Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC Fixtures, Results & News

Comments

• Options

Just heard Tredwell has gone on loan - where to? bit late in the season to go out on loan?

Sussex.
    Tredders is actually playing for us today in the CC against Essex. The thought must be that it will be a bit of a "bunsen burner" because Riley is playing too.

Good job we won the toss then and are batting ;-)

• Options
    Take that back as D B-D is out already.

1-1.
  • Options
    Afraid it goes from bad to worse. Key gone now.

1-2.
  • Options
    Oh Dear. Just debating popping down there. Might not bother now.
  • Options
    my nephew is making his debut for essex today.
    Good luck Jamie Porter
  • Options
    On the subject of Rob Key, I am guessing that this will be his last season. He has scored just 533 runs for 23 innings which equates to an average of 23.17 and in recent seasons the story hasn't been much better.

• Options
    Definitely time to Key to retire.

Been a great servant, but a life of punditry awaits.

Hopefully those wages can be put towards new players rather than disappearing into a hole.
  • Options
    13-3. Nash gone.
  • Options
    oh dear - wonder if Essex would have bat if they won the toss.
  • Options
    14-4

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nash the latest And Masters 3-5. He hasn't had a bad career since he left us a decade ago ;-(
  • Options
    lol - Stevens hits Masters for 6 third ball he receives.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    MrOneLung said:

Good luck Jamie Porter

Good luck to him.

The way it's going though he might not get a bowl!

36-4
  • Options

Nash the latest And Masters 3-5. He hasn't had a bad career since he left us a decade ago ;-(

Invariably bowls well against us.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

MrOneLung said:

Good luck Jamie Porter

Good luck to him.

36-4
    wicket - 5th ball !!!!!!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

LenGlover said:

MrOneLung said:

Good luck Jamie Porter

Good luck to him.

36-4
    wicket - 5th ball !!!!!!!
    Me and my size 12 gob!
  • Options
    A small sample I know but Yorkshire playing their nearest rivals, Notts, for the Division 1 title are 101 without loss with both openers, Lyth and Lees having reached 50. They also don't have anyone in their top seven older than 26 playing in this match.

We, by contrast, are 41-5 in division 2 and have players aged 35, 36 and 38 in our top six. We do need a balance but probably Nash as well as Key need to go to free up funds to get in that top class experienced batsman.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

A small sample I know but Yorkshire playing their nearest rivals, Notts, for the Division 1 title are 101 without loss with both openers, Lyth and Lees having reached 50. They also don't have anyone in their top seven older than 26 playing in this match.

We, by contrast, are 41-5 in division 2 and have players aged 35, 36 and 38 in our top six. We do need a balance but probably Nash as well as Key need to go to free up funds to get in that top class experienced batsman.

To be fair Nash is averaging around the 40 mark and Stevens, when you take into account the 47 wickets (and counting hopefully) that he has taken, has also had a decent season with the bat. Fat Bob, sadly, has definitely underperformed though.
  • Options
    Would happily see the back of Key, Nash and Harmison after this season. Free up funds to get a good overseas batsman in, and then let DBD, Northeast, Billings, Cowdrey etc take more responsibility as they are the ones that have performed this season.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

To be fair Nash is averaging around the 40 mark and Stevens, when you take into account the 47 wickets (and counting hopefully) that he has taken, has also had a decent season with the bat. Fat Bob, sadly, has definitely underperformed though.
    For that reason I didn't include Stevens in the proposed "cull". The point is that this is Division 2 and whilst Nash has done a job this is pretty low standard stuff

We need to free not one but two places in the top six to accommodate the likes of Cowdrey (and possibly Blake plus Billings will be itching to move up the order) and that top class overseas player previously mentioned so that has to be Nash and/or Harmison.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    75-5 at lunch
  • Options

LenGlover said:

For that reason I didn't include Stevens in the proposed "cull". The point is that this is Division 2 and whilst Nash has done a job this is pretty low standard stuff

We need to free not one but two places in the top six to accommodate the likes of Cowdrey (and possibly Blake plus Billings will be itching to move up the order) and that top class overseas player previously mentioned so that has to be Nash and/or Harmison.
    I can see where you are coming from but even with a decent overseas player our batting resources are very thin on the ground. Cowdrey has done nothing in the four day game, though I think he will in time, and Blake is just not good enough which is a shame as he can do a job in the one day stuff. I hope Adam Ball's batting continues to develop as he might provide some sort of answer. His bowling seems to have fallen away sadly.
  • Options
    120-6. Billings out for 51. Northeast 44*.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    136-8

Northeast 57*
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Blimey, just read the last 30 odd pages of this thread......[edit: He says, reaching for his "happy" pills"....]

At least we beat slurrey.
  • Options

Kent County Cricket Club - Official
    Just now ·
    After 50 overs Kent 149/8
    Northeast 70* Riley 0*
    ‪#‎ESSvKEN‬
  • Options

Blimey, just read the last 30 odd pages of this thread......[edit: He says, reaching for his "happy" pills"....]

At least we beat slurrey.

lol MOG welcome back.
  • Options
    In the circumstances a great innings from Northeast - 102* out of 183-9.
  • Options
    Hell of a knock this from Sam.
  • Options
    Northeast actually went to his 100 with a six off Panesar!!!