Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC Fixtures, Results & News

Comments

• Options
    Would love to see someone like McClaren back in the team.
  • Options

...minus his brolly.

:-)

• Options

Good call though he seems heavily involved with SA ODI team at the moment.

It's amazing to think that at that we had McClaren, Van Jaarsveld, Kemp, Stevens and Azhar Mahmood in our team - all capable of taking the opposition bowling apart. And they were supplemented by Denly, Key and Jones.
  • Options
    Mark Davies has had to retire due to injury. All the best Mark.
  • Options
    CHG said:

Mark Davies has had to retire due to injury. All the best Mark.

Totally agree. Davies had so many injuries in his career and but for those would have been knocking on England's door especially in the early part of his career 315 First Class wickets at 22.42 is as good as it gets.

• Options
    Yes, very good stats for the boy.
  • Options
    Surrey have just completed a Kent style collapse. Chasing 217 to win, they went from 106-1 to 189 all out to lose by 27 runs.

You don't like to see that ;-)
  • Options
    Surrey....

• Options
    In a match that means very little to us we are currently 65-2 against Hants.

Two of the main candidates to leave us at the end of the season, Key and Harmison are the ones back in the hutch.

And guess who has figures of 2-14 off 7 overs? Yes it is, of course, Matt Coles.
  • Options
    86-3. Nash gone for 39. D B-D 33* off exactly 100 balls.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    D B-D reaches another 50. Northeast 14*.

119-3.
  • Options
    190-3 and a 104 unbeaten stand between D B-D (83) and Northeast (46).
  • Options
    D B-D gets his hundred and with Northeast (66) they have now put on 141.

227-3.
  • Options
    Well batted DBD
  • Options
    312-3 at close.

A great recovery and fantastic undefeated partnership of 226 between our two centurions, D B-D (135) and Northeast (115).
  • Options
    May I venture a comment now that today's play is over ?

Fantastic young guns !!!!!!!

That's all for now ...
  • Options
    I was up Fanny Gardens today, and thought we will surely be out for less than 100 if either of us comment!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    MrOneLung said:

I was up Fanny Gardens today, and thought we will surely be out for less than 100 if either of us comment!

You must have been VERY inconspicuous, MOL ....

:-)

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I desperately want Kent to win this. Keeps Essex in the hunt for promotion :P
  • Options
    356-5.

Northeast out for 128 & Stevens gone for 4. D B-D still going strong on 150.

Don't know what they would have done without Coles (25-7-67-4)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    D B-D gone for a magnificent 153. He batted for almost 114 overs - fantastic levels of concentration.

371-6. Should see some fireworks from Billings as I'm sure he won't have too much faith with our tail.
  • Options
    406-6 at lunch. Billings 34* & Haggett 18*.
  • Options
    D B-D needs 65 runs from a potential 3 innings (in reality 2 probably) to get 1,000 runs in county championship matches. He already has his thousand in all matches.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

D B-D needs 65 runs from a potential 3 innings (in reality 2 probably) to get 1,000 runs in county championship matches. He already has his thousand in all matches.

Come on, D B-D ! You can do it !!!!

• Options
    If Key does retire and we let Harmy go then, providing the money is now there, I could see this line up pressing for promotion:

1. D B-D
    2. Overseas Bat
    3. Nash
    4. Northeast
    5. Cowdrey
    6. Billings
    7. Stevens
    8. Ball/Haggett
    9. Overseas Quickie
    10. Claydon/Griffiths/Hartley/Joseph
    11. Riley/Tredwell
  • Options
    Thought you could only have one overseas for championship cricket and two for twenty20?

Doesn't matter anyways kent probably haven't got enough money for one overseas let alone two.

Chief executive has already stated there won't be any major upheaval at the club which is a shame. Harmison nash and key need to go.
  • Options

Thought you could only have one overseas for championship cricket and two for twenty20?

Doesn't matter anyways kent probably haven't got enough money for one overseas let alone two.

Chief executive has already stated there won't be any major upheaval at the club which is a shame. Harmison nash and key need to go.

That is indeed correct re overseas players so the batsman would probably need to be someone from another county at the end of his contract with proven recent form. Look at what Will Smith has done at Hants since his move for example.

Don't forget we had enough money to pay for Bollinger this season. The new batsman would be funded by the money freed up from Key.

That's not a major upheaval. Just a couple in and a couple out but an improvement overall.

• Options
    Tredders wants out doesn't he? Although he can't be far off a benefit.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Tredders wants out doesn't he? Although he can't be far off a benefit.

From what I read elsewhere that is the "sweetner" for staying another year.

• Options
    454-7. Haggett run out for 34. Billings 64*.

As I indicated previously I could see him next season batting at 6 with Stevens moving down one. It must be gettinh hard for the old man to open the bowling and contribute in a meaningful way with the bat after all.