Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

nicky bailey

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
didnt get hit? why did he fall on floor?

Comments

• Options
    shut up attacking our players havent seen it but tbh cudnt give two s**ts, excuse my french but after our second successive away win and we have closed the gap on leads sum1 posts yet another negative thread grrr!!!!!
  • Options
    who you talking to,i just saw it on tv just wondering why he went down so quick,seemed no contact,you prick
  • Options
    well its quite obvious im talking to u numpty, yes as i sed i havent seen it but again bringing up the fact whether he's play acting.

why not start a thread to do with another win for charlton or something positive or a you a glass half empty kind of guy??

anyways im going to bed so wont be respondin to watever garbage u put next :-)
  • Options
    I could not tell on the tv, could not slow down the tv enough, did go down lik a sack of potatoes though
  • Options
    my favourite player kap but looked at three times and it dont look like any contact. yes you go to bed mummys boy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]shut up attacking our players havent seen it but tbh cudnt give two s**ts, excuse my french but after our second successive away win and we have closed the gap on leads sum1 posts yet another negative thread grrr!!!!!
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]well its quite obvious im talking to u numpty, yes as i sed i havent seen it but again bringing up the fact whether he's play acting.

why not start a thread to do with another win for charlton or something positive or a you a glass half empty kind of guy??

Helmet alert!

What's your problem sunshine? No need for all that.
  • Options
    mum forget to put hes water bottle in.
  • Options
    I watched it over and over and still couldn't say whether he was hit, mainly because Omazusi and Akpo were standing in the way of the camera. At first I thought their number 6 had pulled him back, but although he had is hands on him there didn't seem to be any pulling movement in slow-mo. One of their players did have his fists up, but I don't think it was Baker, because this was a little fella not someone who's 6'2".

So after all that, did he get hit? Dunno. Why did he fall on the floor? To get one of them sent off, of course ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Every other League One fan bar ours and other teams player seem to hate him, I love the bloke - aslong as he's not cheating he's the sort of player we need at this level! Opponents get wound up and seem to single him out for the nasty tackles, but he doesn't seem to mind. Not sure what happened yesterday though, all a bit of a bundle in the middle there with Carl Baker over reacting - and acting up to someone laying on the floor.
  • Options
    could be a bit of both then. love hes effort just dont want him to get into all that palarva.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Down like a sack of spuds, it's true. Didn't see a punch on him, but couldn't see much.
  • Options
    to be fair. he did go down quickly.. but typical of the poxy hilights we get one second to make a decision on it.. these hihighlights are poor. they showed our goal last weekend but inexplicably did not show baranrds mss !!

I saw one glimpse of it and wasnt sure.. well the ref was convinced he was hit in the face so all that matters and as someone on this thread stated the baker fell did have his fists raised !! Whilst the jury is out that is a bit dramatic to go down like thta when you have not been hit !!
  • Options
    well they are going to show highlight on sky in a mo and i am going to freeze frame !!
  • Options
    rite.. i didnt get a chance to record it.. but his fists are raised as thought it was his face and pushed him over at the same tine (punch is still not clear). Baker does stamp or attempt to stamp on bailey afters and moves towards him
  • Options
    didn't look to much in it to be honest and he seemed to go down fairly easily....however other teams/players wouldn't hesitate against us I'm sure.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]Every other League One fan bar ours and other teams player seem to hate him, I love the bloke - aslong as he's not cheating he's the sort of player we need at this level! Opponents get wound up and seem to single him out for the nasty tackles, but he doesn't seem to mind. Not sure what happened yesterday though, all a bit of a bundle in the middle there with Carl Baker over reacting - and acting up to someone laying on the floor.

Every other League One fan and players seem to hate him.................where are you getting that from???
  • Options
    The OS says Baker was sent off for headbutting Bailey.
  • Options
    Love the way some people say they couldn't see what happened but immediately say Bailey was faking it.

Just hope I never have to rely on some of you as witnesses in a court case or as jurors as you seem to make your minds up very quickly on little or no evidence.
  • Options
    On the Stockport board there seemd to be a consensus that Baker deserved to go.

