Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your First Pub Drink ?

edited November 2009 in Not Sports Related
Can you remember where you had your first drink in a pub ? struggling here might have been the Red Barn in Barnehurst for me.

Comments

• Options
    The Woodman, Blackfen.
  • Options
    The Bull in St Paul's Cray, circa 1968...
  • Options
    Guy Earl of Warwick, next to Bexley United's ground in Welling, 1970
  • Options
    William Camden , bexleyheath
  • Options
    The Royal Standard - Public bar, Blackheath age 16.
  • Options
    think it was a fosters, but cant stand the stuff now lol

where was it..... in tunbridge wells wetherspoons im guessing when i was 16 :-)
  • Options
    cutty sark, greenwich. age 16.
  • Options
    Sun In The Sands nearly 20 years ago...
  • Options
    Duke of Edinburgh aka The Corner Pin London Rd Crayford. Am not admitting to the age as it was either given to me by the landlord, my parents or their friends. Times were different then :-D
  • Options
    Remember it well!

Station Hotel, Sidcup. If you had a bit of bum fluff you'd get served!

Pint of Mild and Bitter (cheapest mix) 1s 9d (about 9p now to you whippersnappers!)

Around 1968/69 (I was 15)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Ship Plumstead common 1985
  • Options
    The Odds or Walnut Dartford
  • Options
    The Crown, Northolt....Xmas 1983. Pint of Websters.
  • Options
    The Bull - Beasley's pub at the top of Shooters Hill, so I was 15/16. Grerat old fashioned pub though. Anyone remember 'Beefeater' snacks; it made up the total for a pint to half a crown.

Don't think I ever drank Beasleys again, moved onto Light and Bitter in the Old Roan club after football then, as you do, to Lager. After that the Jolly Woodman in Beckenham was my local for close on 30 years.
  • Options
    Railway Tavern Slade Green
  • Options
    Think I had some stupid kiddy alcopop when I was 16/17 in the Blacksmith Arms in Orpington. That place is now an over 25s! First pint would have been shortly afterwards.
  • Options
    I was 14 on my lunch break at school. The ship inn, caister on sea, norfolk
  • Options
    The Greyhound, Eltham.
  • Options
    Couple years back was huge rumours that the Rail Way Tav Slade Green was to be an Asylum seekers hostal ? not sure if that went ahead. It dosnt look like a pub anymore.
  • Options
    Erith and Belvedere's ground - I was playing for their youth team about 17 years ago - I was 16

Christmas party
    Me and a few school mates
    McEwans export (5 pints)
    I remember 10pm arriving then the next thing I knew I was sitting next to my dad, in his car, it was 1am and my mate was puking out of the back door.

Epic night - but never drank McEwans again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lord Raglan - Burrage Road Woolwich
  • Options
    Anchor in Hope on Shooters Hill, 16 years old, me and a mate walked in and ordered in a deep voice 2 pints of Courage Best and got change out of a £1 note for the juke box. Happy days !!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    First time pissed was 13 with a mate and a bottle of teachers. On our way to a 13th birthday party. Didn't make it. We both passed out on a bench half way there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Guy Earl of Warwick, next to Bexley United's ground in Welling, 1970

Ditto but 4 years later.
  • Options
    The Birdcage, off Columbia Road, E1, when I was 16 I think.

Could barely see over the bar!
  • Options
    The Beech Tree in Bromley. Prob 1992

Several cans of Hooch......and some sick.
  • Options
    Punch Bowl Covent Garden

School trip to see Joseph (Jason Donovan was awesome)
  • Options
    the Ivy Leaf - Dartford 1994.
  • Options
    Robin Hood and Little John..... Bexleyheath

The landlord is still the same Ray .J.
  • Options
    Around 1983 (I was 15-16) The Woodman, Hill Reach, Charlton/Woolwich borders.

First one thrown out of for being underage, around 1984, The Dover Patrol, Kidbrooke, sadly no longer with us.