Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

nicky bailey

Comments

• Options
    Good, I hope he hams it up, about time we had someone who winds up the oppositions
  • Options
    I'd love to know what it is that makes supposedly intelligent blokes post like complete idiots some times. Don't half make yourselves look really stupid to others you know.

As for Bailey, he has been exaggerating injuries all season, and is fast getting a reputation amongst the league as a Ginger Savage. As in Robbie Savage.

Personally, i love it (so far) and am back him 100%. We haven't had a pantomine villian playing for us for a while and it is quite entertaining. But there is a very fine line between using "experience" to exaggerate an incident to you and the teams advantage, and taking it a too far. I don't think Nicky has crossed the line yet, but he has to start becoming aware that the boy who cried wolf principle will probably start coming into play, refs will wise up to it or at least adopt a bit more caution where he is involved. Could backfire on him eventually.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'd love to know what it is that makes supposedly intelligent blokes post like complete idiots some times. Don't half make yourselves look really stupid to others you know.

As for Bailey, he has been exaggerating injuries all season, and is fast getting a reputation amongst the league as a Ginger Savage. As in Robbie Savage.

Personally, i love it (so far) and am back him 100%. We haven't had a pantomine villian playing for us for a while and it is quite entertaining. But there is a very fine line between using "experience" to exaggerate an incident to you and the teams advantage, and taking it a too far. I don't think Nicky has crossed the line yet, but he has to start becoming aware that the boy who cried wolf principle will probably start coming into play, refs will wise up to it or at least adopt a bit more caution where he is involved. Could backfire on him eventually.

Nice post AFKA
  • Options
    Scotty Parker did it for us, would hit the deck like a bag of spuds, wind people up, and was a darn good player to boot, Nicky is exactly that for us in League 1, we're catching Leeds, and if come May 1st, Nicky gets Snodgrass sent off at the Valley, and we go on to win the league, then more power to the bloke
  • Options
    I can't personally judge, but I would say it should be possible to raise a few concerns about playacting (should it be there) without that being taken as an attack on Bailey's ability, captaincy and place in the side.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Scotty Parker did it for us

Correct.

A better comparison to me though would be Johnny Robinson. Mouthing off, moaning, whinging, winding up the oppo, in the ref's face, exaggerating injuries, Robbo was the master at it. And we loved him for it.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'd love to know what it is that makes supposedly intelligent blokes post like complete idiots some times. Don't half make yourselves look really stupid to others you know.

Thanks, for that - agreed.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm watching different games to a few others.
    As a rule, I've always thought that if someone is badly injured they tend to lie still. If they are writhing/rolling around they are generally exaggerating like the Italians and Argentinian's of old.
  • Options
    i think i might have read somewhere that bailey showed the studmarks on the back of his leg to someone at the christmas party.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]i think i might have read somewhere that bailey showed the studmarks on the back of his leg to someone at the christmas party.

He showed Buckshee SOME studmarks. Why people on here have assumed it related to the incident in question, I'm not sure.
  • Options
    I take the way my other halfs reaction is to if he does or not... At the start of the season (starting with the Ipswich friendly) she was saying oh Bailey looks hurt or oh he wont be able to carry on. Now she says Bailey is rolling about again or he'll be up in a minute. While i know she aint no expert on football she's watched enough to have an educated opinion,she doesn't say it for reaction just because that is what she see's. I guess many others do too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]i think i might have read somewhere that bailey showed the studmarks on the back of his leg to someone at the christmas party.

It may well have been & I'm not saying he wasn't kicked. But he was rolling around and exaggerating for the umpteenth time this season. Every time he then gets up and carries on as if he hadn't been touched.
  • Options
    Like iv said before, all the top teams have a wind up merchant and Bailey is ours. As long as we keep winning and Bailey keeps showing his passion for the club I couldnt give a shit what he does.
  • Options
    Our top scorer last season and just about the only player who's reputation was enhanced after an appalling season, another 8 odd goals this year, several more in assists, plus he's played through an injury and all some people can do is moan that he falls over too easily and makes the most of his injuries.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]

He showed Buckshee SOME studmarks. Why people on here have assumed it related to the incident in question, I'm not sure.

Studgate? I think we need to convene an enquiry or at the very least that one off CSI Miami...
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Our top scorer last season and just about the only player who's reputation was enhanced after an appalling season, another 8 odd goals this year, several more in assists, plus he's played through an injury and all some people can do is moan that he falls over too easily and makes the most of his injuries.

