Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

golds to takeover W Ham.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]SELKENT? No it would never catch on, its not the kind of thing that people would remember. What does it stand for SELhurst, KENnington Town or something.

Oh I see, Karen Brady will also buy Palarse and somebody else connected but as yet unknown (Curbs) will buy T' Wall and we will merge into the South East and East London, Kent, Surrey and Norwood Junction Rovers. Home games to be played at the new stadium being built at the Horniman museum, chosen for its excellent public transport links.

Don't know who your source is but that exactly what I was told this morning by someone close to Paul Pesicolido.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Westham And North Kent Estuary Rovers.

Works for me ;-)

If we are called that I will definately come. I am also sure as a team we would be a real handful.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]SELKENT? No it would never catch on, its not the kind of thing that people would remember. What does it stand for SELhurst, KENnington Town or something.

Oh I see, Karen Brady will also buy Palarse and somebody else connected but as yet unknown (Curbs) will buy T' Wall and we will merge into the South East and East London, Kent, Surrey and Norwood Junction Rovers. Home games to be played at the new stadium being built at the Horniman museum, chosen for its excellent public transport links.

Don't know who your source is but that exactly what I was told this morning by someone close to Paul Pesicolido.

Its all there on the takeover thread.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Westham And North Kent Estuary Rovers.

Works for me ;-)

I suppose we would warm up with two balls and during the game attack in spurts.
  • Options
    Use a bit from both clubs names . Charlton athletic from us and FC from them.
    Just like Ron and co wanted a few years back
  • Options
    So Gold and Sullivan are likely to have their bids turned down?

West Ham debts frozen
  • Options
    Another complication in their bid to conclude an early deal. Not really sure how significant this is though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Another complication in their bid to conclude an early deal. Not really sure how significant this is though.

depends on how true the stories about Gilbert and Sullivan wanting a quick deal, either with WHU or if not us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]So Gold and Sullivan are likely to have their bids turned down?

West Ham debts frozen

I know it's been cold for the last couple of days but that's ridiculous...Frozen debt
  • Options
    I know I wanted to punch Gold and Sullivan.. now I just want to tap them on the nose ..... lol and thanks Henry I realised what I put now.. Of course I want promotion but you knew where we are coming from.. but this now strikes a good question...

1) Do Gold and Sullivan have a realistic chance of getting control of West Ham?
    2) Are they willing or prepared to wait until September to strike a deal? (of cours the possibility of other bidders not coming up with the right offer or they don't have the financial backing?)
    3) Lucky Luchy West Ham - does that now givem them the licence to go out and do what they want when they want?
    4) Of course Sullivan and Gold may still get the club before end of Jan but have the knowledge the repayment of West Hams debts is frozen until Septemenber....
    5) £80 million I beliveve may be their final offer (sullivan and gold yet) so they may in a couple of weeks come in with a FINAL offer of £80 million and they take on all the debts. If that is turned down then maybe they are unlikely to go and invest in them.

So this could be all to do with timing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An interesting way to look at things now is that if they were to consider taking over Charlton. They may be able to appoint their own manager, with the possibility of Parky going to Reading!
  • Options
    slow down. Parky hasnt gone to reading yet and he maybe smart enough to stay here especially if we have G&S.

If G&S want a new manager why worry about reading. They can just sack parky and appoint who they want.
  • Options
    This Gilbert and Sullivan lark is turning into a comic opera;-)
  • Options
    mooney's loan or transfer might be in doubt.
  • Options
    Thats a good point Henry.... We have Sodje who's parent club and same situ with Reading and Mooney !! Still when the Gold and Sullivans roll into the Valley in a weeks time who needs them........ ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]SELK*NT
    Isn't that Simon Jordan?
  • Options
    I heard Gold on Talkcrap at the weekend and he was adament that he wasn't prepared to hang around and wanted a deal thrashed out before the end of the year. Timing is everything in football. I'm convinced they will try to agree a deal to buy us. No reason just a gut feeling that's all.
  • Options
    According to SSN, Close contacts and all that... The Icelandic owners are keen to do a deal with Gold & Sullivan...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: joeaddick[/cite]According to SSN, Close contacts and all that... The Icelandic owners are keen to do a deal with Gold & Sullivan...

Well I'm sure they are joe....................but not at any price one would assume.
  • Options
    The Currant Bun today says they will go for Palarse if The Hampster offer fails.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    or watford or millwall !!
  • Options
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2776962/Davids-in-Hammer-threat.html

Palace is the one they home in on.
  • Options
    i take that with a pinch of salt but kno where you are coming from? Has Gold been seen at Palace?
  • Options
    I am pretty sure the Palace link comes from a story on HOL where a bloke claims to know Gold personally.
  • Options
    West Ham major shareholder has confirmed that there is no rush to sell the club although the aim is to sell within three years. Seems that this could be the end of the Gold/Sullivan bid for West Ham or is it just a bargaining ploy in order to get them to increase their bid ? I wonder
  • Options
    I still haven't changed my initial view that West Ham is their preference but too much a major deal for them, and that Palace after going into admin and being picked up for peanuts is their 2nd preference.

I think we fall into the 'if all else fails' category, i think they will hold off for another month or so to see if Palace go into admin, where there will be other interested parties, and we'll only come into play if they are unsuccessful there.

Pure speculation on my part, haven't a clue whether anything is going on or not.
  • Options
    My personal view is that Sullivan/Gold will want to buy another club on the brink of/in administration for a bargain price. After all thats what they did at Brum. I think that with possible promotion on the cards, our board will drive too high a price. On the other hand if things are to be believed, Tangoman is desperate to get out and will probably drop his price sufficiently to make it tempting for Sullivan/Gold. Gold lives in Caterham so geographically on his doorstep.

I think the key to them buying Palace boils down to the cost of sorting out the Ground. Firstly they will need to get a decent price out of the Administrators of Rock Investments (Kemsley's business), secondly there is the cost of developing it from the sh*thole it is now to a fully modernised stadium fit for the Prem. On the second point, I think that they will back themselves to get Palace established as a Prem club then get the ground developed at a later stage.

With Charlton, the ground is already developed to a large extent and that makes it a bigger initial "swallow".

I hate the thought though of some seriously rich "tycoons" buying Palace but I can see the attraction because of their current plight. I can also see Tangoman selling out to them (without the club going into administration) because he will get out with his shirt, and he'll be able to say that he managed to steer the club through stormy waters enough to secure its long term future.

It's just a hunch thats all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]It's just a hunch thats all.

Do hope your hunch is wrong ... I have never wanted any club to go under ... except them, and it still wouldn't bother me. So getting a rich benefactor would really piss me off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]It's just a hunch thats all.

Do hope your hunch is wrong ... I have never wanted any club to go under ... except them, and it still wouldn't bother me. So getting a rich benefactor would really piss me off.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, however it is nice to see that the majority of Charlton fans are football fans too, and although they would be happy to see Palace go into administration, or Jordan go skint, do hope that the club survives. While I can't deny that seeing Charlton plunge from the Premiership to division 3, has made most Palace fans happy, there would be few that would wish them out of existence.

Reading the bbs at the moment, it would appear reading some of the comments from trusted posters, that things are happening at the moment, but obviously nothing definate about who is involved.
  • Options
    No point me lying Budgie ... it's the way I have always felt.