Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

nicky bailey

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]fair point mate,and done without sniping. never said i was right.

You said he wasn't hit.
  • Options
    ok its over now.
  • Options
    what are you going on about with this saying it to hes face? what you want it to happen and see a reaction,your odd.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]what are you going on about with this saying it to hes face? what you want it to happen and see a reaction,your odd.

Make your mind up. Is it over or not?

Nothing will happen because no one will say it to his face
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Going by the BBC highlights he wasn't rolling around at 100 miles an hour after the headbut. As Kap said he couldn't move if he'd wanted to.

And no, no one on here that I can recall had highlighted all this play acting prior to him being raked v Southend.

As I said when Nicky comes to Bromley in March I look forward to hearing some of his critics say it to his face.

I've not metioned it here before because my posts tend to be reactive to other people's rather than proactive, but I started to wonder at the beginning of the season. In the pre-season friendly against Ipswich he was rolling around and it looked for a moment that he might not be able to continue. This stuck in miy mind because I remember turning to my mate and saying that it looked serious because I had always thought of Bailey as a hard type who wouldn't want to show it even if he was hurt. At that point I wondered if he'd miss the start of the season. I then remember him rolling around in one or two of the early games because I felt that he'd made a liar out of me. I never posted anything, but that doesn't mean that a niggling doubt hadn't set in - of course there the rub: Perhaps because I feel that way, I'm more likely to interpret what I see as being acting, whilst someone who saw his stud marks would be more likely to interpret it as him being a victim.

I'm not even complainign about it. If Southend players go in hard and he gets to waste some time out of it I don't really care. If Stockport are such mugs that they all flock around someone like that then more fool them of one of them gets sent off.
  • Options
    henry your making no sense,your very emotional today ,its a forum stop with the tears.
  • Options
    fair enough Stig,

The moot point is whether he is rolling about when not really hurt or perhaps very much hurt but where as other players might come off he gets up and carries on.

Parky said that is it the latter and that he is one of the toughest players at the club. Of course Parky will stick up for his captain but he also said that other teams target Bailey as they know both how important he is to us and that he can get wound up.

He did get caught v Southend but he got up and carried on. That is a positive thing IMHO not an indication that he was never hurt.

I don't know if he was hit or butted at Stockport or if so how hard but that's why I'm not rushing to condemn him without any evidence.
  • Options
    and breath.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]henry your making no sense,your very emotional today ,its a forum stop with the tears.

What a grown up argument that is Nolly. Where are my tears? It's called debate but you don't seem very good at that. You make a statement and when it is challenged the best you can do is say "OK, it's over now".

Almost as pathetic as you blubbing over some leg pulling on the prediction league.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    and breath mr quote man, i have perked up today thanks mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]and breath mr quote man, i have perked up today thanks mate.

So it was you who cried like a baby when he got his legged pulled over some predictions.

How did it make you feel? Did you think people were laughing at you?
  • Options
    boy your really in sad mode today,look jokes aside your upset about something,next time your on the coach were have a man hug.
  • Options
    FFS Henry, what's wrong with you today? You seem to be spoiling for a fight on two or three threads at once at the moment.

Just chill out fella.
  • Options
    Wasn't at the game so have no basis to say he took a dive, saw the highlights and couldn't tell. What I will say though is he has rolled around a few times this season like a lot of talented players do to win at all costs from soft challenges, even Rooney got booked for diving yesterday. Bit like the boy that cried wolf, a few cases of falling down a bit easy and overacting means people question it when he has been proper "done". Still he's a really great player and every team needs a wind up merchant.
  • Options
    internet guvnor is henry.
  • Options
    nug edit mate dont put yourself in the frontline.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    Got no problem with a bit of cynicism from Charlton players if and when needed, we've been soft touches for so long

Totally agree.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]FFS Henry, what's wrong with you today? You seem to be spoiling for a fight on two or three threads at once at the moment.

Just chill out fella.

I'm not spoiling for a fight or anything else.

