Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC Fixtures, Results & News

Comments

• Options
    198 A O. Northeast 117 so between him and Billings they scored all bar 30 of the runs.

Rather pathetic effort from the rest.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    Claydon strikes with the score on 0.
  • Options
    Kent Cricket ‏@kentcricket
    After 10 overs Essex 15/1.
    #ESSvKEN
  • Options
    38-2. One for Stevens.
  • Options
    67-4 and Stevo's 50 wickets for the season along with 700 + runs.
  • Options
    97-4 at the close
  • Options
    For Mr Onelung (if he hasn't already seen it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5AXDZ5-vXs

• Options
    Some stubborn resistance from Ryder and Foster who have so far put on over 80 for the 5th wicket.

Bit short on the medium pace front with Hunn going for 27 off 4 overs and Harmison's only over producing 13.

Essex 148-4 and just 50 behind now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I should post more often ;-) Ryder gone to Claydon.

159-5 and we're still 39 ahead.
  • Options
    181-5 Tredders yet to turn his arm over despite the batters appearing to be comfortable against the medium pacers.

Why play him if he's not going to bowl?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

181-5 Tredders yet to turn his arm over despite the batters appearing to be comfortable against the medium pacers.

Why play him if he's not going to bowl?

Indeed Len.

Hunn, Harmy and even Riley have, in the context of this being a 4 day game, been having a bit of a hard time and returned 0-74 off 14 overs whereas Claydon and Stevens have been flogging themselves to bowl 45 overs for a return of 5-118.

It doesn't really make sense.

• Options
    201-5 now. Essex lead by 3 and counting.
  • Options
    215-6 wicket for Hunn finally!
  • Options
    220-6 at lunch
  • Options
    I have to say what a top pro James Foster has been - even if he does end up scoring a ton against us.

One of if not, along with Chris Read, the best wicket keeper in the game for the last decade, even if his batting wasn't considered good enough for Test cricket, he averages just over 37 in First Class cricket including 19 hundreds and 60 fifties from 237 matches.

That's in addition to his career tally in all forms of the game of 1155 catches and stumpings.

Coincidentally, Read (two years older than Foster) averages just under 37 from 307 First Class matches and has exactly 1500 victim to his name.

Both absolute credits to the game and their counties.
  • Options
    256-6 now.

In the context of a relatively low scoring game 58 and counting is a big first innings lead.

We will do well to avoid defeat from here.
  • Options

I have to say what a top pro James Foster has been - even if he does end up scoring a ton against us.

One of if not, along with Chris Read, the best wicket keeper in the game for the last decade, even if his batting wasn't considered good enough for Test cricket, he averages just over 37 in First Class cricket including 19 hundreds and 60 fifties from 237 matches.

That's in addition to his career tally in all forms of the game of 1155 catches and stumpings.

Coincidentally, Read (two years older than Foster) averages just under 37 from 307 First Class matches and has exactly 1500 victim to his name.

Both absolute credits to the game and their counties.

Make that 20 tons for Foster ;-(

325-6 and we are now 127 behind

• Options
    327-7

Napier gone to Mitch for 62
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's twice today I've managed to get a wicket within minutes of posting. Watch this space..............
  • Options
    Told yer...........328-8.

Stevens gets Masters.
  • Options
    Do either Essex or Kent stand a chance of promotion if they win this? I'm an Essex fan, but I reckon it won't happen this year. Again. Glad to see your nephew in the team Addick Addict... We've had rotten luck with bowlers this season through injuries, but it's good to see youngsters given chances and hopefully taking them.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Do either Essex or Kent stand a chance of promotion if they win this? I'm an Essex fan, but I reckon it won't happen this year. Again. Glad to see your nephew in the team Addick Addict... We've had rotten luck with bowlers this season through injuries, but it's good to see youngsters given chances and hopefully taking them.

Unfortunately it's not my nephew who is playing for Essex but MrOneLung's.

Though my son is currently in the Kent U11 squad so I hope in a few year's time to be announcing his debut for the first team on here. Hopefully against Essex ;-)
  • Options
    I tell you I've found the gift to destroy the opposition - 328 all out. 4 for Stevens and 5 for Claydon so we are 130 behind.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

Unfortunately it's not my nephew who is playing for Essex but MrOneLung's.

Though my son is currently in the Kent U11 squad so I hope in a few year's time to be announcing his debut for the first team on here. Hopefully against Essex ;-)
    That'll teach me to read the thread more carefully!
  • Options

I tell you I've found the gift to destroy the opposition - 328 all out. 4 for Stevens and 5 for Claydon so we are 130 behind.

Other way round. 5 Stevens 4 Claydon.

Good to see another team's tail collapse against us for once. Let's hope we bat better this time Northeast and Billings excepted of course.
  • Options
    Here we go again!

4-1 D B-D out for 1
  • Options
    Deja Vu 7 for 2 (I should have been a poet).

Harmy gone.
  • Options
    Surely Harmison's time as a professional cricketer is up?