Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

golds to takeover W Ham.

Comments

• Options
    good luck to them they were never interested in us anway.. Now we can put the whole thing to bed. I ever see Gold and Sullivan I want to punch his lights out (only joking of course). They are West Hams at heart. Lucky for West Ham they are gaining people that know what they are doing and can rub the club properly !! West Ham - Always lucky club !!
  • Options
    Bid to be declined by all accounts.
  • Options
    I have heard West Ham are awaiting a meeting with their banks where they are hoping to get more time to repay their debts. If they get that they'll deffo turn the offer down.
  • Options
    "West Ham's Icelandic owners are expected to reject the £40m offer made by David Sullivan and David Gold, the former Birmingham City co-owners.

The bid was submitted last week to Rothschild, the bank appointed in October to find new owners, but does not meet the valuation of Straumur, the Icelandic bank which owns 70% of West Ham through CB Holding.

The anticipated rejection of the offer hinges on Straumur being granted a further debt moratorium following a hearing at the Reykjavik district court. A verdict is due today and Straumur expects to be given breathing space from its creditors until September next year.

The Sullivan-Gold offer outlined two proposals. One is to buy West Ham outright and assume full control and the other is to purchase a 50% stake that would come with the guarantee of funds for new players. It is believed that would see them pay about £20m for a 50% shareholding and the same to service the short-term debt and strengthen the squad. Both are set to be turned down."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]. I ever see Gold and Sullivan I want to punch his lights out (only joking of course).

LOL, I'd wait until this poker game is over.

Punching our new owners might not go down too well with some : - )
  • Options
    The Times:

"CB Holdings values the club at £120 million and, with debts of approximately £40 million, have indicated an asking price in the region of £80 million"

So around £30m off the asking price, but no harm in making an opportunistic bid.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/west_ham/article6956809.ece
  • Options
    Link

Straumur annoyed with Sullivan and Gold?
  • Options
    well you know how I feel Henry.. It's dragging on and on - just getting peed with the whole process. Very frustrating. Especially when you came way with Parky's Q&A session thinking, give this guy money and he could do well with our great club. I was hopeful when Gold was seen at the Valley. Now we know it was poloy to negotiate a good deal with West Ham.

They WILL end up buying West Ham. No-one else would want to touch their debts and it WILL be in West Ham's best interest to eventually accept a HIGHER bid from Gold and Sullivan. I just feel we are being used as Gold's bitch" to try and negotiate a good deal for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree with you Henry 100%. It is a poker game..... In a way I hope we do get promoted. Then this will increase the value of our club and get a better deal.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite] In a way I hope we do get promoted. .

Sorry but that did make me laugh. : - 0 As opposed to not wanting to see us promoted but I know what you mean.

The vibe I am getting is that in the CCC we will be able to balance the books albeit with selling a decent player every season or two. Back to where we were in the mid 90s really which while not ideal would at least to sustainable.

With someone like Parky in charge we'd also see a team with plenty of fight and character even if there wouldn't be much money to add flair.

Staying in this division would be disaster financially and on the field.