It's a forum. People put up statements and others disagree with them. Just so happens that there were two, IMHO, very contentious statements made which I challenged and in both cases some people agreed with me and others didn't. That's what happens. Why do I need to chill out when I am perfectly chilled. Had a very good day TBH, had some good news on the personal front, Charlton won yesterday and all is good with the world.

Just a shame that Nolly is acting like a 12 year old but hey ho when doesn't he.
  • Options
    man hug coming your way henry.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Had a very good day TBH, had some good news on the personal front, Charlton won yesterday and all is good with the world.

Test results have come back then? You must be mighty relieved.

(Sorry, sorry, sorry - couldn't resist that one!)
    ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lol. your good
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Had a very good day TBH, had some good news on the personal front, Charlton won yesterday and all is good with the world.

Test results have come back then? You must be mighty relieved.

(Sorry, sorry, sorry - couldn't resist that one!)
    ;o)

Sure am, I knew taking on the whole of the Swedish netball team was a bad idea but sometimes the temptation is just too strong : - )
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Bailey HAS been exaggerating fouls against him this season. I have seen in full 21 out of our 24 games this season and I think that puts me in a reasonable position to judge.He has been getting progressively worst and yes I do believe it is embarassing.

Parky hasn't seen it apparently either.

I make no judgement on Bailey as a crucial member of our team and Captain. He is having a great season and I'm very grateful we have him.

Just cut out the play acting, as someone said, he's as bad as Drogba and Robbie Savage (this season) and I don't hear too many people saying that they approve of and enjoy their play acting.

By the way, I'd be more than happy to tell Nicky at the next Bromley meeting. Sometimes the truth hurts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Sure am, I knew taking on the whole of the Swedish netball team was a bad idea but sometimes the temptation is just too strong : - )

Blimey, Henry ..... I didn't know you had that sort of stamina.

good job your missus doesn't mind.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Bailey HAS been exaggerating fouls against him this season. I have seen in full 21 out of our 24 games this season and I think that puts me in a reasonable position to judge.He has been getting progressively worst and yes I do believe it is embarassing.

I make no judgement on Bailey as a crucial member of our team and Captain. He is having a great season and I'm very grateful we have him.

Just cut out the play acting, as someone said, he's as bad as Drogba and Robbie Savage (this season) and I don't hear too many people saying that they approve of and enjoy their play acting.

By the way, I'd be more than happy to tell Nicky at the next Bromley meeting. Sometimes the truth hurts.

See you there then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Bailey HAS been exaggerating fouls against him this season. I have seen in full 21 out of our 24 games this season and I think that puts me in a reasonable position to judge.He has been getting progressively worst and yes I do believe it is embarassing.

See you there then?

I always am.
  • Options
    yes do tell him--- tell him your not happy as you think he is faking injurys etc etc and he just might think "f**k these numptys at Charlton , ill naff off in Jan"

after all he isnt the right type of Charlton player is he ? FFS and i say again FFS

i think he is the right type of Charlton player as i hear he reads the Guardian, takes a flask to the game and hangs a shawl up in the goal , hates anyone standing-singing or swearing - and thinks climate change is real . seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i give you THE REAL CHARLTON PLAYER !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]yes do tell him--- tell him your not happy as you think he is faking injurys etc etc and he just might think "f**k these numptys at Charlton , ill naff off in Jan"

after all he isnt the right type of Charlton player is he ? FFS and i say again FFS

i think he is the right type of Charlton player as i hear he reads the Guardian, takes a flask to the game and hangs a shawl up in the goal , hates anyone standing-singing or swearing - and thinks climate change is real . seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i give you THE REAL CHARLTON PLAYER !

You really can make anything political!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]yes do tell him--- tell him your not happy as you think he is faking injurys etc etc and he just might think "f**k these numptys at Charlton , ill naff off in Jan"

He is the right type of Charlton player. He is in the Kinsella / Brown mould. Only difference is they didn't roll around exaggerating injuries (apart from once when Steve Brown was stretchered off against Leicester. Now that was funny as a one off, but it wouldn't have been if he started to do it most weeks).
  • Options
    I have never seen anyone floored like that off a football pitch with one 'punch'. Of course he play acts.

I think players do it partly because retaliating isn't an option. I can understand it.