Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

golds to takeover W Ham.

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Just heard on Radio 5 Live that The Gold's have announced that they are looking to takeover W Ham and hope to a deal tied up by the new year.

So thats that then.

Comments

• Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/8403457.stm
  • Options
    It's on the BBC Sport website now. According to them they have tabled an offer.

David Gold & David Sullivan offer to buy into West Ham
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Just heard on Radio 5 Live that The Gold's have announced that they are looking to takeover W Ham and hope to a deal tied up by the new year.

So thats that then.
    It must be - just like when Zabeel took over us.

Like anything regarding takeovers - I won't believe anything until it has happened and on the respective official sites.
  • Options
    O well once again we get hyped up to get let down again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]O well once again we get hyped up to get let down again.
    Who have we been let down by?
  • Options
    I always expected them to go for West ham anyway, hardly major news.
  • Options
    Ex-Birmingham owners David Sullivan and David Gold have tabled an offer to buy into West Ham, BBC Sport understands.

The duo would take a substantial shareholding for a nominal fee, promising to invest in the team in January and offer expertise.

They also want the option of buying the club outright at a later date.

West Ham are owned by CB Holding, a company made up of creditors of Hansa, which was owned by former chairman Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson.

CB Holding have appointed Rothschild and Standard Bank to try to find a new owner for the club.

"Several parties" have made approaches about the club and are involved in "an ongoing dialogue", according to a senior board member, but negotiations are still at a fairly early stage.

Gold and Sullivan sold Birmingham to Hong Kong billionaire Carson Yeung in October, ending their 16-year tenure at the club.

They bought the Blues for £1 and sold the club for £82m. The duo have a strong affiliation with West Ham and once owned a 30% stake in the Upton Park club.

Gold grew up opposite the Hammers' east London ground and represented the club as a youth player.

West Ham are currently 17th in the Premier League after being beaten 4-0 at home by an injury-depleted Manchester United side on Saturday.

They face a significant fixture off the field on Friday, when Straumur, who own a 70% stake in CB Holding, have a bankruptcy hearing in Reykjavik.

Straumur want to extend the "moratorium" which gives them breathing space from their creditors.

The moratorium is strongly expected to be extended for another nine months but if it is not, the company would go into liquidation and their assets, including West Ham, could be sold.
  • Options
    The duo would take a substantial shareholding for a nominal fee, promising to invest in the team in January and offer expertise.

They also want the option of buying the club outright at a later date.

Seems like a buy now/pay later deal and they won't at this stage be buying the whole club and therefore not risking all their money. Seems sensible if the numbers stack up.
  • Options
    They never intended to take us over and just used us to panic West Ham into dropping their asking price.
  • Options
    Didn't they make a similar "offer" a few weeks ago?

Certainly was told by a West Ham fan that they offered to take 50% of shares for nothing but put £40m to spend on the team.

Could be that the whole Charlton link was a ploy to encourage the WHU owners to play ball or maybe not. No direct quotes, "bbc understands" and even if true an offer is not a done deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A high profile (well as high profile as anything involving Charlton is!) visit to The Valley and the resulting speculation can be used as a bargaining chip.

Makes sense from their viewpoint.
  • Options
    Time will tell, but IMO this is a serious blow to our club & an absolute Godsend for West Ham.
  • Options
    Tabling a cursory offer, will be interesting when they have a further delve in the hammers accounts
  • Options
    So everything we touch doesn't turn to Gold ....?
  • Options
    good, feck em.
  • Options
    what no golden shower i was so looking forward to that
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    It is only an offer, we know they're interested in West Ham so we shouldn't be suprised - it could well be their final offer and I know of no reason to believe Wham's current owners are about to jump at it.

So this could conceivably be the precursor to a Charlton takeover by them.
  • Options
    Report in the Telegraph this morning suggests that Gold is 'expecting' the offer to be rejected, and has lined-up CAFC as alternative. "It is believed that a deal for the League One club may be agreed by the beginning of next month"
  • Options
    Contradicts this in yesterdays SLP.....

Six-week deadline for David Gold's Charlton takeover
  • Options
    I can't see West Ham not accepting this offer to buy into them. At the moment they haven't got a pot to piss in and any investment in the team come January could make all the difference to whether they stay up or go down. West Ham's debts are so enormous, I reckon that Gold and Sullivan are waiting for them to go into Admin and then they pick the club up for a song.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I can't see West Ham not accepting this offer to buy into them. At the moment they haven't got a pot to piss in and any investment in the team come January could make all the difference to whether they stay up or go down. West Ham's debts are so enormous, I reckon that Gold and Sullivan are waiting for them to go into Admin and then they pick the club up for a song.

How much have Gold and Sullivan offered?

£1 like at Birmingham? Will WHU accept that. Have they offered anything at all?

Also odd that know it is Gold AND Sullivan for WHU but if was just Gold for Charlton.

When the Zebeel offer was announced we had every paper running a different story every day about Zebeel switching to West ham, Everton, Liverpool, Fulham and Allah knows who else. None of them had a scooby before the deal and then just made stuff up afterwards.

The various papers are contradicting themselves which makes me think they don't know what is happening now either but have a story that they can keep running by adding a new twist everyday.

When I see Gold and/or Sullivan standing with a West Ham or Charlton scarf above his head on whichever club's website it turns out to be then I will believe it.

Until then, stay calm and carry on.

LLL&BH
  • Options
    He must have been impressed on Saturday.
  • Options
    Telegraph article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/westham/6763921/David-Gold-and-David-Sullivan-set-to-make-takeover-offer-for-West-Ham.html

Neither Gold nor Sullivan is confident that a deal will go through and, it is understood, the pair have earmarked a move for Charlton Athletic as an alternative. It is believed that a deal for the League One club may be agreed by the beginning of next month.

We'll see...
  • Options
    You'd think West Ham would accept their offer but there will undoubtedly be other offers on the table for the club that Gold and Sullivan will be unable to match - which is where we might come in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]He must have been impressed on Saturday.

He didn't even bother looking at you lot pal, so don't be so bloody cocky!!
  • Options
    Personally, I cannot see any merit in buying club who have made a £30M loss this year alone. I suppose you have to include the £19M owed to Sheffield in that and whatever sum has to be paid to Curbs. That would mean approx. £10M is the average annual loss to the club but then again they do have a lot of players on silly wages. It would a gamble pumping money into a sinking ship and there's no guarantee they will stay up. Perhaps there's more to it than we think because I cannot see any profit in the club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]You'd think West Ham would accept their offer but there will undoubtedly be other offers on the table for the club that Gold and Sullivan will be unable to match - which is where we might come in.

Really? from whom?
  • Options
    "Other prospective buyers have also emerged, including Air Asia founder Tony Fernandes, and the London-based financial company, Intermarket.
    Intermarket have this week indicated that they are still seriously considering making an offer, and could make a move as early as next week."

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport/4784561.WEST_HAM__Gold_and_Sullivan_prepare_takeover_bid/
  • Options
    "prospective buyers"

Not quite the same as an "offer on the table"

We shall see.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]He must have been impressed on Saturday.

He didn't even bother looking at you lot pal, so don't be so bloody cocky!!
    lol