If Gold and Sullivan want to buy us, which they may do if they don't get West Ham then I think we have little option but to say yes but that doesn't mean that as fans we should accept any changes they makes without comment or complaint.
  • Options
    we've known all along that Gold/Sullivan are West Ham fans and would want to buy them as first option. We've always been second option. So what ? I went to buy a car tomorrow I might like a Maserati Coupe but I'm more likely to buy a Nissan Quashqai. I disagree that some are saying that they will get West Ham eventually. Gold has already said he wants a Club by the turn of the year and at 72 I can't see him waiting a year or more to buy them. If he turns his attentions to us it wouldn't bother me that he wanted West Ham first.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]we've known all along that Gold/Sullivan are West Ham fans and would want to buy them as first option. We've always been second option. So what ? I went to buy a car tomorrow I might like a Maserati Coupe but I'm more likely to buy a Nissan Quashqai. I disagree that some are saying that they will get West Ham eventually. Gold has already said he wants a Club by the turn of the year and at 72 I can't see him waiting a year or more to buy them. If he turns his attentions to us it wouldn't bother me that he wanted West Ham first.
    I agree with you whole heartedly Large but don't, whatever you do, by a Nissan Quashqai ;)
  • Options
    Is Nissan Quashqai that West Ham player who's on loan at MK Dons
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]we've known all along that Gold/Sullivan are West Ham fans and would want to buy them as first option. We've always been second option. So what ? I went to buy a car tomorrow I might like a Maserati Coupe but I'm more likely to buy a Nissan Quashqai. I disagree that some are saying that they will get West Ham eventually. Gold has already said he wants a Club by the turn of the year and at 72 I can't see him waiting a year or more to buy them. If he turns his attentions to us it wouldn't bother me that he wanted West Ham first.

Nor me. We will have to wait and see.
  • Options
    You could also buy the rusting old orange banger down the road.

Needs some money spent on it to get it through its MOT though.
  • Options
    Hasn't Nissan Quashqai already gone to MK Dons on loan?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Is Nissan Quashqai that West Ham player who's on loan at MK Dons
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Hasn't Nissan Quashqai already gone to MK Dons on loan?

Echo

echo

echo

echo
  • Options
    Keep up player ; - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If there is any truth in Gold saying he wanted a club by the years end then I suspect West Ham is already a non starter. It would appear to me that the finances there are so complicated and fluid and you can add to that the uncertain future of their league status and the implications of that into the equation, then a speedy conclusion to a deal looks highly unlikely to me. Just my opinion but I suspect the Gold/Sullivan bid for West Ham was a cheeky offer made in the hope that it might just be accepted. Now that the banks have indicated that there is no particular rush I can see them wanting to get the full 80 million thats been quoted.
  • Options
    mmm. but they have already gone on record a couple of months ago they would agree (sullivan and Gold that is) to a purchase of West Ham and take their debts for £80 million and no more. So all this is a negotiating ploy ( I can't blame and Sullivan and Gold) to try and get West Ham for as cheap as possible.... like henry says it is a poler game... one will have to give and my gut feeling is that West Ham WILL end up selling for £80 million !! I think Sullivan is worth £300 million alone and so £80 million is short change plus it is not just his monely.. I am sure Gold is putting in as well.

If Charlton were in this situation and I was a nulti millionaire and had a chance to rescue my club I would do the same but still end up buying them !!
  • Options
    So Sullivan buys West Ham, Gold buys Charlton and they merge the clubs. The respective stadiums are sold off for housing development and the new team is to be called South and East London United. Home games will be played at the new Olympic stadium and reserve games/league cup at the Dome site.

Would you support them if it happened?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]So Sullivan buys West Ham, Gold buys Charlton and they merge the clubs. The respective stadiums are sold off for housing development and the new team is to be called South and East London United. Home games will be played at the new Olympic stadium and reserve games/league cup at the Dome site.

Would you support them if it happened?

yes, of course, why not? ; - )
  • Options
    Can't think of any reasons myself, although hope they choose a nice colour for the kit. Thats the kind of thing that would make me change my team again.
  • Options
    No way, Charlton are a Kent team! So unless the call it South East London & Kent United I'm out.
  • Options
    How about South United (London & Kent) or SULK for short?
  • Options
    SELKENT
  • Options
    SELKENT? No it would never catch on, its not the kind of thing that people would remember. What does it stand for SELhurst, KENnington Town or something.

Oh I see, Karen Brady will also buy Palarse and somebody else connected but as yet unknown (Curbs) will buy T' Wall and we will merge into the South East and East London, Kent, Surrey and Norwood Junction Rovers. Home games to be played at the new stadium being built at the Horniman museum, chosen for its excellent public transport links.
  • Options
    Westham And North Kent Estuary Rovers.

Works for me ;-)