There was also some unpleasant "stirring" suggesting Bailey had made a comment about Bakers brother (he died a while back) and that had provoked the reaction.

Absolute rubbish, quite how someone sitting in the crowd (or more likely infront of a PC/Laptop) can "know" that sort of thing is beyond me. If I was Bailey and found out someone was spreading those sort of unfounded rumours about me I wouldn't be a happy man.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Love the way some people say they couldn't see what happened but immediately say Bailey was faking it.

Just hope I never have to rely on some of you as witnesses in a court case or as jurors as you seem to make your minds up very quickly on little or no evidence.

Your faith in our legal system is commendable, but having been on jury service the level of consideration on here out strips that of some of the people i met,

[cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]On the Stockport board there seemd to be a consensus that Baker deserved to go.

There was also some unpleasant "stirring" suggesting Bailey had made a comment about Bakers brother (he died a while back) and that had provoked the reaction.

Absolute rubbish, quite how someone sitting in the crowd (or more likely infront of a PC/Laptop) can "know" that sort of thing is beyond me. If I was Bailey and found out someone was spreading those sort of unfounded rumours about me I wouldn't be a happy man.

I went on one message board to read how a stockport fan had been told that Bailey was always going downand he had got a Southend player sent off". I waxed lyrically in reply only to find that I had tpo register and then couild not be bothered
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There had been an incident earlier in the half between Bailey and a Stockport player. Nearly kicked off then but others calmed it down. The sending off was at the other end of the pitch from us but I guessed it was a bit of revenge from what happened earlier. Packed box defending a freekick someone took the opportunity to do Nicky.
  • Options
    Bailey does seem to going towards the play acting side of the game but i would have loved to see akpo and Semedo get stuck in :P
  • Options
    I could not see any contact on the tv, does not mean there wasn't any though. Plus in the stuff that followed he did appear to get trodden on a few times and if he had been faking surely he would have reacted to that?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Merty111[/cite]Bailey does seem to going towards the play acting side of the game

And you base this statement on what?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    I went on one message board to read how a stockport fan had been told that Bailey was always going downand he had got a Southend player sent off". I waxed lyrically in reply only to find that I had tpo register and then couild not be bothered

LOL, nice one Kap
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]shut up attacking our players havent seen it but tbh cudnt give two s**ts, excuse my french but after our second successive away win and we have closed the gap on leads sum1 posts yet another negative thread grrr!!!!!
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]well its quite obvious im talking to u numpty, yes as i sed i havent seen it but again bringing up the fact whether he's play acting.

Agree off_it very unecessary. We all support the same club if you are not interested in the thread dont comment rather than have ago at one of your own fans.
  • Options
    Bailey is a proper captain, a leader, a winner, and we are lucky we have him.

As the Stockport guys got more and more frustrated at time running out, NB kicked 2 long passes into the corner for throw-ins which made them even more annoyed.

Teams have done this kind of thing to us in the past, and if he went down "softly" - then so be it.

We have got to get out of this sh**ty division (4000 crowd and they ran out of programmes yesterday!) by whatever means necessary.
  • Options
    Bailey is a cheat

But he's our cheat
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Love the way some people say they couldn't see what happened but immediately say Bailey was faking it.

But Henry, this isn't a court of law. Nobody is saying "send him down". It's just that there seems to be a trend that he goes to ground easily, makes a big fuss for a few minutes and then running off as if nothing had happened. Surely you must have noticed this trend for yourself. If not, I'd say that you seem to be very slow to recognise patterns when presented with them on an almost weekly basis. We're just debating whether all this is genuine or whether there's an element of play acting.

For the record, I think he's a great player who tries as hard as anyone to get a win for Charlton. I just wonder if all of his efforts are within the laws of the game.
  • Options
    iam a massive fan of the lad he gives 100% every week for us but as i mentioned he talks like a girl but im not moaning at him for that lol. Quality player, quality leader and a quality bloke im told.