Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

golds to takeover W Ham.

1235»

Comments

• Options
    How can any real footy fan wish a team to go under?? If Charlton ever went under, it would personally be one of the worst things ever in my life. The memories I have going there with my Dad and friends make up some of the best parts of my life. I speak for thousands no doubt. I also speak for fans support Palace too...As much as I detest the club, it would be a sad day to see a team like that, or any team come to think about it, go under. Happy New Year everyone...I do however, hope to see Palace dragged into the relegation places and Ambrose get a sulk on and dropped!
  • Options
    West Ham set to snub former Birmingham City owners David Gold and David Sullivan

West Ham's statement during the week that they are in no hurry to sell the club is due to the fact that none of the bidders has come up with an offer that troubled Icelandic bank Straumur consider acceptable.

The four interested parties are understood to be former Birmingham City owners David Sullivan and David Gold, London-based financial analysis firm Intermarket, Air Asia founder Tony Fernandes, who has since withdrawn, and an unidentified American individual.

Sullivan and Gold are unlikely to succeed, given that their £50million bid falls below Straumur's valuation and they have antagonised the club by the manner with which they have conducted themselves.
  • Options
    They'll go for Palace next.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]They'll go for Palace next.

Yep that's my view.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]

Yep that's my view.

Not mine, well wide of the mark as well.
  • Options
    why do u say that Ketman?
  • Options
    Nothing in the Palace thing so I have heard.
  • Options
    Why buy Palace?
    What ambitions would or could the new owners have?
    What would it cost to get a ground (or bring selhurst up to 1990s standards), a training ground and a squad of players that could challenge for promotion.
    If I were Gold I'd keep my money in my pocket and buy a season ticket for West Ham.
  • Options
    Think we are all pissing in the wind trying to second guess this one. My guess is they will get West Ham. Both parties are currently having a stare off and I rekon current Hammers owners will have to blink first.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Think we are all pissing in the wind trying to second guess this one. My guess is they will get West Ham. Both parties are currently having a stare off and I rekon current Hammers owners will have to blink first.

I see you are still reading the News of the World Shooters!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Think we are all pissing in the wind trying to second guess this one. My guess is they will get West Ham. Both parties are currently having a stare off and I rekon current Hammers owners will have to blink first.

I see you are still reading the News of the World Shooters!

Well certainly not today. Its called insight ;0)
  • Options
    I think it will be West Ham.

The bank won't put any more money into them and if they go down then they are worth nothing so sooner or later they will have to sell up.

Palace will only happen if before Feb I would have thought as otherwise they will have sold all their better players and be plummeting down the table meaning with millions to be spent on a ground / training ground and all their best players gone they won't look so attractive any more!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]

Yep that's my view.

Not mine, well wide of the mark as well.

Well if you have more of the inside track then fine. In my view there's a game of bluff and counter bluff going on here. Clearly offers have been made to West Ham and a high profile visit has been made to the Valley. Has this been done to try to flush out the current board/owners of the Hammers/us/Palarse maybe Watford even.
  • Options
    It's a game of poker bing.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Sky Sports reporting on-line that Intermarket,the American consortium, are set to make a £100m bid for west ham on Monday,if true,that will blow the Gold/Sullivan bid out of sight...
  • Options
    Oh jeez....Cest la vie McMoist....Cest la vie.
  • Options
    Well that's cheered us all up then!!

One thing stuck out for me though -

"and a further £12m loan West Ham took out in December. That was borrowed by pledging 70 per cent of next year's season-ticket money and 60 per cent of the following season's."

How can clubs be allowed to do this?!!
  • Options
    It was always going to be wet sham unfortunately,jammy f##ks,its not the 1st time theyve been deep in the shite and come up smelling of roses. Just think what a bit of money couldve done for us in this transfer window.....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Jee thanks Dave! On the plus side though, maybe another businessman or set of businessmen may have read that and thought "hmm ...Charlton, might be worth investing a bit in them" I can but dream!