suited Ambrose, as it did Zheng, Sam etc.
  • Options
    You chavs must be pig sick!
    A player who is now worth over a £million and you gave him to us.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha.
    How are you enjoying League One tossers?
  • Options
    you dating him roy?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: supa al[/cite]You chavs must be pig sick!
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha.
    How are you enjoying League One tossers?[/quote]

Yeah, I heard Barca, Real and Milan are all desperate to sign him on the back of half a decent season in the CCC after five years of shite when he could not even get a game in our declining team.

Bit sad really when Darren Ambrose is your star player.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supa al[/cite]You chavs must be pig sick!
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

LOL ...... loving league one, best season for at least 4 years..... getting back to playing football.....

Ambrose, well he was always rucbbish for us, flashe and I mean rare flashes, so good luck to him, as for Palace.... well they can only get a day in the sun when we move our own shadow out the way.... enjoy it while you can becasue it won't last.....

Hardly setting the division alight are you......

We on the other hand cant stop scoring 4's and 5's....
  • Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Enjoy your ban!
  • Options
    Has he broken his leg yet ?
  • Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

lol but you don't care about us¡ yeah that's right you get an upside down exclamation mark and here's another¡
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Enjoy your ban!
    why hasn't he been banned?