Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your First Pub Drink ?

Comments

• Options
    The Castle in Saltwood. Pint of Whitbread mild. Oh, those were the days.........
  • Options
    Rose of Lee on Lee High Road at the ahe of 14 andThe Venue also at the age of 14. I was also the captain of the The Valley Club pool team at the age of 15
  • Options
    Red Lion in Foots Cray. Aged 14. Pint of Boddingtons at £1.20. mmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    Wellington at Waterloo for me as a 16 year old bunking off a school trip...we were all just just pleased to get served!
  • Options
    The Royal Standard - Public bar, Blackheath age 16.
    Age 14 there for me -  light ale
  • Options
    the cutty sark in greenwich, about 1987.
  • Options
    1973. The Wat Tyler corner of Bullace Lane Dartford. Light and bitter for about 18p if memory serves. Second pint about half hour later in the Eleven Cricketers East Hill Dartford whilst enjoying a game of bar billiards.
  • Options
    The Crown in Eltham in the early 60's (decade that is, not my age!)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Gawd! I can't remember. Used to drink "lager" on tap (rubbish like Harp), until I was shown the light. I remember being thrown out of the Norbury Hotel when I was 16, not for being under-age but for playing cards for money.
  • Options

The Crook Log in Bexleyheath with my classmates before a roller disco at the sports centre.Apart from us (about 6) a few old boys at the bar . Paul a New Zealander cracking cans of Tescos own beer and filling his glass.We were all 14/15 years old in 82/83 and I knocked myself out at the roller disco! Never the greatest on skates and the beer didn't help and a mates Dad had to drive me home to Sidcup.

My first legal one was in the Alma in Sidcup on my 18th.I remember my Dad keeping quite as I had been using the pub since I was 16 and went every Sunday lunch time with him.The laugh though was my 21st when me and a couple of mates staggered in to The Alma after an all dayer and a mate of my Dads asked John the landlord for a bottle of champagne.I near shat my self when John gave me a dirty look as he realised Id been drinking in there for 5 years but he never said anything thankfully.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A pint of Courage Best in The Carpenters Arms in Eltham High Street circa 1981 where the Next store is now.I used to play pool upstairs with my mate Paul and his two older brothers as it was the only place i could get away with it as i looked about 12..and even when i was 18 i used to have to carry my birth cert with me to get a beer.
  • Options
    Crown and Cushion, Woolwich in the late 80's. No longer there now
  • Options
    Dulwich Hamlet FC social club after training around 1976, aged 16, or Duke of Cambridge in Lewisham (opposite the Odeon) after 5-a-side on Blackheath around the same time.

What could beat a Lager after working up a thirst playing football. No sports science in the 70's.

Anyone else remember the Lewisham Borough Junior 5-a-side summer leagues at the parks?
  • Options
    Aged 16 or17 at a dodgy pub in Forest Hill, now long gone. Light and bitter was the bevvy of the day. Far preferred a shandy but would never admit it.
    Also recall having a couple of lagers in Switzerland, with the fancy flip off top on a school trip aged 16. Wondrous that we were served alcohol! The three of us were well plastered after two beers each!.
  • Options
    Fox under the hill / hungry horse shooters hill when I was 16

This was my local in the 70's.  We had one hell of a pool team!
  • Options
    Still go in there now 15 years later from time to time, it's a dive but no everyone and it's at the end of my road
  • Options
    it was a dive in my day too :)
  • Options
    light and bitter in the red barn .Public bar next to the bar billiards . cost 16 p
  • Options

A pint of fremlins in the Hare and Hounds, Bidborough.

96p.  I thought I'd gone to heaven when I tasted that drink.

• Options
    Rochester Way Social Club, circa 1967
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fremlins! Happy days.

Wetherheads was a good drop too.

• Options
    baring hotel grove park 1972

light and bitter 25pence
  • Options

Camden Arms in Sevenoaks in 1995, aged 15, a boring pint of Fosters. Became a regular in there along with a few mates - landlord was not impressed 3 years later when, over the space of a few months, all of us celebrated our 18th birthdays in his boozer, particularly as one of my mates had been working behind the bar for him for the previous year.

Prior to drinking in pubs, we generally spent our Friday nights in a park or at a bus stop drinking MD20/20, the choice of champions! 

• Options

The George, Bexley Village.  Christmas 1982 aged 15.  Surprised not to see more folk starting out in the George.  Notorious underage drinking pub that it was!

Pint of bitter, not sure what it was though.  Seem to remember kids from year below me at school were in there also!!

Have authorities cracked down on this since?

• Options
    For a proper pub it was The Crown in Sundridge Park. Before that though, Langtrees in Beckenham.
  • Options
    I think they are stricter now,remember going to the pub at the top of Gravel Hill and being the golden oldie aged 17.Started work at 16 in Greenwich then until I was 18 worked at Charlton,Woolwich and Plumstead used numerous pubs,never got asked for ID let alone refused service.
  • Options

Crayford dog track, I worked there collecting glasses at the tender age of 14, and had a pint after work 5 nights a week lol

NAUGHTY BOY !!!

• Options
    Rochester Way Social Club, circa 1967
  • Options
    Not sure if I remember. Maybe the Daylight Inn in Petts Wood listening to the Bluebeat & Ska. Circa 1968. Yeh Mon!
  • Options

In the early 80's no one asked for ID, they just served you or didn't. What could you use anyway? Only your passport really. Very different nowdays.

Does make me laugh when in Sainsburys when I'm buying booze and the girl on the checkout has to get some adult to oversee the sale.....same girl(s) I see drinking in my local every weekend!