Is it ok to only moan about the players that aren't your favourites? I for one wasn't moaning just saying how some people see him. People without hidden agenda's. Its the same all the time on here,if anyone say's anything about bailey all the bailey fans come out and say we shouldn't be slagging off our own players or if something is said about sam all his followers come out saying it shouldn't be done. Yet these same people find it very easy to moan and make comment about other players and everyone is just meant to listen and not disagree. Well how about everyone just says freely what they think. Yes he is one of the better players this season but that doesn't mean he doesn't roll about. Yes he's scored 8 this year but does that mean we cant speak about him. I hope not
  • Options
    i hear ya uncle. maybe it would be a good idea to have a list given to us as to who we can and can''t talk about, on a charlton message board.
  • Options
    well said uncle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]i hear ya uncle. maybe it would be a good idea to have a list given to us as to who we can and can''t talk about, on a charlton message board.

I'll kick it off.

Jimmy Hill
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    agree with what southend, covered end and afka said .... as soon as the incident took place yesterday even tho it wasn't clear from where i was sitting my first thoughts were bailey was to be involved cos he is a wind up merchant ....
    there was a thread on here earlier on in the season when some nothing club's fan(yeah could be anyone of 20 clubs in this shite league) had said they hated bailey more than any other player in the league ....
    well we all hated wise, savage , dickov etc cos they were wind up merchants but we've got our own now and good luck to him but as pointed out he has to be careful cos he will get a reputation and he might come unstuck , just like the diver gerrard did today!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]i hear ya uncle. maybe it would be a good idea to have a list given to us as to who we can and can''t talk about, on a charlton message board.

I'll kick it off.

Jimmy Hill

I should hope not, this is one of my favourite pieces of stand up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i91KQs12-q4
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I take the way my other halfs reaction is to if he does or not... At the start of the season (starting with the Ipswich friendly) she was saying oh Bailey looks hurt or oh he wont be able to carry on. Now she says Bailey is rolling about again or he'll be up in a minute. While i know she aint no expert on football she's watched enough to have an educated opinion,she doesn't say it for reaction just because that is what she see's. I guess many others do too

This is a pretty fair comment. I'm not sure why people are bringing up that he's a great player, or scored 8 goals last season etc. as whilst true, I thought this thread was about whether he play acts? It seems from most reports that he does play act a bit, and people are entitled to their view of whether they're comfortable with that or whether they think it's being taken too far. Surely these views can be expressed without it being taken as a slur on Bailey's footballing ability, which is unquestioned. The debate is whether he play acts and whether it is fair or necessary (and AFKA has argued well that it is), not whether Bailey is a good player.
  • Options
    I think hes blinding...... and looking at it agaon, its obvious that its all gonna go off and the bloke did do the forehead to forehead thing and Baileys experience said down you go, he moght send him off , saves us having a backs against the wall finish, and he may even have wound the bloke up through out the game and got him to boiling point... its all the old tricks we see much much much worse ever week on the prme woth Gerard and drogba pretending to have a fit FFS.... and as far as Im concerned if it gets us 1 extra point then do it.. we are not in a position to not do everything we can to get out of this god forsaken division and if Bails falling over after he had a hand on his neck and forehead in his face then whats the world coming to.....

and people were charlton fans arent we or am Im on the stockport board....
  • Options
    Surprised anyone can see anything, to know what wnet on. Originally i thought it was the beg lag behind throwing him down by his throat.

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16526_5770049,00.html
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Surprised anyone can see anything, to know what wnet on. Originally i thought it was the beg lag behind throwing him down by his throat.

link doesnt work
  • Options
    edited December 2009

This does...may have to cut and paste it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16526_5770049,00.html

This does...

Not for me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]

I'll kick it off.

Jimmy Hill

I should hope not, this is one of my favourite pieces of stand up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i91KQs12-q4

That's brilliant.
  • Options
    Big number 6 drags him down by the neck from behind don't he?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]Big number 6 drags him down by the neck from behind don't he?

Don't think so. His hands are in the right position, but in slo-mo there doesn't seem to be any movement.
  • Options
    southend fans just love him

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=178668710490&ref=search&sid=100000286325170.3736465138..1